The 'I hate Martha' club

Guest ~Angel~

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate Martha but she's not my favourite person right now. While defending the actions of "J&M" all over the place, I've mostly been defending Jack because this is the absolute lowest point in his life and the majority of that is Sam's fault. Yes he chose to stay with her thinking he still loved Martha, but he also loved Rory... he couldn't walk away from that family for the sake of another disastrous fling with Martha. He knew his track record with her as well as anyone else, and he agreed that the logical thing to do would be to stay with Sam and be safe. But when he married Sam, he thought he was marrying a nice normal girl who had had some trouble in the past, but had put that all behind her. He didn't know that she caused the trouble, or that she'd let Johnny Cooper into their lives (into his father's house!) and then killed the guy to cover it all up... Who could be expected to stay loyal to someone after being lied to like that, after she used Rory and the baby to get to him... Then she kills herself and frames him for it out of pure spite!? Ugh. Jack deserves sympathy and I'll leave it to the anti J&M thread if you want to dispute that, because, after that long rant, I am actually here to talk about Martha.

Martha all this time has been claiming to be Jack's friend, and I thought that's what she was. But in hindsight, what kind of friend hops into bed with a guy who's life so completely messed up that he can't possibly know if he's coming or going? I'm happy for them both in theory, but in practice... it's like Martha doesn't even care that Jack's lost everything all in one go. He lost the person he thought Sam was, he lost Sam herself, he lost Rory and the baby. He's thrown in his job, presumably because he's lost confidence in his ability to do that properly... and now he's just trying to get back to the last time he can remember being happy, which was when he was with Martha, before it all went to hell. IF Martha was a grown up and a friend, wouldn't she be thinking about some of that and suggesting herself to Jack that they take it slow and see what happens? See how he really feels about it when the dust has settled on his wife's grave? But no, she wants him, he wants her, and that's all there is to that.

I actually think that everyone's so bored of the whole saga that the writers might let them be a relatively stable couple from now on and allow them to fade into obscurity like every other long term relationship, so I don't expect any of this to be brought up that much by anyone but Tony, and even then I think he's just playing Devil's advocate for the nay-sayers in the audience who want them kept apart. But still. I'm not happy with Martha in all this. Jack is incredibly vulnerable right now, whether he knows it or not. If she was a real friend, she wouldn't be so quick to take advantage of him and the numerous tragedies he's suffering through.

Also, she was mean for leading Roman on. Good thing he put a stop to that.

I freakin' hate Martha, i mean what the hell is she doing trin' to get back with Jack for, she will only do what shes done before which is when another hot guy is on the scene she will go chasing after him. LEAVE JACK ALONE MARTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I don't hate Martha but she's not my favourite person right now. While defending the actions of "J&M" all over the place, I've mostly been defending Jack because this is the absolute lowest point in his life and the majority of that is Sam's fault. Yes he chose to stay with her thinking he still loved Martha, but he also loved Rory... he couldn't walk away from that family for the sake of another disastrous fling with Martha. He knew his track record with her as well as anyone else, and he agreed that the logical thing to do would be to stay with Sam and be safe. But when he married Sam, he thought he was marrying a nice normal girl who had had some trouble in the past, but had put that all behind her. He didn't know that she caused the trouble, or that she'd let Johnny Cooper into their lives (into his father's house!) and then killed the guy to cover it all up... Who could be expected to stay loyal to someone after being lied to like that, after she used Rory and the baby to get to him... Then she kills herself and frames him for it out of pure spite!? Ugh. Jack deserves sympathy and I'll leave it to the anti J&M thread if you want to dispute that, because, after that long rant, I am actually here to talk about Martha.

Martha all this time has been claiming to be Jack's friend, and I thought that's what she was. But in hindsight, what kind of friend hops into bed with a guy who's life so completely messed up that he can't possibly know if he's coming or going? I'm happy for them both in theory, but in practice... it's like Martha doesn't even care that Jack's lost everything all in one go. He lost the person he thought Sam was, he lost Sam herself, he lost Rory and the baby. He's thrown in his job, presumably because he's lost confidence in his ability to do that properly... and now he's just trying to get back to the last time he can remember being happy, which was when he was with Martha, before it all went to hell. IF Martha was a grown up and a friend, wouldn't she be thinking about some of that and suggesting herself to Jack that they take it slow and see what happens? See how he really feels about it when the dust has settled on his wife's grave? But no, she wants him, he wants her, and that's all there is to that.

I actually think that everyone's so bored of the whole saga that the writers might let them be a relatively stable couple from now on and allow them to fade into obscurity like every other long term relationship, so I don't expect any of this to be brought up that much by anyone but Tony, and even then I think he's just playing Devil's advocate for the nay-sayers in the audience who want them kept apart. But still. I'm not happy with Martha in all this. Jack is incredibly vulnerable right now, whether he knows it or not. If she was a real friend, she wouldn't be so quick to take advantage of him and the numerous tragedies he's suffering through.

Also, she was mean for leading Roman on. Good thing he put a stop to that.

Well put (as always), even though I don't completely agree with you about Jack. But as you said, this thread is not the place.

I agree with you about Martha, and I think it is a symptom that she has not grown like she says and like we are supposed to believe. She is still the same immature person who is so little in contact with her true feelings and so little concerned with other people's feelings. If Jack were to work evenings again, I think we would see the same reaction from Martha, but maybe it would take a little longer for her to show it. Hopefully, the powers read this and turn them into a mature couple with mature storylines :wink:

What I think is sad in all this is that she is Roo's daughter and in that regard a bit of H&A's history (like someone brought up in another thread). They could have done great things with that character and instad she has turned into what she is. So sad.

The she-devil has sunk to a new low lately. She gets

back with PC Plod the day after Sam's funeral!

:angry:

She will stop at nothing. She might as well dance on Sam's grave now, and rub Rory's face in the dirt. I should get angry with PC Plod, but he is so lacking in intelligence I feel it would be cruel to blame someone with such a low IQ.

You are so full of yourself, there is a limit to what you can say, He isnt PC Plod. Thats just horrible, Martha may have treated Sam in a despicable way but that is no reason for you to say that about him.

He did care about her :angry:

You are in an anti-Martha thread, do you really expect to read anything good about her? There are plenty of pro-Martha and J&M threads, which I haven't invaded to confront people on their views, so maybe you could show me the same courtesy. I'm entitled to my opinion, and I wouldn't post something if I didn't fully believe it, so nothing you say is going to change my mind, sorry.

Could you guys please stop arguing, you're giving us members a headache! :(

• 2 months later...

I have just watched the episode where Martha finds out she preagent and she doesnt know if its Jack and romans baby why are the writers doing this too us they just got jack and Martha back together and I thought that be the end of it I find all Jack and Martha storylines are really boring and now we have whos baby is it story wake me up whens its over

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, she is my least favourite character ever!! I even hate her more than I hated Tasha...she is just so selfish and nasty and...easy.

And it's waaay too late to get Jack and Martha back together now. When they first broek up I was desperate to see them make it up but now too much time has passed and they've both become such annoying characters that I don't care that they're back together. I feel the writers really missed the boat on that one. They should have cut out that ENTIRE Sam thing. It seemed like such a filler!

• 2 weeks later...

This is my home! Everything she does irritates me.

Latest issue: I don't like how they dealt with the babydaddy! issue. It was like they were willing Roman to disappear and that somehow it was all his fault. But really its Roman's baby because Martha was in a relationship with him at the time she decided to jump back into Jack's bed. Therefore Martha is at fault. I don't know how the writers can go on with this relationship because it has been seriously dead for so long - bring back Sam and Michael/Jonah. Those were the only relationships they had that I thought they were halfway decent (although it had more to do with the other person than them).

Also a little OT but Jack has had a child - Rory. You don't just wipe children from your memory and pretend you've never had one before - even if they're not biological or you didn't bring them up from birth. Thats just cold. Where's the 'I hate Jack' club?

Archived