Just Like Heaven...

Guest SfanS

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 2:

Martha stood awkwardly at the golden gates, waiting for assistance. She felt like she was on a aradise, blissful holiday...without the millions of suitcases filled with clothes. A man with a fluffy white beard and long, spotless white robe floated towards her and smiled.

He checked his list with names in flawless handwriting. Everything was perfect here!

"Martha. Martha Mackenzie." He said simply, still smiling, showing off his sparkly whites. They were all in a perfect line and even his gums seemed better than the usual person.

Martha nodded.

"Am I...in heaven?" She asked, looking around her, eyes wide.

"Well, not yet you aren't. You've got a long way to go yet. Let's walk."

He led her away from the golden gates, around the clouds. The clouds that she walked on seemed awful compared to the inside of heaven. In heaven they looked like frothy pillows and fairy floss that would be as soft as anything. These ones were still soft, but they felt like dirty puddles oozing around her feet.

"You see, Martha, you have to go through courses and tests to make sure....well, to make sure you're...ready."

His face was serious, and he touched her arm lightly. It made Martha feel warm and special, but she supposed angel's had that effect. She swallowed. She wondered what she'd have to do. Would she meet God, Jesus, Mary? Her grandmother, Noah Lawson, all the people she had never met that everyone talked about? Would she perhaps see Chloe or Flynn again?

Suddenly, something hit Martha and she shook with horror as she thought of the possibility. One word that made any person quiver with fear.

Hell.

She thought of everything she'd been told, and wanted to go back to Earth immediately. She didn't want to risk it! What about everything she'd done wrong...surely that could mean something!

"Martha," the angel-man spoke again, as if reading her thoughts, "We don't send many people away from Heaven. Everyone just needs a bit of work. You're a good girl, Martha Mackenzie, I know you are." With a smile, he led her to a wonderful, warm room by the golden gates.

"Please, wait here."

She sat on one of the chairs in the room, and lay back. The chairs were comfy and cushion-y and had the softest fabric. She sunk into the soft chair, relaxing.

'Being dead's not so bad.' She thought happily, looking around the room.

Everyone else seemed to be enjoying the armchairs, too. Young, old (mostly old), small, large, but all were happy. Martha saw people of all different races, but everyone seemed glad to be here.

Martha had no idea how long she waited there. The comfortable time flew by. They didn't have hours in heaven. The waiting time went quicker, and one by one the people were called.

A little boy, approximately seven, leaned over to Martha.

"How does Mr. God do all this?" He whispered from his chair.

Martha had been wondering the same thing. So many appointments, and talks and meetings.

"He's clever, I guess." She replied, when suddenly she jumped at the sound of her name.

"Martha Mackenzie!"

Noah looked over at Flynn.

"I bet we just missed it! They say the carcrash was near Yabbie Creek, so I suppose we were looking at the diner at that point, while Colleen yabbered on about the bowls ladies and how Madge Wilkins had a son that looked like Leonardo Da Vinci."

"I just hope she meant Leonardo Di Caprio!" Flynn laughed. As he sat with Noah, they both looked over, beneath the clouds to the paradise Summer Bay. It wasn't so paradise that day, with the mourning of a lost resident and it was pouring with heavy rain.

"Flynn?" Noah asked, looking up from the Bay.

"Mmm?" Flynn was distracted as he watched his precious wife, Sally, walk across the sand with tears in her eyes.

"Do you ever miss....you know....being.....alive?"

"Sure. I mean, I suppose so. Sally, and Pippa, Cassie, Ric, everything. But....Noah, think about it. Look at how far we've come. Look at everything we have here!"

And looking around him, Noah knew that Flynn was right.

Hope you liked it guys! More soon!

Made your day!? :blink:

:P Aw, I'm glad it made you happy. It's a bit weird writing about heaven right now. I think it helps me coz I think about dying quite a bit. Particularly now that I've seen Titanic, lol.

I remember last year we had this huge discussion with a teacher about what heaven was and what we thought happens etc. That's where I got the idea.

It's a bit of fantasy, I suppose!

:D

"I bet we just missed it! They say the carcrash was near Yabbie Creek, so I suppose we were looking at the diner at that point, while Colleen yabbered on about the bowls ladies and how Madge Wilkins had a son that looked like Leonardo Da Vinci."

:lol:

I love this fic, it's so completely different in a brilliant way!

Archived