Icon Inspirations #1

Guest aejdude

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, i've got the stories. :) One story wasn't named so i will be referring to the stories as story 1, 2, 3...etc.

Remember you're not voting for what one you like the best, they are just here for the icon makers to read.

Story 1 - they were influenced by icon2.png - -Emily-'s icon

*belle*'s story

He lay there, pale and motionless, a small trail of blood leaking from his head. She leaned down over him, her face nearly touching his, and gently lay a hand across his chest. Nothing. Panic shot through her body but she forced herself to remain calm and continue checking for any sign of life. Two of her fingers immediately darted towards his neck, pressing into the side. There was nothing. No beating, no movement, just cold, white skin. She slowly pulled away from the body, leaving two small nail imprints, and positioned herself next to him. Inside she was a mess, still in a state of total shock and racked with guilt. But she had to think fast. She had two beautiful children out there, neither of which could afford to lose her. Being put behind bars would hurt them a lot more than it would her and they were her number one priority. She shook herself down, took a deep breath, and waited for a minute as her brain clicked into action. First of all she had to get rid of the body. Somewhere nobody would find it, not even her cocky brother in-law Peter. It took a while to gather her thoughts but eventually she decided that dumping the body out in the bush would be a good idea. She wrapped him up in an old blanket and carefully loaded the heavy bundle into the boot of her car, looking to make sure that she wasn't being watched. Then she put her foot on the pedal, looked straight ahead and drove. The half an hour that it took her to get into the bush, dump the body and then drive back home must have been the longest 30 minutes that she had ever felt. And all the time she was out there, she had one thought ticking through her mind. "I am a murderer. I, Amanda Vale, just killed someone in cold blood".

The years that followed that horrific evening were hard. Not a day went by when Amanda didn't think about what could have been, how things could have turned out. And not a night went by when she didn't wake up with tears streaming down her face and her heart thundering inside her chest. But she struggled through, taking each day as it came, and eventually the memories started to fade. The details somehow became lost inside her and her thoughts finally stopped revolving around that night. She knew that nothing would ever change what had happened and that the pain would never be completely gone, but the world was moving on and she wanted to move with it. That was why the letter came as such a shock. After her trip to the bush, all those years ago, she had felt sure that nobody had been around. If there had been so much as a shadow of a doubt then in her mind then she would have made damn sure that Summer Bay never saw her again. So when the letter appeared in the mailbox one day, stamped and sealed in a crisp, white envelope, Amanda had no idea that she was about to open the one thing that was guaranteed to mess things up once and for all. She slipped her fingernail underneath the seal of the envelope and the pulled it up, revealing a single sheet of black paper. It read, "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID 7/5/06". She dropped the paper to the floor and stumbled backwards, breathing sharp, jagged breaths. The date burned at her mind like a flame to a wooden scar, and she felt like all of a sudden her world was falling down around her. She had spent the last 5 years of her life watching the young man's family going through hell, absolute hell, because of her and that had torn her apart beyond repair. And then just as she was getting back on her feet, getting the colour back into her cheeks so to speak, this happens. Was it a sick hoax? Impossible, the date was perfect, to perfect to be coincidence. Her head was spinning and she felt so very faint, her feet felt like they were about to give way at any second. She reached out, hoping to grab something to stop herself from falling, but instead fell into the arms of another person. She opened her eyes but saw nothing except a tall, dark figure above her and then… darkness.

Amanda awoke to the sound of dripping, somewhere in the near distance. Her head was thumping and as she ran over her forehead with her fingertips she could feel a huge bump where the metal pipe had hit. Her legs where bound together tightly and she was lying in the corner of an old, disused warehouse, the walls damp and the floor dirty. It took a couple of minutes for her to come to properly, but even then she was still groggy and unwell. She took a deep breath and then managed to find a sudden bout of energy inside her, forcing her to scream as loud as her lungs would allow. Nothing happened. She shrieked again but this time all her energy had gone and she collapsed into a pile against the wall, coughing and spluttering with every breath. She closed her eyes, willing the nightmare to stop, and rocked herself gently back and forth. It was the only comfort that she had in her terrifying surroundings. She stayed like that, curled up and rocking herself, for a matter of hours. Her eyes remained clamped shut and she tried her best to block out all sounds from the outside, quite unsuccessfully. It was only when she heard the heavy metal door creak open that she snapped out of her trance and slowly opened her eyes, afraid of what she might see. Standing over her with a fierce smirk on his face, was Lucas Holden. In one hand he held a large metal pipe, the one which he had used to knock out his victim, and in the other he held a small passport picture. Amanda couldn't quite make out who was in it but she had a fairly good idea. Lucas was pacing the floor next to her, the pipe knocking against his thigh as he walked, muttering to himself. Then all of a sudden, without any warning, he started to yell.

"You killed him, you killed him and then hid his body so that we didn't even get the chance to say good bye" He shouted in her face, his warm breath blowing a stand of hair across her eye.

"You killed my dad and didn't even have the guts to tell anybody what you did" Tears glistened in his eyes and he turned his head, quietly begging himself to stay strong.

"Please, Lucas, just give me a chance to explain" Amanda pleaded, keeping a careful eye on the long metal pipe that was now swinging precariously near to her face.

"No, you don't deserve a chance to do anything" And with that he lunged forward, desperately trying to batter her across the head with the pipe again. Amanda threw her hands across her face just in time and her wrist was struck by the weapon, leaving a sore red mark but nothing more.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry. Watching you and family hurting over the last few years has been like hell for me, I promise you. I know that you hate me now, and you probably always will, but you need to now how sorry I am and why I did what I did. Please?

Lucas couldn't keep the tears in anymore. They plummeted from his eyes and dripped from his chin, making tiny puddles on the stone floor. He said nothing, just gripped the pipe tight.

"He came over to my house, shouting the odds about me being selfish and arrogant, the usual really. I didn't bother with it, just told him to get out of my house. But he was having none of it. That night I found out what a strong willed guy your dad could be. He told me what a bad mother I was and that my children deserved better than me, that any woman who could make her daughter as unhappy as I had made Belle didn't deserve any kids at all. I got angry Luc, surely you can understand that? And then he went over the top. He looked at me, laughed in my face and told me that Belle hated me. That I had made her life hell and she hated me for it. I was fuming, so, so angry. So I just snapped. I didn't mean to kill him I swear I didn't. But I picked up the nearest thing to me, which was the vase, and hit him with it. I didn't even think it was that hard, just a knock, but he fell and…"

Both Amanda and Lucas fell to the floor, crying hysterically. To Lucas, that was the most painful thing that he had ever heard, it cut deeper than anything else in the world. The day that he found Amanda's diary out on the docks was the worst day of his life. The pain that he had felt was unlike anything else known to man and when he finally got to the end his feelings were uncontrollable. He had known that he was going to make Amanda pay, he was even looking forward to it in a strange sort of way, but when it was actually happening he didn't have it in him. He didn't have the guts to hurt her, that would make him just as bad as her anyway. He opened his mouth to speak and his voice came out thick and croaky.

"I'll never forgive you for killing my dad. But right now all I ask is that you turn yourself in, face up to what you've done. He didn't tell her, he begged her.

"But my kids, they need me Lucas"

"I needed my dad, but you took him away from me. Turn yourself in, or I will"

He tugged at the ropes around Amanda's legs and they fell off round her ankles, freeing her from captivity. But she didn't move. She simply reached inside her pocket and fumbled around for a bit before bringing out a mobile phone. She pressed 3 numbers on the keypad and then put it to her ear.

"I'd like to report a murder, I'll be at the docks in an hour to give you all the details and…" She glanced over at the messed up little boy beside her "to hand myself in. I am the murderer." Then she put the phone down and pulled herself to her feet

"Tony Holden, rest in peace."

Story 2 - inspired by icon3.png - Spidy's icon

sevenpudding's story

I watch, but know I cannot touch. His hands reach out… to her. Not me. Never me. My stomach twists, as I pull myself together tighter, and ignore they way they are. Another hand pulls towards mine, and I almost flinch at the touch. Almost.

“Babe.” The words come. “Babe, what’s wrong?”

My head whips around, and I glare at him. Not them.

“Nothing.” I mutter, pulling away from him. “I just, need to get out.”

“I’ll come with you.” He says, worriedly, but I shake off his concern, and answer with a blunt ‘No.’

Crawling from the lounge, I attempt to make a hasty exit. But she sees me. She always sees me.

“Leaving so soon?” She remarks, the evil grin playing on her lips as his arms wrap around her body, pulling her too him.

“Yeah.” I reply, shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly, as if I don’t give a damn what she thinks. Don’t give a damn about what he thinks. “I’ve had enough.” I continue, glaring at the both of them before storming out of the house, ignoring him as he calls my name aloud in vain.

Stumbling through the overgrown bushland, I search for an escape from this nightmare I’ve been drawn in to. Where he is with her, and I’m with him. When the world doesn’t feel right, because he can’t see it any more.

Brush away the tears the slide down my porcelain cheeks, I don’t want to cry, I don’t want to give them the satisfaction. But I can’t help it. It hurts, everywhere. It’s always hurting, and it won’t ever stop. Running from the demons that haunt my presence, my breath become laboured, by chest tight, my body shaking, until I collapsed on the ground, a lifeless soul, shattered by the world.

I try to catch by breath, but the tears, they make it hard to breathe. My chest pulls tighter as I scream in pain, in agony. A broken girl.

I’d made my choice. Once upon a nightmare, I made a decision that put me here. But that didn’t mean it hurt any less. Watching them together, my heart was forever being ripped from me, taken to a place long ago, when there was just us. Happy, content.

Perfect.

But now, I couldn’t look at them without wanting to be sick. I couldn’t look at myself, without wanting to claw away at the façade that was me pretending to be happy. I couldn’t live my life, knowing that I’d let him go, when all I ever really wanted, or needed, was him.

The pain was overwhelming me, unbearable, an numb, dull, aching throbbing that began in my soul, and wound its way around my heart, sucking the life from me. The tears continued to fall, as I closed my eyes, and sucked in all the air I could.

Because I was going to have to learn to breath, as I pretended to live the life I’d chosen. Because I’d chosen him. I’d chosen Ric, and watched as Luke was stolen from my life. From my heart.

Story 3 - inspired by icon1.png - Guevara01's icon

jack/martha's story

Tasha Andrews was sitting on a park bench day dreaming. It was her 31st birthday and she was starting to feel her age. Everybody around here seemed to be gettting married or falling in love or having a baby. And all she seemed to be doing was standing still.

She had been standing still ever since she swallowed The Believers lies. Ever since Robbie had refused to take her back. Ever since she moved in with Josie. That was over ten years ago yet she could still remember every bit of it vividly. She could remember the seven words Robbie had said to her "It's just not going to work Tash"

While she sat reminiscing the tears silently fell. She looked up to find a little girl playing on the swings. The girl's smile was so vibrant it made her smile. She thought back to her own pregnancy and the day it all ended. She had just been shopping with Josie and they had bought some adorable clothes for her unborn baby. She bought neutral colours as she didn't know the baby's sex; she wanted to wait until she was in the delivery room and the doctor told her she had a son or a daughter. They were walking towards yet another shop when Tasha felt a sudden movement in her stomach. She quickly moved her hand to her stomach and smiled. She told Josie she had felt the baby kick. Josie placed her hand on Tasha's stomach. Seconds later Tasha felt it again only this time it was more intense. Josie saw the worried look on Tasha's face. She smiled comfortingly and told her that the baby was probably just stretching or something. It was the "or something" part that worried her. She sat down on an available seat and took a deep breath. As she was breathing out she felt it again and let out a small cry. People around her were staring and Josie was trying to get her into the car.

That was when she passed out from the pain. She awoke hours later to find she was in a hospital bed with Josie sleeping on the chair beside her. She tried to move but as soon as she did she regretted it. Her stomach was causing her the most pain. She removed her blankets and looked down. There was a big line of stitches going from left to right. She gasped. Josie woke up from her nap and looked at the young girl before her. She had tears in her eyes as she realised that her baby was gone. Josie told her in great detail about her miscarriage. About how the baby was removed from her stomach. About how she would be "fine" once she recovered. She didn't believe she would be fine at all. But slowly the details faded. And all that was left were the memories. Now years later she still hadn't moved on.There wasn't a day that went by without her wondering what her life would be like if she'd never met Jonah. But she tried not to dwell on the past too much. She had learned to take it one day at a time.

Archived