The Royle Family returns again!

Guest Dan F

Ah right,I knew David was Craig's real child,I suppose if one is going to be in the show you would find away to get the other in.

I think they may have split,she wasnt in it and a girl named Sarah was mentioned,but then that was it..Its very odd to put something like that in a episode and never have it explained at all and knowing that there wont be another episode to explain it either,and its not really something they can leave to the viewer to decide,beacuse it could be anything.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraid not! All the deleted scenes consisted of was:

A singsong/dance from Anthony, Denise, Nana, Barbara and the kids after David and Lewis' talent thing

Twiggy, Cheryl and Callum in the kitchen, Twiggy asking her out on a date on Sunday where he'll take her to a car boot and then to the Trucker's Cafe for a massive fry-up - Cheryl says yes and for the first time says 'To hell with dieting'

Denise explaining to Little Dave in the bedroom that Nana is now his guardian angel (quite a touching moment considering her parenting skills so far)

Barbara and Denise lying on the bed with a drink singing Que Sera Sera

Mary talking to the Irish Priest

A different song at the end of the episode

And various other people's sad goodbyes to Nana such as Cheryl, Joe, Mary, Twiggy (Fancy you going when you still owe me £2 from that game of Rummy, you crafty old bugger! I won't forget, I'll get it back off you up there!) etc. with some alternative bits of Nana being awake, seeing the goodbyes, smiling and having a voiceover from her (I know you love me Jim, and I love you too etc.)

Thanks..

I dont think i will get the dvd..It was a good episode,but i think had a few not so good scenes..I think the time distance from the series to this new episode is what made people think it was better than it was..Seeing them all again,older but still the same was good,Jim wearing the same clothes was just weird..

And little David saying 'Yeah' Just like David and Denise,that was a funny moment,Nana dying was a sad moment,but the rest compared to the series was the same standard..

• 2 years later...

Well rather surprisingly, The Royle Family is back again this Christmas!

From the Press Office:

The Royle Family – The New Sofa

155_royle.jpg

Two years after The Queen Of Sheba, the last Royle Family Christmas special, Jim, Barbara, Denise and Dave return to television screens for their latest festive episode. Caroline Aherne, Craig Cash and Phil Mealey bring back the regular characters as they contemplate Christmas Royle style.

The last time Jim, Barbara, Denise and Dave were seen, viewers were moved to tears as they witnessed the moving and compassionate passing of Nana. The Bafta-winning writers promise that nobody dies in this episode, but the family is on form in a programme packed with laughs as they treat the festive holiday with their usual irreverence.

Jim and Barbara still bait one another in their cosy (but over-decorated) room; Denise and Dave still aspire to better things as they prepare for Christmas morning; and Twiggy barges in on Christmas Eve with his unique take on life. Only poor, down-trodden Antony is missing who, viewers are told, is babysitting for Denise and Dave at his own home this year. As Denise remarks: "Well, it's not a day for kids, is it – Christmas?"

The Royle Family stars Ricky Tomlinson as Jim, Sue Johnston as Barbara, Caroline Aherne as Denise, Craig Cash as Dave and Geoffrey Hughes as Twiggy.

I really thought Queen of Sheba would be where they ended the series.....

I have mixed feelings about it returning again - and indeed it will be a bit strange if it is just Jim, Barbara, Dave, Denise and Twiggy.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the ep, but fingers crossed that it works and they take it back to its usual format (real-time as opposed to set over a long period of time like QOS) again! :)

Oh and if anyone missed it (i.e. if you blinked), here was the Royle Family sketch that was advertised all night on Children in Need only for it to end up being pathetically short (they only like to give decent amounts of time to music nowadays)

Archived