Christmas Is Here!

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All your answers here :) Sorry its short, need to work on my other fic.

Chapter 4

As they all made their way downstairs, Beth went into the kitchen area to make cups of coffee and hot chocolate for Matilda and Henry. Back upstairs; Tony woke up looking for Beth. When he heard the kids shouting downstairs, he figured they must all be there. He walked down the stairs and got a shock to see Henry sitting there. He had never met Henry, only seen him in photos and read the letters he wrote from boarding school.

When the tea was made, and everyone was sitting down, Henry made his announcement

“Everyone. A couple of weeks ago, when I had no classes at school, I went to the doctors. I had discovered there was some time of brown lump on my back. I didn’t know were it came from. I was worried. I didn’t want to call you guys just incase it was nothing, but you might be getting a doctors bill soon.

Anyway, when the doctor examined me, he told me he wanted the lump removed. The next day, it was. The doctor wouldn’t tell me anything after that. All he said was to come back in a week for the results. Last week I went back. He told me the lump that removed was melanoma. He said I’ve properly had it for a few months, and it’s too far-gone to try and fix. I don’t really have much longer time in this worl..”

Henry was cut off by a noise. He looked around the room and saw everyone wiping their eyes, trying to be brave for Henrys sake.

“I’m sorry to break this to you all on Christmas Day, but the doctor said I might only have a few more weeks. I couldn’t put it off any longer.’’

Just then Matilda ran out of the room. She couldn’t take it anymore. She slammed her door as she got to her room

Matildas POV

I couldn’t sit in that room any longer, while my brother kept talking. I looked at my clock. 6:30. I didn’t care how early it was. I needed somewhere to escape to. I decided to go to Sally’s. After all the time I had slept over there, I knew she would at least be awake now, feeding Pippa.

-End POV-

Matilda didn’t want to go back out into the lounge room. She didn’t want to face her family any longer then she had to. She got her ipod and mobile, and a drink and climbed out the window in her bedroom. She landed on the roof. She saw a big tree near by. She was pretty scared of heights, but she didn’t want to risk going back into the lounge room.

She slowly and carefully climbed down the tree. When she got to the bottom, she ran as fast as her legs could take her. She turned her ipod on. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol came on. One of the saddest songs she could listen to right now. She turned off the ipod. Not bothered to go through any more songs.

She ran to Sally’s and banged on the door, just hoping that she hadn’t fallen back asleep after feeding Pippa. Sally came running to the door, wondering who would come on Christmas morning, at this time. She opened it and saw Matilda standing there.

“Matilda! Merry Christmas! What brings you here so early?” Sally asked.

She saw Matilda’s wet, red and puffy eyes.

She quickly let on in, got her a glass of orange juice and both sat on the lounge with Pippa, as Matilda began to tell Sally the story.

Archived