*****Promises to Keep***** (by I love music) - comments

Di

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I?ll do a very quick summary every few chapters and let you know when I finally post a new chapter!  :)  The story so far:-

When he is seven years old, living with an alcoholic father and mentally unstable mother, Kane Phillips and his eleven-year-old brother Scott bury a jacket, rucksack and bloodied carving knife on the edge of the graveyard of the old Summer Bay church.  Scott makes his brother promise, in exchange for him keeping Kane?s dark secret, that Kane will help him dig up the bag again one day.

Kane is now grown up and married to Kirsty Sutherland.  After tragically losing their first baby, Lily, they now have a five-year-old son Jamie and have settled happily enough in Summer Bay, Kane captaining the tourist ferries and Kirsty training to be a PE teacher.

Flynn and Sally Saunders have gone on a round-the-world trip, leaving Rhys and Shelley Sutherland to run the caravan park in their absence.  Now married and living away from the Bay, Dani and Jade have come to visit the family.  Learning that Kane?s father, Richie ?Gus? Phillips, was a murderer, they unite in their efforts to gain custody of Jamie. 

Jamie knows that there are secrets in his father?s past because he?s often heard him waking from the nightmares.  But not even Kirsty knows what happened that terrible night. 

But someone else does.  And Scott Phillips, with his drug addict girlfriend Melanie, has finished his long jail sentence and made his way to Summer Bay to blackmail Kane into keeping his promise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The story so far:-

Kane has agreed to help Scott in exchange for Scott keeping his dark secret and by cover of night he heads for the old church. However, Jesse MacGregor unwittingly interrupts and, with a police patrol car closely watching them both, Kane is unable to keep his promise to dig up the stolen fortune.

Desperate to protect his family, Kane has told them nothing and next day his birthday starts happily enough with a phone call from Tasha (now modelling in Paris). Dani has gone to wish Kirsty luck on her first day teacher training at Summer Bay Primary but at the last minute she freezes when she sees Kane and Kirsty kissing and the memories of the rape flood back.

Kane drops Kirsty and Jamie off at school then fronts up to Scott who pulls a gun. The gun turns out to be fake, but in the fight that follows Scott knocks Kane unconscious.

Kirsty has become friends with sympathetic Ron Wilson, an elderly teacher at Summer Bay Primary who once taught Kane and Scott. When Kane doesn?t turn up to collect them after school as arranged and one of Summer Bay?s sudden storm threatens, Ron offers to drop them off. The car almost crashes into Colleen Smart, but fortunately Ron manages to swerve at the last minute.

Meanwhile, unaware of who the other is and that they both know Kane, Melanie and Dani happen to meet outside the Summer Bay surgery. In an emotional conversation, they learn that they have both been victims of rape and agree that a ?sicko rapist? should be left to die.

Thinking Melanie is still with Kane, Scott goes to dig up the treasure himself. Furious to find it gone and knowing Kane was the only other person who saw where it was buried, he decides to pay Kirsty and Jamie a visit.

Unable to shake off a growing sense of unease and unable to phone Kane because the phone lines are down in the storm, Kirsty is alone with Jamie in their isolated house...

Uh..I hope the actual story is more interesting than I?m making it sound in these summaries! :rolleyes:

ps I'll prob next update Sunday  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahem - it's Sunday (hint, hint) !!!

I still really look forward to the updates even though I've read these chapters before. We must be getting near to where you were before all the posts disappeared, are we? It's a really great fanfic. Can't wait for more...