Guest Jackieleanne

Story Title: The Stars and Beyond

Type of story: long fic

Main Characters: Jack/Martha and Mattie/Lucas

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Romance/Angst/Drama

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: SC L

Summary: Jack and Martha and Matilda and Lucas battle through life's problems.

The Stars and Beyond

Matilda & Lucas and Martha & Jack sequel to Written In The Stars.

Five years after the wedding of Matilda and Lucas and the birth of Jack and Martha's twin girls, how are the two couple's coping with life in the bay, does Jack's busy work schedual still interfere with his relationship with Martha and their two girls and young son or has he realised that his wife and kids come first. How are Matilda and Lucas coping with their hectic work schedual and a baby on the way are they still living in marital bliss or have they had a few hurdles to overcome.

Characters:

Martha: Married to Jack with two twin daughters and a six month old son, Martha is a full time mother looking after their children.

Jack: Jack was promoted to detective just after the birth of their son Jaden, he leads a busy life hardly finding the time to rest between working at the station and spending time with his family.

Lucas: PE teacher eagely anticipating the birth of his first child with Matilda, he is eager for her to take things easy and take a few months off from her busy work schedual with the law firm she works for after their child is born.

Matilda: Six months pregnant and still busy working at the law firm reluctant to take to much time off from her carear not wanting to lose out on the big cases that she has built.

Other characters: Sarah and Louise (Martha and Jack's twin daughters), Jaden(Martha and Jack's son, Beth, Tony, Alf and Morag plus others.

First chapter up later.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 1

Martha’s P.O.V

“Mummy” I hear Sarah shout from the living room, which sets Jaden off crying, trust that to happen I’d only just got him to sleep,

“What?” I shout out to her as I walk over to Jaden’s cot picking him up in my arms and cradling him close to me, “shh don’t cry baby mummy’s here” I say rocking him softly in my arms as Sarah walks into the room,

“can you make us breakfast, I’m hungry” she says standing in the doorway,

“what about your dad can’t he make it, I’m a bit busy with your brother at the moment” I say as I rock him gently in my arms,

“Daddy’s gone to work already” Louise says walking into the room

“ohh that’s just great” I mutter “I guess I’ll have to do it then, it will just have to be toast and cereal though as I’ll have to sort your brother out as well before I can take you over to school” I say leading them out of the room carrying Jaden in my arms.

Matilda’s P.O.V

“Matilda calm down I was only saying that I think its about time you finished work for a while until I don’t know when the baby is a few months old atleast, I mean you’re six months pregnant and working as a lawyer isn’t exactly an easy job you only get stressed out because you’re working so hard and wanting to succeed” Lucas says as he rests his hand on my shoulder,

“don’t touch me Lucas it’s my body and my career I’m not ready to leave yet I don’t want to let everyone down I want to get these last two court cases out of the way with and then ill finish” I say storming out of the door with my briefcase, I know I was being selfish and that he had a point but I didn’t want to give up on these two cases I had worked so hard on them I didn’t want to have to hand them over to someone else yet.

Lucas P.O.V

Ugh why can’t she see that I’m only trying to do what’s best for her and the baby, she shouldn’t be getting herself stressed out like this it isn’t good for the baby or for her in her condition I mean she isn’t going to lose her job by telling them she’s ready to go on Maternity leave and if I was honest I’d like her to stay off for at least a few months after the baby is born so we can spend more time as a family and she can get back into the swing of things I mean its going to be really hard work, I think over to myself as I shut the door behind me and make my way down the road ready to go into school for another days work hoping that I could sort things out with Matilda tonight every second she was away from me especially when she’s stressed out like this I can’t help but worry that something is going to happen.

Archived