Kate Garven

Guest Eli

I recorded a few episodes from the late 90s (mainly because I loved Justine and Sam), early 2000-2001, and a decent amount of 2002-2003 on VHS.

I didn't make it clear enough the first time.Jade Sutherland was my favorite character of all time, not just my favorite Sutherland. Seb was a very close second though. While Kate didn't recieve the storylines she deserved, she performed wonderfully as Jade. I think if she was given more storylines and a more proper ending, I think Jade could have been one of the more popular past characters.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your soo lucky i really do wish i had recorded stuff then i could put it on dvd and on my com but no! *sigh* i'm itching to see the talent show thing where Dani sings that was a good episode! lol

Has Kate done anything since Home and Away? Is her and her husband still living in the UK?

That's what I want to know, what has Kate been up to this past years?

Anyway, I love Kate/Jade, I even have an autograph from her (Kate I mean, not Jade).

Also does anyone have a good Jade quote I could use in my sig? I wanted a Peter quote too so I can add both of them in my sig

• 2 months later...

I agree, now the characters are a bit more...mature, with the exception of the obvious few. It's a good thing in some cases, but I don't like how they write Sally as if she's an old woman. She's in her 20s, she should be a bit more active. I liked how most of the characters were portrayed during the Sutherland era.

I liked the fact that Jade didn't have to be portrayed like every other teenager on the show, with attitude and rebellious (it suited Dani more). She was just nice and good.

Sally's always been written like she's older than Colleen. Even now she's a mother to 2 teenagers at the age of 25 (?). Whereas Jade was good but you could see her imaturity, Sally's always been too good to be true which makes her seem far too old.

Archived