Cassie Turner

Guest -Tess-

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt like Cass at the start but she's become a great character to me. She's been through a lot in her life and she's made it out strong and helpingh others. I think she's a great friend to Mattie, whos my favourite character!

I agree on everything you said on Cassie, i didn't like her at first but now i luv her! I just wish Macca would come back and they could get married and make cute children :wub:

They do live in Summer Bay so that will never happen :P

Yeah, I couldn't make up my mind about her at first but I really like her now and hope she stays in the show for a long time. And Sharni is such a great actress, she can reduce me to tears when she's upset as she portrays it so well!

• 5 weeks later...

I love Cassie and Sharni! I have since her character started. Sharni's acting is incredible - as others have said, she is one of the best young cast members. I hope that she stays on for a long time with the show, because she is one of its highlights.

The way her character has been written has also seemed very believable. At first I thought the Macca storyline was unrealistic because she always seemed so fiesty and sure of herself - but thinking about it, after the upbringing that she had, it makes sense. I'm glad Home and Away chose to cover an abuse storyline and that it wasn't just resolved overnight - because in reality they aren't! There is lots of to and froing - and that is something I appreciated seeing.

Basically I love Cassie/Sharni!!!

• 8 months later...

I think it's high time for some Sharni appreciation!

I will admit that 80% of the time i really react against Cassie; she's waaaay too headstrong, stubborn, constantly falling for complete jerks, flirting, and wearing bikinis whenever she feels like it, etc.

But when I think about it, she's one of the most strongly written characters on the show, and has had at least two of the strongest storylines in recent Home and Away history, domestic abuse and HIV.

And Sharni's acting through these stroylines is just amazing. She's what's made it work. And full credit to her.

Archived