The Next Generation

Guest dolly-999

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the next chapter, sorry it took a while.

Chapter number 3. Sort notice

Martha sighed as she hopped off the bus and ran to catch up with her best friend Emma, it was yet another boring day of Summer bay high, and she was definitely not looking forward to it, especially not today. Not only did she have a maths class, but her history teacher was taking them down to the grave yard at Stuarts point. Normally Martha was good at history, but she failed to see a point to researching grave yards, it just wasn't her thing at all.

“Hey Em, wait up” Martha called.

Emma stopped and turned around, smiling that her friend had finally made it, “Hey what took you so long?”

“Oh the bus was a bit late” she explained.

“Ok, well we better get moving, Mrs Armstrong's (Sally) going to kill us if were late again” Emma told her. Sally Armstrong was definitely not their favorite teacher, and they were definitely not Mrs Armstrong's favorite students at all.

“Yeah your right, I don't think I'm ready for another lunch time in detention after my parents found out about the last one” Martha laughed.

“Yeah, mum's going to eat me for breakfast if I land myself there again” Emma giggled.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“Morning Tash” Beth called out as Tasha entered the surf club and popped on one of the Noah's vest's ready to work, “So did Robbie get off alright this morning? I didn't really get a chance to catch up with him since he got back from his last business trip to the city”.

“Yeah he did, and he also told me to let you know that he'll be back for longer next time” Tash explained. Robbie's job took up a lot of his time, even though his job was in Yabbie Creek he spent a lot of time in the city on work conferences that seemed to pop up without a lot of notice. He didn't used to be like that, before he got his promotion his work day was simply go to work at nine and leave at five. He was still the same Robbie inside, but she just missed the way things used to be, and she knew Martha did too, she missed her daddy more than ever just the look on her face every time she found out was enough to say it all.

“Well that's good” Beth said as she came behind the bar to help Tash with the customers, “I just hope they don't call him back on short notice”.

“Yeah don't we all” Tash sighed, “Don't we all” she repeated under her breath, she was still trying to get her head around the fact that he'd literally only her five minutes notice about this one, how she was going to tell Martha about this she didn't know, but she knew she wasn't going to like it one bit. “Look I'm just going to check to see if those order's came through ok?”

“All right love, they might not be in till ten though”.

“Oh well I'll check now since we don't have very many customers” she shot out before rushing off, she needed to sort her head out.

Beth watched as her daughter-in-law walked out, she wasn't herself, so deciding to find out what was wrong she put down the tea towel in her hand and made her way from behind the bar. “Lucy you'll be alright watching the bar by yourself for a little while won't you?” she called out to Lucy, one of the other workers, who was taking a customers order at one of the tables.

Lucy nodded, before going back to the bar to get the order.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Martha and Emma walked out of first period, happy and relieved that Maths was over. “I can't believe I actually passed” Martha sighed, she'd gotten fifty six percent, which wasn't necessarily good, but considering the marks she'd gotten so far this year (all fails) fifty six percent was amazing. “I can't wait to get home and tell dad”.

Emma laughed, suddenly, “just imagine what he'd think if you told him it was all cause you were studying in detention the last three days”.

This made Martha laugh too, knowing them they'd probably go a little easy on her if they knew that, “yeah they might actually want me to start getting detentions” she joked as they came to the stairs that lead out of the building and too the front of the school where their history teacher Mr Jones was waiting outside the bus with a few other students that had arrived early.

“Don't get your hopes up” Emma answered, “Anyway what's the point of this excursion anyway?”

“I don't know” Martha shrugged, “but I just wish he wasn't making us do an assignment on it”.

Next time:

-Beth and Tash talk

-It is revealed exactly how many people actually know about Martha's secret parent switch and who they are.

-Martha comes across a grave that grabs her attention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived