Cheaper By The Death Count

Guest Tasha-Kit fan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Two

At Noah’s bar things were pretty quiet, Martha was bored just walking around collecting glasses that had been used by customers from the night before. Nighttime was the best time for the bar to be busy but the rest of the time she found herself bored… Tony suddenly entered the surf club catching Martha’s attention.

“Tony.” Martha called out.

“Oh hey Martha.” Said Tony with a beam on his face.

“Can I have a word.” Said Martha.

“Yeah sure, what about.” Said Tony in a casual manner

“Jack.” Was Martha’s reply.

“What’s the son of mine done now, not pulling his weight around the house I suppose.” Said Tony with a laugh.

“I think it’s more serious than that.” Said Martha as Tony’s face turned from a smiley expression to a more serious one.

“Tell me what’s the matter.” Said Tony.

“Your going to think this is totally ridiculous, but Jack is having nightmares.” Said Martha. Tony stared at her for a short moment then burst out into a fit of laughter.

“Some nightmares aren’t gonna knock my boy down.” Laughed Tony.

“Its not your average eaten by sharks, chased by Freddy Krueger nightmares. I don’t think he’s over what happened at the wedding, he keeps dreaming of fire.” Said Martha.

“Well have you tried getting him to go and see someone.” Said Tony.

“Yeah I suggested him seeing Rachel, but he just refused and pretended like nothing was the matter.” Said Martha.

“Stubborn till the end my boy.” Sighed Tony.

“You said it.” Said Martha.

“Well if he wont doing anything about it, then ill talk to Rachel myself. Don’t worry Martha, Jack’s gonna be ok.” Said Tony with a smile. Martha smiled back weakly when a blonde woman entering the bar suddenly captivated her attention…

“Is everything alright.” Asked Tony.

“Oh yeah everything is fine.” Said Martha snapping back to reality.

Kim slowly made his way through the caravan park, he then pulled out the letter he had received earlier at breakfast then entered the house.#

“Anyone home.” Kim called out.

“Kim what a pleasant surprise.” Said Morag appearing from the kitchen.

“Hi Morag.” Said Kim.

“What brings you here, business or pleasure.” Said Morag.

“Pleasure.” Asked Kim in a mortified tone.

“Oh please don’t insult me Kim, despite what you and other townsfolk may think. I am capable of having a good time… Now lets cut to the chase.” Said Morag.

“Right…” said Kim in a hesitant tone.

“Well as much as your silence captivates me, im sure that you haven’t come here to play statues… what can I help you with.” Said Morag.

“This.” Said Kim pushing the letter into Morag’s hands.

To Kim

Your probably wondering who this is who would possibly want to write you a letter beach boy.

Anyway insults aside, there is a reason im writing to you. Your dear friend Tasha Andrews you hold a link to her, though dont presume just yet what that link may be. I suggest you do some research concerning the Russell family.

Anonymous

“Hmmm very interesting, judging by the post marks its been sent from the City.” Said Morag handing the letter back.

“Which means.” Asked Kim.

“Which means that this particular person isn’t that far away and if you should wish to track he or she down, then heading in their direction may be the best bet.” Answered Morag.

“What about this link to Tasha.” Said Kim.

“Finding the person who sent this letter could solve the link, your only other alternative is to do what the letter says and research the Russell family.” Said Morag.

“What about asking Tasha.” Said Kim.

“Oh Kim don’t talk nonsense, Tasha didn’t even have a clue that she was related to the Russell’s until recent years. Whoever sent this letter is suggesting something completely different altogether… It doesn’t necessarily have to have anything to do with Tasha, the writer is just pointing out this fact to make you desperate to discover what this so called link is.” Said Morag.

“What if I do research the Russell’s then it all turns out to be a waste of time…” asked Kim.

“Well only you can find that out.” Said Morag.

“Ok… thanks Morag, see you again.” Said Kim, he then turned and left the house.

“Goodbye Kim.” He heard Morag shout behind him.

At the beach house, Irene and Belle had made themselves scarce whilst Tasha and Robbie discussed Stafford’s offer.

“You know it might not even be genuine.” Said Robbie.

“What are you talking about.” Said Tasha in a slightly annoyed tone.

“This whole magazine thing might just be a cover organized by Ian Osborne so he can get close to you.” Said Robbie.

“Well that’s stupid, why doesn’t he just approach me.” Said Tasha.

“Because that’s not how men like Ian Osborne work, they don’t don simple things they create fool proof schemes.” Said Robbie.

“You make him sound like someone of James Bond.” Scoffed Tasha.

“Well I don’t believe that Stafford’s offer is genuine.” Said Robbie.

“What’s the real reason behind this Robbie.” Said Tasha.

“What are you talking about.” Asked Robbie.

“You think Stafford was responsible for breaking up Scott and Dani don’t you, you think that he’s gonna do the same to us.” Said Tasha smiling lightly.

“Don’t talk stupid.” Said Robbie trying but definitely failing to hide his fears.

“Well you don’t have to worry, im yours and yours only… Stafford can’t change that.” Said Tasha kissing Robbie gently on his cheek.

“So your gonna turn his offer down.” Said Robbie hopefully.

“No, if his offer is fake then we’ll have to wait and see.” Said Tasha, she then stood up and walked away leaving Robbie speechless.

Meanwhile Rachel was now at work, she was making her way around the hospital doing her rounds when she noticed the nurses huddled together whispering. She moved closer and heard that they were whispering about her…

“That woman has such a big ego, it’s sickening. She thinks she’s a superstar.” Said one nurse.

“Oh look at me im Doctor Rachel, life saving superstar.” Said another.

“The sad thing is that she used to be ok then suddenly she changed.” Said a third nurse.

“Who the hell do you three think you are gossiping about me, aside from being rude its also very unprofessional.” Said Rachel storming up to them angrily.

“Rachel… we didn’t see you there.” Said the first nurse in a nervous tone.

“That’s obvious Gloria.” Said Rachel in disgust.

“We didn’t mean anything by it.” Said the other nurse.

“Oh put a sock in it, I expected more of you Jane.” Said Rachel… All of a sudden the main doors to the hospital burst open and an ambulance crew wheeled in someone on a trolley, Rachel and the nurses quickly forgot their argument and swung into action…

“What happened.” Said Rachel.

“A car crash just outside Summer Bay on the road to Yabbie Creek.” Said the paramedic.

“Do you know who she is John.” Said Nurse Gloria to the paramedic…

“Not at the moment.” Said the paramedic.

“I do.” Said Rachel checking the person… It was Irene.

Elsewhere at the Diner, Dan and Drew were still hanging around when Belle suddenly arrived. Dan noticed them share a glance before Belle turned around to face Colleen.

“What can I get you.” Asked Colleen.

“Apart from a side order of gossip, I’ll have a ham burger please.” Said Belle.

“The cheek of it.” Said Colleen angrily before going into the kitchen, all of a sudden Amanda arrived. Belle noticed her almost straightaway and stared at her with an uncomfortable look in her eyes, she was about to pluck up the courage to speak to Amanda but decided against it and quickly rushed out of the Diner just as Colleen appeared with a hamburger…

“Where’s she going, ive just brought her burger.” Said Colleen.

“Is Alf around by any chance.” Said Amanda ignoring Colleen’s question.

“No he’s not… why what do you want with him.” Said Colleen eyeing Amanda suspiciously.

“Oh I just need to see him, ive got a personal query about his business.” Said Amanda with a wicked smile on her face.

“What query.” Said Colleen.

“Oh that’s private, tell him I called will you.” Said Amanda, Dan spotted Amanda and waved but she ignored him and strutted out of the Diner like a catwalk model…

Back at the beach house, Robbie had left for work and Tasha was now alone with baby Ella…

“Aren’t you a gorgeous girl… you are, oh yes you are.” Tasha cooed. The phone then started ringing catching her by surprise and causing her to jump a little bit, Tasha gave Ella a little kiss on the forehead before walking over to the phone.

“Hello.” Said Tasha.

“Tasha its Rachel.”

“Rachel Hi, what’s the matter.” Asked Tasha.

“Its Irene, she’s been involved in a crash. She’s been brought into the hospital, we need to come right away.”

“Ok im on my way.” Said Tasha in a worried tone, she quickly placed the phone down then paced over to Ella picked her up and rushed out of the house quickly with little regard for thief’s… Racing along the beachside with Ella in tow, Tasha came across Cassie and Matilda.

“I need you to take Ella to your mum for me.” Said Tasha frantically.

“Why what’s the matter.” Said Matilda taking Ella into her arms as Cassie watched Tasha with concern.

“Its Irene, she’s been in an accident. I need to get to the hospital.” Said Tasha racing away in the direction of the bus stop, but once again she ran in to someone. This time it was Belle.

“Thank god ive found you, we need to get to the hospital.” Said Tasha panting.

“Why what’s happened.” Said Belle.

“Irene.” Said Tasha.

“Oh no.” said Belle in a worried tone, all of a sudden Kim returning from his chat with Morag appeared in his car. Belle quickly raced out to flag him down, causing him to come to a stop…

“You’ve got to get us to the hospital.” Said Belle as Tasha rushed over to the car.

“Why.” Said Kim.

“We’ll explain on the way.” Said Belle, she and Tasha both opened the car doors and clambered inside. Seconds later Kim turned his car around and they were heading towards Yabbie Creek.

Down by his boat, Alf was sat minding his own business with his fishing rod. When Amanda suddenly arrived, before she approached him she raised her skirt revealing her thigh and lowered her shirt revealing some cleavage. She then applied a bit of lipstick before making her way towards Alf.

“Mr Stewart Hi.” Said Amanda suddenly. Alf’s eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw and suddenly crossed his legs, much to Amanda’s amusement.

“How are you doing today… Handsome.” Said Amanda kneeling down next to Alf.

At Jack’s place he was all alone, asleep on his couch he had a huge grin on his face. In his dream all the Summer Bay residents were there, all the ones who were invited at least… The people all disappeared except Martha who was now wearing a saucy pink night dress, she and Jack were together in what appeared to be a hotel suite, their dream honeymoon. Martha smiled seductively at Jack when all of a sudden her face turned to terror and the room burst into flames all around them… Jack then spun around to face a curly haired blonde woman dressed in black with a cruel grin on her face.

“No.” said Jack in terror, he then shot back to reality trembling and covered in sweat…

“Zoe.” He muttered to himself

Archived