All That You Can't Leave Behind

Guest Adia

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no, why is Martha upset at Jack? This is really great Adia, and I want you to update as soon as you can, I really look forward to your updates, and I always check this fic, you're a great writer. Martha better sort her problem out because we all want some Jack and Martha fluff, please update soon.

Em

Thanks for your comments Jackieleanne and JackandMartha4eva!! They are so nice and i really appreciate them because i love reading your fics as well!! And i'm glad you guys are placing feedback as well... i'm not sure if people like it/dislike it etc. So thank you so much!

Here's the next chapter. It's not very good though...

ChapterEleven:

Rocco walked down the crowded hallway to his locker. As he walked, he noticed that just about everyone was staring at him. He slowly flicked open his locker and fumbled around in there, trying to ignore the other students stares and whispers.

As he shut his locker and tried to walk away, Drew stepped in front him. “Hey Rocco, how’s your day going?” he asked.

“Yeah, it’s okay,” Rocco replied. ‘Why’s that?” The bell rang and distracted Drew from answering.

Sally came down the hallway and unlocked her classroom. “Okay everyone, get to class,” she warned nicely.

The students filed in and took their seats. “Alright class,” said Sally. “We’ll start today by looking at Chapter Five of the textbook… But first I just want to introduce our new student…” She motioned to Nina who was sitting at the back of the class. “Nina, would you like to say anything? Introduce yourself to the rest of the class?” Sally asked.

Nina shook her head, but Sally glared at her. “Okay,” she said standing up. “My name is Nina Rogers. I’m new.”

Sally grinned. “That was a very good introduction Nina,” she said said a little sarcastically. “Is there anything you want to add?”

Nina looked around the room and raised her eyebrow. “Well… what exactly do you want to know?” she asked.

“Where are you from?” Belle piped up.

“The city.” She answered quickly.

“Why did you move here?” asked Lucas.

“I was forced to come here.”

“Is it true that you’re in trouble with the cops?” Drew asked smiling.

“Drew, I think you crossed the line there” Sally interjected. ‘Nina, you don’t have to answer that.”

“No, I’ll answer it.” Nina grinned. “Yeah… I’ve made mistakes. I’m sure everyone here has.”

“It’s not like you haven’t been in trouble with cops Drew” said Cassie.

Everyone laughed. “Okay guys, I think we can leave Nina alone now.” Sally said. “Welcome to Summer Bay Nina. If you see me after class, I can organise some things for you to catch up with everything. Right let’s get started then…”

As Sally talked Nina was relieved. She was glad that they hadn’t interrogated her futher. It was only a matter of time before they found out about the things that she had done.

After class, everyone left and crowded in the hallway. Matilda was talking to Nina, while Rocco was standing alone at his locker. Drew waited patiently by Matilda and Nina and as soon as Sally had walked past them and left, he approached Rocco.

“I think you and Nina would make a good couple.” He said nicely. “I mean the two of you have so much in common.”

Rocco looked over at Nina who had started to listen in on the conversation. He didn’t say anything. So far, he had been extremely passive. He didn’t want to ruin his chance of turning his life around. Most of all he didn’t want to prove his brother right. He shut his locker and tried to walk past Drew.

“Where were you this morning?” Drew asked him.

“I was here” said Rocco trying to dodge him.

“As I recall you were late. You didn’t have anything to do with the stuff that happened at the diner this morning, did you?” Drew interrogated.

“I told you I was here.” He said walking away.

Drew grabbed his shirt and pushed up against the lockers. “Why don’t you just admit it now?” he yelled at him. “We all know you and stupid brother had something to do with it! Why don’t you losers just leave town!”

Matilda ran up behind them and tried to pull Drew off Rocco. Drew pushed Matilda off him and she went stumbling into Nina who saved her from hitting the ground. Angry, Rocco punched Drew and he fell to the ground.

Drew leapt up and tackled Rocco, and two other guys came out of nowhere and held Rocco down on the ground while Drew punched him. The kids standing around were cheering for Drew and the other boys. Rocco knew that he should fight back, he had the ability, but for some reason he just let them hit him.

Nina stormed over to them and pulled Drew and the other two boys off Rocco. She pushed them as far as she could away from him. Matilda ran over and helped Rocco to stand. Nina held Drew tightly around his collar and he could not escape from her painful grip. As soon as she let go, Drew tried to push her out of the way, but she had a very firm stance in front of him. She was inches away from his face and she was not about to back down. “Leave him alone” she threatened.

“And if I don’t, what are you going to do about it?” Drew mocked her.

“You don’t want to cross me.” She said softly.

Drew looked into her eyes. They were like ice. He stepped away as though he had seen something dark and terrifying. The two other guys stepped back as well.

“Getting your girlfriend to fight all your battles now Rocco?” he spat.

Matilda came up beside him. “You’re such a hypocrite Drew” she said shaking her head. “Just leave everyone alone”.

Drew glared at her and walked away. The crowd in the hallway also started to depart.

Rocco looked over at Nina and wiped the blood that was streaming out of his nose. “Who are you?” he asked her.

She frowned. “I’m nobody,” she answered sadly. “You learn to stick up for yourself where I’m from. I hope I didn’t embarrass you or anything?”

“Yeah, you completely embarrassed me in front of everyone” Rocco laughed. “But thanks. I didn’t think anyone in this place would help me out.” Rocco looked into her eyes. He tried to picture the threatening, violent eyes that Drew had seen, but he couldn’t see them there. When he looked at her all he could see was sadness and pain. He knew then that she was almost as dark as he was. What he had seen in her eyes was his reflection.

Kah! i just read the lsat 4 chapters or so. Great work Aida :D loved this line "“Yeah, and believe me… they look good in that uniform, but once you get married, that’s all you’ll ever see them in,” :lol: so cute and so true :D and why is Martha angry at Jack, geeez...shes alwayz angry at him <_<

Please update soon :D

Thanks heaps for all your great comments! Jack and Martha fluff will come later...

This is my 100th post so i thought i'd do an update in here. YAY!

ChapterTwelve:

Nina walked slowly along the beach. Her head was full of regret over the scene that she had caused at the school. She was sure that her brother would have a go at her; the last thing they needed was for her behaviour to jeopardise their plan.

Matilda saw Nina’s sombre figure walking towards the surf club. She admired the girl for the fact that she had stood up the way she did for Rocco. Matilda felt that she would never have been strong enough to do something like that. She knew that no other girl in the school would have done anything like that. Her thoughts wandered back to the scene that morning where she had invented Nina’s past in her mind. It made her more determined to figure out who she really was.

“Nina!” Matilda shouted as she ran up behind her. “Nina, wait up!”

Nina turned around and smiled. It was nice to see a friendly face in a strange town. She wondered how long Matilda would stick around when she found out the truth.

“Hey” she said still smiling.

“Hi” said Matilda panting. She stopped and took a moment to catch her breath. “Sorry, but I haven’t done any running in ages.”

Nina laughed. “It’s fine. Are you okay?” she asked.

Matilda nodded. “Yeah. Listen, I was just thinking that if you need anyone to help you catch up with some of the school work, I’m more than happy to help you. I’ve missed a bit of school this term, but I’ve caught up now so I have all the notes.”

“That’s great” said Nina. “I might take you up on that.”

“Well I’m free right now if you want?” said Matilda.

Nina looked at her watch. “I’m really sorry, but I have to meet my brother. We sort of have plans… tomorrow maybe?”

Matilda nodded. “Yeah, that sounds good. I have all of my notes at home so umm… You can come over tomorrow after school?”

“That would be really nice,” said Nina. “Thank you.” She smiled happily for a moment until her eyes wandered in the direction of the surf club car park. Her brother was standing there, hands on hips, threatening her with his stance. The smile disappeared form her face and Matilda noticed her change of expression. She turned around to see what Nina was looking at.

“That’s my brother, Jake.” Nina said quietly. “I better go.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow at school then?” Matilda asked.

“Yeah. Thanks again.” Nina said starting to walk away. “I really appreciate your kindness Matilda. You don’t know how much that means to me.” She gave her a final smile before she ran up the sand dunes to meet her brother.

Matilda carried on walking down the beach. Something about Jake had scared her. She saw the look in Nina’s eyes when she left… like Nina was scared, or worried. She turned around to look up at them. Johnny Cooper was standing with them now. She watched as the siblings shouted at each other angrily. Jake roughly grabbed Nina’s arm and pushed her towards the car. She stumbled and tried to wrestle out of her brother’s grip but he was too strong for her. Johnny opened the door of the back seat as Jake forced her into the car.

Matilda felt like running up there and rescuing Nina, but her feet were firmly planted in the sand. She was so focused on what was going on in the car park, that she got the fright of her life when she heard a voice behind her.

“Was that Nina?” Rocco asked her.

“Yeah…” Matilda said worried.

Rocco looked up to see his brother and Jake laughing. “What’s she doing with Johnny and that guy?” he asked.

“I don’t know?” Matilda answered. “But she said that guy was her brother.”

Rocco frowned and tried to figure out where he had seen Jake before.

Suddenly, he took off and left Matilda on the beach alone. She watched him as he ran up to the surf club. He exchanged words with Johnny and Jake before he too, was violently forced into the car.

Archived