Switching Sides

Guest Becstar

Somehow i don't think the magazine's done it's research properly.

Not a rare occurance with Inside Soap....

Inside Soap rarely gets it's stuff wrong, its a pretty reliable source.

It's only as reliable as the other sites and papers that they get their news from, they don't very often try to follow it up themselves....for example I could put up a fake story on BTTB about Nicolle Dickson returning for a 6 week stint and they'd publish it....

Last week they said they had asked Dan Bennett what the deal was with Zoe and Tracey.....but all they did was copy the bit from the Q&A section on the Official Site...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Yes but from what TV Week is hinting she isn't just doing the one show, they are talking about her joining McLeods Daughters and some other posibilities. I think they will offer her a fair bit to hang around, and personally i think she will...

We don't get that magazine over here, so I wouldn't know. To be honest I don't really care either way, but it is interesting to see how much speculation she can stir up in the blink of an eye. Especially considering she's virtually unknown outside Oz!

• 2 weeks later...

Host of mistakes

The Australian

16 November 2006

ON Sunday night Nine broadcast ABBAmania, which it described as "an evening of unforgettable performances and a nostalgic look at the time when ABBA held the world in the palm of their hand for almost a decade".

As scary as it was to watch weather girls and television hosts murder pop songs, the shock of the evening was Bec Hewitt trying to be a TV presenter.

Bec was acceptable on Seven soapie Home and Away and a pretty talented dancer on Seven's Dancing with the Stars, but as a host she is woeful.

She looks pained and she screeches.

Seasoned presenter Jamie Durie, on the other hand, has proved himself to be a competent host during the past six years.

But this week he and his show Backyard Blitz were dumped by Nine because lifestyle is an "exhausted genre".

Archived