Michael Beckley

Guest Eli

It's been a while since he left now (for people in Australia and UK, here he's still on) but I wonder if anyone but me thinks he is a good actor, and that the character of Rhys was good?

I think Michael is a brilliant actor, and he played Rhys Sutherland really well.

I liked Rhys actually, I think he was a good father, I just think sthey messed up the character at the end of his appearance.

By making him cheat on Beth, and all that I think they ruined the character. The Rhys from the early days was so different from the Rhys that left the Bay.

He went from being an average family father to becoming an annoying, angry and bitter man if you ask me!

Anyone thinking the same?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a great actor but never liked his charcater when he first started, I hated him even more when I found out that Rhys still loved his first wife and yeh don't ask me because I am not in the mood for this right now :angry:

I always quite liked Rhys as a character in a not liking sort of way......he was very annoying and was the sort of Dad who in many ways would drive you nuts...but you would always know that no matter what he loved his kids. He would do anything for his kids...the trouble with Rhys was that he acted first and thought later and so sometimes..well a lot of times actually :P... things did not come out right. I thought Mick Beckly did a great job portraying a guy who was not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, who was flawed, who tried hard, who more often than not got it wrong, but whose heart was for the most part in the right place.

I loved Rhys, i thought he was a great dad to Dani, Jade and Kirsty and Michael Beckley is a great actor. I know a lot of people hate him for leaving Beth but that just made me like the character even more as i just don't like Beth and always hoped he'd get back with Shelley. Also he was against Kirsty marrying Kane which made him a star in my eyes as i was sooooooooo fed up with everyone making out they were perfect for each other when really it was twisted and creepy. It only dragged on because the writers refused to give us a break from Kirsty and Kane and i was always on Rhys's side during this feud: you rape one daughter, you don't get a blessing to marry the other as you aren't exactly son-in-law material which to me was very realistic as i can't think of one father who would have welcomed a scummy little rapist into their family especially one that has raped their own daughter and is known for being the town loser.

I liked Rhys aswell. I think he was a really good father actually. He always did what he felt was the right thing for his girls. And I think he had a good impact on Beth aswell. He made her see that her kids needed discipline. Too bad he got into the picture to late and her kids were already ruined. But when he married Beth he did treat her children like it was his own, and you could see that he grew to love them aswell..

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have liked to have seen him have a few more storylines that centred around him not the many children he seemed to acquire during his time in the bay.

I also especially loved Rhys and Dani's father/daughter bond and was so glad when he dumped old whingebag Beth to get back with Shelley, the true Mrs Sutherland. :)

Archived