WWE Thread

Guest Pierced Musie

Oh I remembered the stuff with Owen Hart. First he teamed up with Jim (the Anvil) Neidhart and then he turned bad. And he kept going up to the camera and shouting how much better he was than Bret Hart. Brett Hart was another excellent wrestler. “Technical sound” as well. I couldn’t stand the guy though. I always thought he came across as extremely arrogant. Did you ever see that documentary how basically they all conspired behind his back with Vince McMahon and totally screwed him over? I think even Shaun Michaels was in on it.

I was in school when they showed a lot of these events and had to get my older brother to record them off Sky TV for me.

It’s a shame some of these all time greats have died though (and there have been quite a few of them). Because of the nature of the sport they are under pressure to maintain a perfect body resulting in years of drug abuse – Anabolic Steroids.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved the Hart Foundation, especially the British Bulldog - totally bias there lol

Yeah i did see that, i cant believe they could do it. It was really disrespectful especially as Bret's kids were there and they saw him lose it and i think he smacked Vince backstage, i dont blame him tbh

Awww i know! and if its not steroids then its pain killers they can get addicted too. Thats the evil side to the business

I grew up watching the wrestling (british, wcw, wwe/f etc...) and I think the moment that stands out is when JR announced that Owen Hart had died. I think I cried for about 48 hours after that, especially with the tribute they did for him.

I hated Shawn Michaels but I hated Vince more for doing the screwjob. At least Michaels shows remorse for it and really has changed his life round. I respect the guy for going from the drugs and booze to worshipping God. As for Triple H, who was also part of the screwjob, he is struting around like he owns the place.

Can you belive that one of the female Hart's is now wrestling, and will hopefully starting up the new foundation with the British Bulldog's son and one of the others.

Oh and Nation of Domination ruled! As does Farooq!

Triple H definately thinks he owns the joint - he is married to the bosses daughter though, so he probably does!

I know :D and she's not a poncy Diva who's never seen a wrestling ring before, she can actually hold her own! I would love a new Hart Foundation, Yeah Harry Smith and Teddy Hart are the others that wrestle, ive watched a few of their matches on you tube and they are awesome. I hope they get their chance soon. Natalya's boyfriend is also a wrestler on FCW he was taught in the dungeon by the British Bulldog and some of the other Hart's, he's good too

The tribute show to Owen Hart was sooo emotional, its such a shame. He was my wrestling idol :(

The Natural Disasters were a good Tag Team too, they were big units and definately did some damage :lol:

The Natural Disasters were a good Tag Team too, they were big units and definately did some damage :lol:

It’s funny because they used to be enemies. Before they joined up, Tugboat (who became Typhoon) was actually pals with Hulk Hogan during his feud with the Earthquake (He actually put Tugboat in hospital and made sure he wasn’t by Hogan’s ring side in Summer Slam 1990). Hogan eliminated him from Royal Rumble 1991 and I don’t think they were friends after that. Anyway later on in the year he and the Bush Wackers had a triple tag-team match against the Nasty Boys and Earthquake. It was then that he turned bad and helped them to pin one of the Bush Wackers. Enter the Natural Disasters.

I actually thought other tag teams worked a lot better together than they did. As individual wrestlers they were both pretty good but if you watch some of their matches you could see collectively they weren’t as good as teams such as the Rockers, Legion of Doom etc.

I would say that one my all time favourite Wrestlers was defiantly the Ultimate Warrior but boy did he spout such tripe at times. If you watch the documentary on his demise you will see that he did not get on with a lot of the other people in the WWF and very few liked him. Some of the wrestlers didn’t actually think he was a very good wrestler. He was just strong, i.e. a body builder turned wrestler. I didn’t think anything of it at the time but if you look at some of his matches you will see that as a lot of his moves were not very technical.

Really?? well...you learn something new everyday!!

The only time i've really liked Shawn Michaels was during the matches when he was in The Rockers with Marty Jannetty, they were a great tag team

I'll have to try and find that documentary, sounds really interesting!

Archived