Cheaper By The Death Count

Guest Tasha-Kit fan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter One

Jack tossed and turned aggressively as he slept, dreaming terrible dreams of unknown horrors. The one thing that he experienced the most was an overwhelming sense of fire around him... He then felt a nudge on his shoulder and shot up waking at the same time.

"What's the matter." said Martha sitting in bed next to him looking worried.

"Its nothing." said Jack.

"Well its obviously something, you were having nightmares again werent you." said Martha.

"No its nothing honestly..." Jack started.

"What was it, was it the fire again." said Martha cutting him off.

"Everythings fine honestly." Jack said in an unconvincing assuring tone.

"If its bothering you then maybe you should talk to Rachel." suggested Martha.

"No its fine, i dont need to bother Rachel with my childish nightmares." said Jack getting slightly embarassed.

"She can help you." insisted Martha.

"I said no." said Jack firmly.

"It may be what happened at the wedding Jack, you may not be over it yet." said Martha.

"I said no, now will you stop bothering me and go back to sleep... Please." said Jack getting worked up.

"No wonder we're having problems." Martha muttered under her breath.

"What was that." said Jack.

"Nothing." said Martha lying down and going back to sleep, Jack stared at her for a short moment then did the same...

The next day, Rachel was bragging away whilst Kim sat at the breakfast table eating some cereal...

"That bus crash was pretty bad, if i hadnt have been there. That young boy would have died and the rest of the passengers would have worser injuries if i hadnt helped them." said Rachel in a gloating tone.

"Well done, im proud of you." said Kim smiling for a brief moment then returning to eat his cereal.

"You know im probably going to get an award for all my good work recently." said Rachel with a smile.

"I bet you are." said Kim not showing anymore interest.

"One of the women on the bus seemed to be a bit overweight... I wonder if she's pregant, i wonder is she's gonna name the baby after me." said Rachel feeling a rush of excitment wash over her.

"Why." asked Kim.

"Because its the least i deserve after hauling her out of the bus wreck single handedly, it was hard work with her weight." said Rachel.

"You cant say stuff like that." said Kim in a shocked tone.

"Why not, hey maybe after the baby is born she'll start some sessions with you at the Gym." said Rachel. The post suddenly arrived so Kim made his way to the door whilst Rachel carried on bragging away. One of the letters seemed to be hand written judging by the envelope and it was addressed to him... He quickly threw the over envelopes aside and tore open his letter...

To Kim

Your probably wondering who this is who would possibly want to write you a letter beach boy.

Anyway insults aside, there is a reason im writing to you. Your dear friend Tasha Andrews you hold a link to her, though dont presume just yet what that link may be. I suggest you do some research concerning the Russell family.

Anonymous

After reading it through Kim was left with a shocked expression on his face.

"What could it mean." Kim thought to himself...

"Right im off to work, you know plenty more lives to save." said Rachel.

"What." said Kim.

"Im going to work, you know... To... Make... Money...." said Rachel.

"Oh yeah right See you later." said Kim.

"Is everything alright." asked Rachel.

"Yeah why wouldnt it be." said Kim.

"No reason." said Rachel, Kim then went back to reading his letter whilst Rachel stared at him with a confused expression...

Meanwhile at the beach house, Tasha, Robbie, Belle and Irene were all sat around the breakfast table as Robbie chatted away about a celebrity he was supposed to be interviewing on his hot new show Radio Robbie

"Go on then, tell us who the guest is." said Tasha who was feeding baby Ella...

"Its a secret." said Robbie with a satisfied grin on his face.

"If it was a secret then you wouldnt bloody tell us all that you had a special guest in the first place." said Belle.

"She's right, you have to tell us now Robbie." said Irene sipping her tea.

"You'll have to wait and see, or wait and hear." said Robbie.

"Oh haha." said Belle in a sarcastic manner, causing Robbie's smile to fade. All of a sudden the phone started ringing.

"Oh i'll get it, Josie said she was going to call." said Tasha placing down Ella's food and walking over to the phone...

"Hello is Natasha Hunter available."

"Oh this is Natasha Hunter." said Tasha.

"Hello Natasha, this is Stafford McRae. Im a worker for your father Ian Osborne."

"What's the matter, is he ok." asked Tasha as Robbie, Irene and Belle all turned to look at her.

"Your father is fine, i am calling you for a different reason."

"Oh i see, whats that then." said Tasha.

"I have recently started up a new magazine and because of your stunning looks, i want to hire you as one of my models."

"Are you being serious." said Tasha getting excited.

"Completely."

"Oh my gosh i'd love too." said Tasha getting all giggly.

"Well i dont expect you to make a decision right away, talk it through with your family first. I'll call back this evening for your decision... Goobye Natasha."

"Goodbye." said Tasha hanging up the phone.

"What was all that about." said Robbie.

"You remember Stafford McRae." asked Tasha.

"No." said Belle sharply.

"He was before your time Dahl." said Irene.

"I remember him, he was the one responsible for Scott and Dani breaking up..." said Robbie.

"Yeah... anyway, he's started up a new magazine and he wants me to be one of his models." said Tasha, as Belle and Irene both squealed and jumped up to hug her.

"Wow that's amazing, congrats Tash." said Belle.

"Too right Dahl." said Irene hugging Tasha, whilst Robbie looked on with an unhappy expression on his face

At the Diner, Leah was rushing around trying to get all the food to the customers. Irene was still at home and Colleen had chosen to take the day off, if Leah was still the boss she would have told Colleen to get her backside into work...

"Excuse me but this food is not to my standard." said a young woman suddenly.

"Why what's wrong with it." said Leah looking flustered.

"It tastes of vinegar on my fries i asked for salt." said the woman.

"Oh give me a break." said Leah sighed.

"Excuse me." said the young woman.

"Oh for goodness sakes eat the bloody fries, this isnt a five star restaurant... No you can forget the food, GET OUT." said Leah angrily pulling away the food just as Dan arrived with Drew.

"Hey is everything alright." said Dan as Drew went off to find a table.

"No its not alright." said Leah getting stressed.

"What's the matter honestly." said Dan with a concerned expression on his face.

"Its V.J.” sighed Leah.

“What’s the matter with the little guy.” Said Dan.

“He’s growing constantly, he needs new clothes and shoes all the time. I have to keep going to my parents for money because I cant afford to buy him stuff myself… Oh if someone would come along and donate aload of money then I can buy everything I need.” Said Leah.

“Well how about I give you some money.” Suggested Dan.

“What are you crazy, as if I’d take money off people… Geesh Dan what do you take me for.” Said Leah looking at him with an annoyed expression on her face before rushing away to the kitchen…

“Women.” Said Dan to himself…

In Yabbie Creek, Amanda’s car pulled up outside the bank. She stepped out and paced quickly over to the ATM machine… She pulled out her credit card and inserted it into the machine, after waiting a few seconds the screen said that nil funds were available…

“That’s all I need.” Said Amanda angrily, she then pulled her card out of the machine and rushed into the bank. Inside there was a big crowd, Amanda pushed straight through them cutting through the line to the main desk…

“Excuse me.” Said Amanda to the desk clerk.

“Can I help you.” Said an aging woman behind the desk.

“Yes I cant withdraw any money from my account.” Said Amanda.

“What would you like to do then…” said the elderly woman.

“I beg your pardon…” said Amanda.

“What would you like to do, would you like to pay any money into your account.” Said the woman.

“No… I would like to know why I cant withdraw any cash in the first place.” Said Amanda angrily.

“Oh right, sorry im new to the job.” Said the woman typing something on her computer.

“Really, you would never have guessed.” Said Amanda rolling her eyes.

“Card please.” Said the woman.

“Oh right of course.” Said Amanda handing her card over. The woman typed for a few minutes then stopped and looked at Amanda.

“I see what the problem is, you have insufficient funds. No payments have been made at all into your account and you already have an overdraft.” Said the woman cheerily.

“Oh… right… bye.” Said Amanda very embarassed after her financial situation had just been revealed in front of the entire bank. A few people behind her giggled as the woman passed Amanda her card back.

“Thank you, come again.” Said the woman as Amanda rushed away…

Back in Summer Bay, at the high school. Sally was sat in an empty classroom marking some work when the door opened and a girl rushed in crying…

“Oh sorry, I didn’t realise someone was in here.” Said the girl wiping her tears away in a hasty manner.

“Oh no its fine don’t worry about it.” Said Sally.

“Sorry to disturb you.” Said the girl turning round and walking towards the door.

“Hey if there’s a problem I can help you know.” Said Sally in a sympathetic tone.

“Its difficult.” Said the girl.

“How difficult.” Asked Sally.

“Bizarrely difficult.” Answered the girl.

“Well try me.” Said Sally.

“Its my friend.” Said the girl.

“Is this a guy friend by any chance.” Asked Sally.

“Yeah… but its not like that at all.” Said the girl.

“Then what’s it like.” Said Sally marking her work at the same time.

“We’ve been really close the whole time we’ve been at school since we started infact, we’re like the bestest friends in the world… But now I don’t know, its like something’s just clicked, I don’t know I think im in love with him Ms Fletcher.” Explained the girl…

“Well that’s some situation.” Said Sally seeming a little uncomfortable.

“What should I do.” Said the girl.

“The only advice I can give you is to do what you think is right, now if you’ll please excuse me. Ive gotta dash.” Said Sally rushing out of the room, she stopped just near the school entrance. Sliding down against the wall she held her breath.

“Why does life have to be so difficult.” Sally thought to herself.

After the embarrassment at the bank, Amanda had returned home. Pacing around her kitchen she pondered what she would do without any money, suddenly her face light up as a plan formulated in her mind…

“Hmmm I wonder how Alf Stewart is doing.” Amanda thought with a devious grin on her face…

This is great! It's so funny as well... i loved the ending

After the embarrassment at the bank, Amanda had returned home. Pacing around her kitchen she pondered what she would do without any money, suddenly her face light up as a plan formulated in her mind…

“Hmmm I wonder how Alf Stewart is doing.” Amanda thought with a devious grin on her face

Can't wait for more!

This is great! It's so funny as well... i loved the ending

“Hmmm I wonder how Alf Stewart is doing.” Amanda thought with a devious grin on her face

Can't wait for more!

Thanks i really appreciate it :) its great getting good comments... Im glad you like it. I should hopefully have the new chapter up by tomorrow, im just planning it at the moment :)

Archived