See ` Ric Dalby ' at McDonald's

Guest Andy

See ` Ric Dalby ' at McDonald's

Manly Daily

8 November 2006

SOAP star Mark Furze will be out and about on the peninsula on Saturday, November 18, in his role as national ambassador for McHappy Day.

The 20-year-old, who plays Ric Dalby in Home and Away and appeared on It Takes Two this year, will be working at local McDonald's restaurants on McHappy Day to help raise $2 million for Ronald McDonald House Charities.

The charities' programs support seriously ill children and their families throughout Australia.

Furze will be at McDonald's Warriewood 10.30am-11.15am, Brookvale 11.30am-12.15pm, Forestway 12.30pm-1.15pm and Beacon Hill 1.30pm-2.15pm.

MTV presenter Maz Copton will be at McDonald's Manly Wharf 1.30-2.30pm and Warringah MP and federal Health Minister Tony Abbott will be at Warringah Mall Food Court 1pm-2pm.

On McHappy Day, $1 from the sale of Big Macs and profits from every $2 wristband sold goes direct to Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Last year, $1.5 million was raised on McHappy Day, which went towards the Ronald McDonald Learning Program, the creation of a fifth Ronald McDonald Family Retreat, four Ronald McDonald House extensions and a new Ronald McDonald Family Room.

Donations can also be made in the lead-up to and on McHappy Day, in all McDonald's restaurants, by phoning 1300 307 642 or visiting www.rmhc.org.au

There was an add for McHappy Day this morning during Sunrise and Mark was in it. His line was "If I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me 'Aren't you that guy from TV?'" :P .

I'm glad to see Mark is getting involved in helping others. :)

Archived