Ex-Idol wants a gig on Home & Away??

Guest princess_jessik

Ned vs. Kim ... hmm I still stand by my earlier comment. Neither of them are overly amazing, then again I don't watch either Home & Away or Neighbours to see quality acting ...

Is this Dean Geyer good or bad?

This is argueable and depends on taste. Personally I like him but some peple don't.

Can this Dean guy sing?

What number evictee was he on Idol?

Yes and he can third in Idol ie. he got to the final three and was kicked on on Monday night leaving 2 people in the competition.

As much as I love Dean, I personally don't want him to be on H&A or Neighbours. Music is better for him ... :wub:

Anywayz because some of you guys won't know, here is a picture (he's the one on the right):

top3.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

hahaa

Right I guess that why lots of ladies want him on H&A?

Yeh... he would fit right in with Jack, Lucas, Ric, Kim, Drew seeing as that they are all reasonably actractive shirtless ie. running out of the surf. There are some shirtless modelling pics of him around :wub:

hahaha... Ned aka Dan O'Connor. He's not that bad ... comparing him to Kim on Home & Away they are both about the same. Rather boring eyecandy.

I never thought I'd be standing up for Kim, but I actually think Ned is worse. The problem is that, as well as being very wooden and having no personality, they've tried to turn him into a 'comedy' character. At least with Kim they accept that he's there to look pretty and give him suitably emotional storylines so that he can brood a lot. Ned just makes me cringe.

I agree with you there. Chris H is 100% better than Dan O'Connor in Neighbours. I'm serious. He can't act to save himself..Ned is such an annoying character and he is so dumb. I agree with that he is very wooden and has no personality as well. I don't think I have ever seen him display any emotion lol.

Also i do not want Dean Geyer on HAA. There are already too many reality stars who want to go on a soapy, and personally, i prefer professional actors who had to work hard to get the part, not someone from aussie idol who used their popularity.

There are already too many reality stars who want to go on a soapy, and personally, i prefer professional actors who had to work hard to get the part, not someone from aussie idol who used their popularity.

Absolutely. I would like to see someone new as in an aspiring actor. We don't need any more Nina's or Ned's that use their 'singing ability' to increase the amount of viewers. Ugh.

There are already too many reality stars who want to go on a soapy, and personally, i prefer professional actors who had to work hard to get the part, not someone from aussie idol who used their popularity.

I totally agree!!! Do you think Ned (Dan O'Conner) got on Neighbours because he can act? :rolleyes:

I also think that reality stars should stick to what they do best! Like Aussie Idol contestants should stick with singing!

I think that Dean is so hot but I don't want him on home and away it will ruin his career I want him as a singer because he is such a good one. Sorry dean but stick to the stuff you know (guess who watched high school musical on Saturday? :D )

Regarding the blanket hatred of personalities from reality TV: didn't hear anyone complaining about Big Brother's Blair "McDoughnut" as Stu on Neighbours. I'm still waiting on Jamie (BB winner 2006) to appear as the spunky new personal trainer at the Gym in H&A. Shouldn't be too hard for him to play, since that's what he is/was in real life.

Regarding Ned: Dan O'Connor, I believe, was hired as a joke because when he was on Idol, everyone kept saying that he resembled the aforementioned McDoghnut boy (Ned, for those who may not remember, was cast as Stuart's brother). And Neighbours aren't too up themselves and paranoid to let the viewers have some fun. But then Ned was actually so much fun to have around - because he was blatently void of emotion - that they kept him on as a sort of running gag for characters like Stuart and Toady to play off. Ned's woodeness may have originally been the result of Dan's inexperience, but since then it's obviously been a purposeful character trait. So if you think he's wooden, then that just means he's doing his job properly.

Regarding Kim: ... no, I'm not even gonna dignify that with a response.

Regarding Nina: Delta Goodrem was not a singer or reality TV personality brought in to boost ratings. Nina was an existing character who adopted her real life alter-ego's success as a singer while Delta ran out her contract, which was, again, a sort of in-joke with the audience - a famous recording artist playing a nobody who wants to become a famous recording artist, but who used to be played by an actress that used to be (relatively) a nobody... And it's not like Delta's the only soap star to ever try her hand at singing. Difference is, she was successful.

Regarding Dean: I wouldn't mind if he had a guest stint in Home and Away, but I don't think I'd want him as a permanent cast member. I find his accent really annoying. Also, I don't think Home and Away would let him on full-time unless he dropped it and became "Aussie." He'd probably be better off on Neighbours, where he can be his South African self. It wouldn't surprise me if Neighbours did put him on just to giggle at the way he talks. They're like that. If he happens to draw in people with his looks, so much the better. Who knows, he may even be able to act if someone gave him a chance.

What are we talking about here anyway? He said he's not keen on doing TV. I'd say he's got his sights set on one of those High School Musical/Hilary Duff/Mandy Moore type movies, which I personally think would suit him perfectly.

A little open-mindedness wouldn't go astray.

Archived