The Next Generation

Guest dolly-999

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the Jack-hater! I haven't seen you around in AGES! :D

Ha, lol, Haven't heard anyone call me that in ages. :lol:

Yeah haven't been here in like a year, got too busy, well still am seeing as I've got HSC trials in 2 weeks, but I decided I needed something to do when I'm not studying, and so that's why I started writing again.

Anyway thanks for the reviews guys. I've written half of the next chapter already, so I'll probably have it up sometime in the next day or two.

Chapter number 5. Just Colleen being Colleen

That afternoon Tash arrived home to find Martha already back from school. “Hey how was school today princess?”

“Yeah it was alright. I got fifty six percent on that Math’s test”.

“Oh well done, you passed” Tash smiled, giving her daughter a hug.

“Yeah only just”

“Yeah but it’s still an improvement”

“True. Anyway where’s Dad, I though he was staying home today?”

“He got called in again sweaty”.

“But, he only just got back” Martha whined, it just wasn’t fair sometimes.

“I know. But hey hopefully it won’t be for as long this time”. Truth was, she wasn’t so sure she actually believed that herself, it always happened like this, he’d get called out and one problem would turn into fifty as soon as he got there.

“Yeah, that’s what you said last time” Martha pointed out. “Anyway, we went to the graveyard today”.

“Oh, sounds thrilling” Tash said sarcastically.

Giggling, Martha got up and walked to where her mum was in the kitchen, “yeah totally. I found Uncle Jack’s grave, and his fiancé’s”.

Tash froze, what? Had she figured it out?

“You never told me she died the same day I was born”.

“Yeah, it was a long day” Tash lied, “I went into see her between contractions, and then she was gone by the time you were born”. She finished, hoping for dear life that she sounded convincing. Why did all this have to happen now, up until the last few months they’d never even had to deal with any of this, but from Martha picking up on how she was nothing like her and Robbie, and now this, she didn’t know how long it would be till Martha figured it all out. She was probably being paranoid, after all, to her it was obvious seeing as she knew the truth, but Martha didn’t. And because of that fact Tash hoped that Martha would never even guess what the truth really was.

“Wow, that’s horrible, no wonder you never talked about it before”.

“Yeah both me and your father never really talked about Martha or Jack, it was probably one of the worst weeks of our lives. They were the ones in that picture you found in my sock draw a while back”.

“Oh really?” Martha tried to act surprised, truth was she already knew it; her Grand father had shown her pictures of Jack and Martha before. “So what happened to the baby?” she asked as her mum handed her a glass of juice and the two of them walked back into the dinning room.

“Baby?” Tash almost chocked on her mouthful of juice.

“Yeah” Martha looked curiously at her mother’s reaction. “The grave stone said that she was an expectant mother”.

“Yeah, the baby wasn’t far enough along when she died, so there was nothing they could do” Tash lied again, taking a sigh of relief when Martha just nodded and looked back at the magazine she’s been reading before she had come in.

“Anyway” Martha changed the subject, closing the magazine and getting up, “I told Emma I’d meet her at the diner, I’ll see you later”.

“Alright have fun darling”.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“What can I get you love?” Colleen asked approaching Martha and Emma who were sitting in one of the booths.

“Just two milkshakes Colleen” Martha told her.

“I still can’t believe you found someone who died on your birthday and has the same name as you, it’s just weird” Emma exclaimed, continuing with the conversation her and Martha had been having before.

“What do you mean?” Colleen interrupted.

“Oh, we had this assignment down at the summer Bay grave yard today, and I found a grave stone for someone who died the day I was born, and was called Martha” Martha explained, “You know, Uncle Jack’s Fiancé”.

“Oh ok, now that’s a coincident, just shows you how small the world is” Colleen replied, “wait… that can’t be right”.

“Why not?” Emma asked, puzzled.

“Well, you see, I was at poor Martha’s funeral, very sad day for everyone it was” Colleen thought, taking her mind back to that day, “and so was your parents, it was right before they left Summer bay, but your mother wasn’t pregnant with you till after she left here”.

“That’s weird” Martha responded, looking across at Emma strangely. “I was born on the 26th of August which was the same day written on Martha McKenzie’s grave”.

“Oh, must have been a mistake then, it was such a long time ago” Colleen reassured her, before walking back towards the kitchen.

“Sounds like everyone’s got a different story about when Uncle Jack and his fiancé died” Martha sighed.

“Yeah, Colleen’s probably got her facts mixed up though, I mean I think your mum would remember the day you were born a bit better than Colleen would”.

“Yeah your right”.

“Hey Girls” Tash smiled, coming toward the two girls, “Just letting you know that Your Aunty Beth called me into work”.

“How come?” Martha asked.

“Oh, someone who was rosted on called in sick. But if the two of you come down to the surf club later on I can get you both some dinner, alright?”

“Yeah sure Mum” Martha responded, great now both of her parents were working. Not that it was that out of the ordinary, both of them had jobs that caused them to work the most ridiculous hours. Atleast her Mum didn’t work the kind of hours her Dad did.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Later on, back at the Hunters place:

“So anyway” Emma sighed, “is it alright if I stay here tonight? Mum’s having some big dinner and inviting some of the worlds boringest people”. Emma’s Mum was an events coordinator in Yabbie Creek, and at the moment she was working on the annual County festival. Emma had already sat through one dinner with the new crowd that her Mum was working with and she was just about ready to kill herself.

“Yeah sure, Mum won’t mind” Martha told her, “You practically live here half the time anyway”. “Oh and before I forget you left your keys here the other day”.

“Yeah, I was wondering what happened to those”.

“I think Mum put then out on the dresser near the kitchen,” Martha explained, walking out of her room and down the hallway to the dresser. “Or maybe not.”

“Oh well they’ve got to be around here somewhere” Emma called out, coming towards the kitchen.

“Yeah, mum probably put then out of the way” she told her, opening one of the draws and looking through it. Picking up some papers she looked underneath, her Mum had always told her not to go through the dresser draws, but she always shoved things in here, they had to be there.

“Oh here they are” Emma reached out to grab her keys off the kitchen bench. “Martha are you alright?” she asked, looking over at Martha who was holding a piece of paper she’d found at the bottom of the draw. “Earth to Martha?”

Martha looked down the writing on the piece of paper, adoption papers? Why would her parents have these, were they adopting? Then she noticed the name of the child, it was hers.

“Martha!”

“Um, yeah what?” Martha snapped out of her thoughts, before shoving the papers back in the dresser and shutting it as quickly as she could.

Next time:

-Martha doesn't know how to react to the adoption papers, will she ask her parents, or pretend it never happened?

-Tash and Robbie receive some unexpected news.

Please review, I'll do my best to update when I've got three or more reviews.

I didn't realize you had updated! Sorry :blush:

Poor Martha, I hope she asks Tash and Robbie about it and they actually tell her the truth! I wonder how she will react?

Ha, Colleen.. makes me laughh :lol:

Hope you continue, loved it! Can't wait for more :)

• 4 weeks later...

Great so far can`t wait for the bit and think she should ask tasha and robbie about the papers she found and they should tell her the truth she is old enough and if she doesn`t find out from someone will tell her or she`ll go searching about it said on them papers

Update Soon

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived