The Stars And Beyond

Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 4

Lucas’s P.O.V

I hate seeing her like this especially because of the pregnancy, hooked up to a drip her eyes red from crying the fear of what is wrong with her causing her mind into overdrive stressing her out even more,

“sh Matilda its going to be ok calm down” I say softly trying to reassure her,

“Its not Lucas I should of listened to you I shouldn’t have stayed working I should have gone on Maternity leave a month ago like you said” she says tears rushing down her eyes,

“Stop it Matilda it’s going to be ok I promise you” I say to her squeezing her hand tightly,

“Right lets see this baby then yeah” Rachel says as she rushes into the room with Dr Jones who does are ultrasound appointments.

Martha’s P.O.V

“Martha I’m sorry I thought that we could have lunch together sort things out I didn’t mean” he starts rushing out his words as he enters the house, I cut him off before he can finish,

“shh Jack its ok we can sort it out properly after now we have to get to the hospital, your dad just called Matilda’s been rushed into hospital” I say as I pick Jaden up from his hair chair and rush towards the door,

“oh no is she ok?” he asks,

“they don’t know she’s having an ultrasound now” I say as he locks the door as we make our way out to the car wanting to get to the hospital as soon as possible,

“Jack I love you” I say softly as he sets off down the drive,

“I love you to Martha sorry for neglecting you” he says looking at me quickly before turning his eyes back to the road.

Matilda’s P.O.V

“Is everything ok” I say as she moves the wand around on my stomach I smile as I see my baby move on the screen that’s got to be a good thing,

“just a second ill be right back I just need to get someone else to check this out” Dr Jones says rushing off,

“what’s going on what’s wrong please Rachel what’s happening” I cry tears rolling down my cheek as I look at Lucas in fear, his eyes aren’t calming like usual but like mine holding the look of pure fear and dread.

Chapter 5

Matilda’s P.O.V

“Please somebody tell us what is going on” I cry frantically,

“Baby calm down please” Lucas pleads with me as he throws his arms around me,

“It’s ok Matilda it’s just a precautionary check I’m sure” Rachel says looking at me “like Lucas said I need you to calm down you aren’t doing the baby or yourself any favours by stressing out like this” she finishes,

“It’s my fault its all my fault” I sob,

“it isn’t your fault Mattie it isn’t” Lucas says rubbing my back softly,

“What’s going on” I hear Lucas ask I look up to see Dr Jones walking back in with another doctor.

Jack’s P.O.V

“Dad what’s going on?” I say rushing into the hospital, Martha rushing in behind me cradling Jaden in his carry cot,

“She’s in with Rachel and the doctors now having an ultrasound” dad says as he strokes Beth’s back gently,

“What happened?” Martha asks him as she sits down by Beth and dad,

“Well from what Lucas was told by the woman in court who rang him all we can gather is that she was in court when she collapsed clutching her stomach in pain” Beth says finally looking up,

“It’s going to be ok Beth, Matilda’s a fighter” Martha says as she takes Jaden out of the cradle and rocks him gently in her arms.

Lucas P.O.V

“What’s going on?” I ask them as I rub Matilda’s back softly hoping to calm her sobs down,

“Sorry to rush out on you like I didn’t mean to cause you any worry I just needed to get another opinion on something?” Dr Jones said,

“Why what’s going on?” Matilda said her sobs now starting to become more composed,

“it appears Mr and Mrs Holden that we have missed something on your other scan it appears that you are having twins?” she explains,

“twins!” I exclaim,

“Oh my god twins, are they ok are the babies ok?” Matilda asks

“Yeah nothing looks wrong to me, but you need to go on bed rest now until the birth we don’t want to be risking another collapse you need to take things easy let your husband and family do all the work for you and no returning to work either you need to stress what so ever.

Archived