Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the replies guys! Glad you're liking it :D Hope you enjoy the next update!

RACHEL

When you receive something that you’ve wanted all your life, when the time happens, it doesn’t feel right. The situation I’m in at the moment is tearing me apart. How I’m going to cope within the next few years is going to be a major question in my life. Though the most important thing right now is how will I tell the truth?

Two nights have passed since Rachel visited the Vale mansion, though not fulfilling the true reason why she went there for. As Peter arrives back in Summer Bay from the city tonight, Rachel’s plans to tell him all about the pregnancy is going ahead. As she wondered to herself in her bedroom, she wondered how he’ll take the news. Peter is now engaged, and he still was when they had their one night stand a few weeks ago. She doesn’t want to ruin the engagement between he and Amanda. She’s not that person, to hurt someone’s feelings. But this was a different situation. Rachel was pregnant with Peter’s child. She sat on her bed, looking upset and wondered what the outcome will be when people learn she’s pregnant with a man that’s engaged. For her, life will become a roller coaster, and right she is. Rachel’s life will never be the same again, she knew it, though there was nothing she could do to change that.

CHAPTER FOUR: The One Where They Find Out Rachel’s Pregnant

Before the sun began to set, Amanda found herself bored at home, waiting for Peter to return. With Desire taking off and Dan spending time with Leah, she seriously needed the company. Luckily, she got it when she got an unexpected visitor from her new neighbour Dennis Gillian. The two immediately hit it off, though to each other, they lied about their pasts, making stories up that sounded believable.

“So when do your two kids arrive?” Amanda asked taking a sip out of her wineglass.

“In a few days, once they’ve finished packing and I’ve got the place all set up really.” Dennis said with a sly grin. “What about you? Do you have kids?” Dennis asked.

“Yeah. I have two children. Belle, she’s seventeen and Ryan, he’s nine. When I marry my fiancée in a few weeks I’ll gain a step-son, Drew”

“Well that all sounds good.” Dennis smiled. Amanda finished the last of her wine and disappeared into the kitchen to gather more. As Amanda stayed hidden for awhile, Dennis began to snoop around the loungeroom, inspecting the photographs of Amanda’s family. He stood still for a moment. He looked like he was staring at a ghost. He picked up one of the photos and couldn’t believe who he was staring at… Peter Baker.

“Oh my god.” Dennis whispered. He felt stupidity inside, moving across the road from the man that put him away. With a detective across the road from him, his plans were never going to work. He put the photograph down, still in shock and moved back to the lounge. Though as he almost sat down, something else caught his eye. Another photograph. Again, he picked it up. In shock, not believing what was he was looking at.

“Bloody hell… What is all of this?” Dennis again whispered. He placed the photo of Belle down. What was it about Belle that made him react the way he did? In his mind though, he knew that he had to get rid of her. Though the true questions where why?

The next couple of hours felt like a speed chase as they just flew. Peter arrived home, much to Amanda’s happiness. Amanda filled him in about their new neighbour, though with Dennis’ fake story, Peter never put the pieces together. After a few glasses of wine, one thing led onto another with Peter and Amanda and they began to make out on the lounge.

“I’ve missed this” Peter said smiling.

“It’s only been three nights Peter” Amanda said kissing him. As the mood began to set in and things heated up, they were interrupted by someone. Very quickly, trying to get rid of the person, Peter leapt off the lounge and headed straight to the door. As he opened it, he noticed it was Rachel.

“Rachel… What are you doing here?” Peter asked in surprise. Amanda glided off the lounge and walked into the kitchen, thinking it was boring police business.

“Peter… We need to talk… About what happened between us a few weeks ago” Rachel whispered it softly as Peter’s eyes widen. Why would she bring this up again? He thought, after they promised not to bring it up again. As they began to whisper, Amanda could tell that something was up. She wasn’t as stupid as people thought, she did what anyone else would do and listened in to their conversation behind the kitchen door.

“Rachel, what happened a few weeks ago was a mistake. We were drunk” Peter said calmly.

“I know… I know it was. But something has happened, and it’s going to be with us for the rest of our lives” Rachel said, beginning to fall apart. She took a deep breath and let everything go all at once.

“Peter, I’m pregnant… And you’re the father.” Peter stood coldly, completely shocked, thinking how the unthinkable could happen. Behind that kitchen door stood a devastated Amanda, she too was about to fall apart. How could he do this to her? Then again, she wasn’t exactly innocent herself. Rachel couldn’t hold it any longer and feel apart in Peter’s arms. He began to comfort her, telling her everything will be alright.

Down at the beach, began a beach party with raging teens with raging hormones. Drinking, drugs and that “s” word… It definitely wasn’t schoolies, though it was close to it. As people danced and raged around the bonfire, Ric and Matilda were getting cosy away from the party, lying in each others arms and kissing. They didn’t care about who saw them, they just wanted to be with each other. With total surprise to Ric, Matilda went on top and began to undo his shirt. Ric stopped Matilda, thinking that their relationship was going slow. Well that’s what he thought anyway.

“Hey, hey… This is a little risky isn’t it?” Ric smiled with a cheeky grin.

“Risky? God no.” Matilda said, kissing him.

“I thought we were taking things slow?” He said as Matilda began to kiss his chest.

“We are”. Matilda said, taking a pause from kissing Ric’s chest. She kept on going down, and down, and down. There was a pause for a moment, then the only thing the two could hear was “ziiiiiiiiiiiiip”. Ric chuckled and in his mind he thought “Yep, this was definitely slow.” Back at the party, Drew was sitting by himself as Belle was too busy to make it to the party. He watched as people danced and made out, he noticed, opposite from him was Lucas, sitting with two other men. Drew got up and walked around the fire to sit with the guys when he noticed Lucas took out a small packaging of drugs. The two men from either side began to swallow them, as did Lucas. Drew thought he knew Lucas. This wasn’t the Lucas he knew. As Lucas never noticed him, Drew slowly backed away, minding his own business.

Peter closed the front doors of the Vale mansion and took a deep breath. Many thoughts entered and exited his mind. Though the thought that just stayed in there was, ‘how was he going to tell Amanda?’ He sat down, taking everything in with what just happened. Behind the kitchen door, Amanda was still in her place. She too took a deep breath and entered the room not looking too happy. Peter noticed the facial expression on her face, thinking that she may of overheard.

“Why Peter?” Amanda said coldly. “Why would you do this too me?” She walked slowly up to Peter and then pushed him back. “Too me!?” She screamed, sounding hurt inside.

“Amanda… It was all a mistake” Peter said supporting himself.

“Just a heartless little mistake right? Now look what’s happened Peter. You got the doctor pregnant!”

“I know. I’m sorry alright!” Peter said, beginning to sound upset.

“Oh you’re not sorry. Otherwise you wouldn’t of done it in the first place… Get out.” Amanda said.

“I’m sorry?”

“I said get out!” Amanda screamed pushing Peter back again. Peter grabbed her by the arms, to try and make her understand.

“I’m sorry alright! It was just a mistake! We all make mistakes around here Amanda. And don’t you dare criticize me, because your mistakes in life have had a greater impact on people!” Amanda pushes herself away from Peter.

“You bastard. Don’t you dare judge me!” She grinded through her teeth. “Go on! Get out!” Amanda picked up a vase and threw it at Peter, though missed on purpose as it smashed on the ground. Peter slowly looked at the vase, and then Amanda. He truly felt sorry for what he’s done, but she couldn’t see it. She began to fall apart. She slowly turned her back on him and walked up the stairs.

Back at the beach, things were getting very raunchy between Ric and Matilda. They rolled over and Ric layed on top. They continued to make out, yet with hardly anything on. Ric suddenly stopped kissing her, though continued to kiss her neck as he spoke.

“We can’t go any more further… We don’t have protection.” Ric said, with disappointment to himself.

“Oh, I brought. I thought I’ll come prepared. Matilda said taking a condom out of her wallet. Ric looked surprised and Matilda noticed that.

“Ric, is everything ok?”

“Yeah… You’re just full of shocks tonight… Are you sure you want to do this?”

“Ric… I’m sure.” Matilda teared the packet open and layed on top of Ric, as she began to go down on him. Back at the beach party, Drew couldn’t help it, he had to question Lucas. He couldn’t understand why his friend was doing what he was doing. As Drew approached Lucas, he found him on his own.

“Lucas.” Drew called. Lucas ran up to him, full of delight.

“Drew! Hey! How are you?” Lucas said hugging him.

“Mate cut the crap, I saw you taking the drugs before.” Lucas’ smile turned into a frown. He knew he was busted, though he began to beg to Drew not to tell anyone, their conversation went on for awhile, and Drew promised he wouldn’t tell anyone.

“Thanks mate, I appreciate it” Lucas said… Slipping a drug into Drew’s drink without realizing.

“Can I have the stuff then? It’s part of our deal remember.” Drew said as Lucas handed him with what’s left of the drugs. Drew put them in his pocket and smiled at Lucas.

“I’ll see you off then. Now the next time I see you I don’t want to see you popping pills alright?” Drew said with a smirk as he walked off. Lucas smiled.

“The next time I see you hopefully you wouldn’t remember what happened tonight” Lucas said in a whisper.

The next morning came. Amanda woke up, not feeling too good. Still hurt from what happened last night. She needed to talk to someone, but didn’t want to say anything to anybody that was close to her. She didn’t want to feel the embarrassment upon her. As she got herself dressed she walked over to Dennis Gillian’s place. After all, she needed a good explanation why he left so suddenly yesterday. Dennis seemed a little surprised to see Amanda at his doorstep. He greeted her in and showed her around his mansion. As they sat on the lounge, Amanda told Dennis about what happened yesterday. How she felt hurt, and doesn’t trust Peter anymore.

“It sounds like your fiancée is two-timing you.” Dennis said. Amanda couldn’t talk though, she was having an affair with Dan, Peter’s brother.

“No he’s not… He told me it was just a one-night stand… But with Rachel now going to join our family, I don’t think I can live with that… I mean how am I supposed to live with my husband, knowing he’s had a one-night stand and gained a child form it? I can see it in the future though Dennis… This baby is going to tear my family apart one way or another. How am I supposed to live with that?” Amanda said upset. Dennis gave Amanda an evil smirk. Amanda seemed a little distracted by it, though new Dennis had an idea installed.

“Well the baby wouldn’t tear your family apart if there was no baby right?” Dennis said.

“What are you saying?” Amanda said sounding curious.

“Kill the baby before it gives you any more heartache… Make the woman have a miscarriage or something. As long as it makes you happy. There shouldn’t be a care in the world.” As Dennis smiled, Amanda also smiled with him, liking the sound of his idea. Killing Rachel’s unborn baby so she can remain happy with Peter. Though will she go ahead with it?

to be continued

Archived