Writers Etiquette

Guest Skykat

Nameless wasnt planned at all. I just wanted to write some Stalker-ish one night(I probably had to much caffeine aswell) and just started typing. Unlike you I havnt got many readers, Eli :P I enjoy writing it because it's not planned and I look forward to finding out how this or that Person will react, though its crazy because I know it. The Little Psycho's of Summer Bay was a load of Crap I came up with after a MSN Conversation with Belle and Aaron. Lost In Insanity was half-planned, I knew who I would kill of and what Part was based

on 'Explosion', 'Torture' and 'Shooting'. Trust came from ersonal Experience, and my first Oneshot 'The Real Incident' I came up with after watching that Ep again and wanted to discribe how Dani felt when Noah was shot. :P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is used when your asking a Question. I dont think there is a Sentence with Who in it thats not a Question.

Who<<>> Question 'Who hid my Car Keys?' Laura asked

Whom<<>> Whom is a Polite Version of saying 'Who' but cannot always be used eg. "To Whom does this belong to?" and "Who does this belong to" mean the same thing. "Whom hid my Car Keys?" and "Who hid my Car Keys?" arnt.

Edit: In short Whom is a Word you use instead of Who when the Sentence is not a Question

Well I won't write a tutorial because I'm awful at explaining things, lol, but someone last night was having trouble describing something (person shall remain nameless :P) and I just thought maybe these tip might be helpful. If you're stuck on trying to describe an emotion or feeling, or just drescribing in general try to appeal to all five senses. Touch, hearing, sight, smell and taste.

Ignore it if it makes no sense, lol. :)

Well I won't write a tutorial because I'm awful at explaining things, lol, but someone last night was having trouble describing something (person shall remain nameless :P) and I just thought maybe these tip might be helpful. If you're stuck on trying to describe an emotion or feeling, or just drescribing in general try to appeal to all five senses. Touch, hearing, sight, smell and taste.

Ignore it if it makes no sense, lol. :)

That's really great advice. Just want to add to it. :)

Okay, for anyone who's having trouble descirbing a situation, try this...

We'll take an imaginary scene. Say, for instance, your main character (we'll take Martha) is travelling on a bus...

Close your eyes. Is it crowded or half empty on the bus? Who are the other passengers? Are there kids/old people/teenagers etc? What are people talking about? Is it hot and stuffy or is it cold? (Maybe someone has a window open, blowing a draught.)

What can you see from the window? Are you going through country or city? Is it sunny or raining? Is Martha happy or sad? Whatever's happening in your story, have your character thinking about it. For instance, if Martha has just had a row with Jack and is leaving him (sorry, MJ fans, it's just an example!) she'd be very, very upset. Fighting back tears. Thinking over the row and remembering happier times.

How fast is the bus travelling? Too slowly for her or too quickly? Does someone's aftershave remind her of Jack or are the smell of the bus fumes making her feel sick? What does Martha have with her? A hastily packed bag, a book, sandwiches, a photo, a ring Jack gave her...? Is she searching for something in the bag or turning the ring over in her hands or gazing out of the window...?

You don't need to use ALL the examples, they're just ideas. Hope you get the general picture - and don't forget to open your eyes to write the next part of your story! :lol:

Archived