*****Promises to Keep***** (by I love music) - comments

Di

I probably will post some, but I'm horribly busy craming for exams at the moment.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make sure you do!!!! :D Know what you mean about being busy. I'm meant to be moving house but the way things are going I don't think it's going to go ahead now, too many snags. Anyway, it will mean I have more time to work on Sleeping Beauty fic. Going better, I'm going to gradually include more H&A characters and have quite a few spooky scenes... :ph34r::lol:

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual I love your fanfics, and the way you describe Kane and Scott as kids.

I also love the way you write, because I can hear their Australian accent when they talk. When I try to write Australian it just turns out as crappy twisted southern states American slang... :lol:

I also think it's very interesting to read about how you imagine Kane and Kirsty's kids as I'm doing the same thing in my fics. It's very interesting to see how different Jamie and DeAnna are, but I can still totally imagine Jamie as KK's child, just as much as DeAnna :)

I know I haven't been reading a lot of your fanfics lately, but I promise, this one I will keep reading. And I'll keep that promise :P

As usual I love your fanfics, and the way you describe Kane and Scott as kids.

I also love the way you write, because I can hear their Australian accent when they talk. When I try to write Australian it just turns out as crappy twisted southern states American slang... :lol:

I also think it's very interesting to read about how you imagine Kane and Kirsty's kids as I'm doing the same thing in my fics. It's very interesting to see how different Jamie and DeAnna are, but I can still totally imagine Jamie as KK's child, just as much as DeAnna :)

I know I haven't been reading a lot of your fanfics lately, but I promise, this one I will keep reading. ] And I'll keep that promise :P

Somebody else in this fic keeps a promise... :wink::P

I really, truly love your writing, ILM!

Again, the way you describe the people is incredible, especially Kane. I actually think your way to describe him has affected how I feel about him when I watch Home&Away.

I also love the way you start each paragraph, by mentioning something casual, and not that relevant for the storyline. It makes it easier to read, and easier to get in to the situation.

I really like how you switch between the past and the present, and how you manage to talk about all the characters and not forget a single thing about them and at the same time you manage to write the parts of their story that are still unwritten, AND MAKE IT BELIEVEABLE!

This is a really good fic, and I can't wait to read more of it, so please update soon!

I usually quote to point out what I like when I review, but this time I found it hard. I really had to pull myself together not to quote the entire chapter!

Seriously, I don't know how old you are, and I haven't read any of your original fics, but if they're half as good as your fanfics you should try getting them published! I'm literally JEALOUS (and I don't think I spelled that right!) when I'm reading your fics!

The first part of this chapter is absolutely AMAZING

They say everyone holds on to happy memories of their childhood. But if you don't have any happy memories then you can always hold on to a dream.

There was a photo in a silver frame...

This part is very good. You write in a way that really makes me see how desperate Kane is holding on to the small piece of faith in a good life he has left.

Kirsty asked why he wanted to keep it when his childhood had been so sad, because he had told her about the times when Dad was blotto or Mum was behaving strangely or Scott owed him a bashing. But he said they had been a family once. He knew because there was a photo.

And Kirsty didn't say anything, but she kissed him gently.

The same goes for this sentence. I really see how the innocent boy Kane and the grown man Kane is the same person when I read this.

It must have been because Dad hadn't got any lollies when he was a kid. So Jamie had been saving up lollies for Dad's birthday prezzie. Except he kept eating them.

A tear rolled slowly down Jamie's cheek for the best Dad in the world who was having nightmares because he hadn't got any lollies when he was a kid and who, thanks to Jamie, wasn't going to get any now he was grown up either.

I just love Jamie! He's so adorable, and you just make me want to hug him.

I also have to say I like the way you talk about the Sutherlands. I don't think Shelley and Rhys would ever be able to forgive Kane (I think Dani would) but yet they would want the best for Kirsty and Jamie, and you make that so clear by writing about their behaviour when they visit Kirsty and Kane.

As I've said so many times before, I love your fics, ILM. It doesn't get much better than this. Please update soon! :)

Wow, I just read the whole thing and this is great. You are a really good writer, and I love the way you've described Kane and Scott's relationship and what the rest of the characters are doing as well. These characters were my favourites back in the day and I love what you've written so far. Please post again soon!

Again a very good chapter, and I can't wait to see where this goes!

"So it's a ******* beach. Life's a ******* beach." Scott guffawed loudly at his own wit.

I liked this sentence, it's easy to picture how Scott Phillips is when I read your stories. The comment, and the way he's laughing at his own joke makes it really good.

"Looks like you ate heaps too, matey," Kirsty said, shaking her head at the mess as she sat on the bed beside him

Jamie's birthday gift to his Dad looked more like a death threat.

Their childhood home probably still bore the mark from the squirty bottle on an upstairs ceiling and neither of them had touched Tabasco sauce since.

These three sentences were great, they all made me smile. Really well written, especially the way you can write a sentence without giving away the point before you actually get to it.

Dani squeezed Jade's arm. "Jade and I grew up together, Mrs Smart. We're sisters and we'll always be sisters."

This sentence actually made me annyoyed, not because it's a bad sentence or anything, it's just that it's so close to a sentence I was thinking of using as an important part of my own fic, Sisters.

But well written, and really paiting a picture of the strong relationship between Dani and Jade.

All over very well written, and probably one of the best fics I have ever read. Please update soon!

Great chapter! I really don't like what Shelley and Rhys is planning, I hope they don't take Jamie away from Kirsty and Kane!

"It's not Lily. Stay out of it, Jess." Kane spoke through clenched teeth. He couldn't bring himself to use their little girl as an excuse. Their loss was so raw, their hearts so empty.

Great paragraph, I can't wait to read more!!

Brilliant writing! :) I just read the last two chapters...

Loved how Colleen was flirting with Ron! That was so funny.

I really like the understanding between Jesse and Kane, and you describe everyone's feelings so well.

Jamie is the cutest thing! Can't wait for more!

"Rather be out in the bush eating burnt sausages and drinking stewed tea out of a billy can," Tasha said honestly, in one of her usual disarming statements.

Haha, I loved that sentence, I could hear Tasha saying it!

"You said..." Jamie looked puzzled, then decided Mum must have changed her mind and realised he was right all along. The shout came from his stomach. His loudest effort yet. After all, Annietash was at the other side of the world. "SEEEE YAAAAA, ANNIETAAAAAAAASH!!!!!!"

"J, I thought I explained to you..."

"You're gonna make some teacher!" Kane teased, laughing.

This too was really funny. You make it so much more interesting to read by adding these funny conversations. It makes it even more realistic!

He closed his eyes and drifted into a wonderful dream of chocolate as his father tenderly carried him to his room and tucked him back in bed.

Awww, that is just so sweet!

Melanie was working hard at keeping Scott sweet.

Is it wrong of me to actually like Melanie? I feel so sorry for her having to live with Scott!

Another great update, and this is just getting better and better. I can't wait to see what happens, it seems like everyone is after Kane at the moment!