Having Faith

Guest -ParaisGal-

Chapter Forty One

Martha smiled as she stood, one arm wrapped around her husband and another wrapped around her sister as the trio posed for a photo. She couldn’t believe the way the day had turned out. She hadn’t expected to be married so soon, but she knew she was ready. She was 24, well ready for marriage, she was marrying a 29 year old man, a man that she loved with all her heart and who loved her dearly in return. They’d moved to a nice little barn for the reception, someone had offered it.

“Alright, just a few more.” Beth said, fussing over the camera and in turn, the photos.

“Beth I think that’s enough.” Jack said with a laugh, his arm securely around his wife’s waist.

“I’m gunna get a drink.” Sasha told them, leaving the newlyweds in peace.

“So, what’s happening for the honeymoon?” Alf asked his granddaughter.

“I don’t know, but whatever it is the kids are coming.” Martha confirmed “I couldn’t leave them for too long.” Martha said, a smile etched across her shining face.

“I could mind them if you wanted to go on a holiday?” Sasha offered.

“I’d do it.” Kit said, looking almost coldly at Sasha “You’ve got your fiancé to worry about; he doesn’t want you getting all clucky does he?” She asked, trying to sound sad.

“Actually Jarrod and I plan to have children pretty quickly.” Sasha said, trying to keep the conversation relatively peaceful. She was dying to have a go at Kit but knew this wasn’t the right place for it.

Rachel smiled as she came bounding up, leading Jaidyn “Guess what Mac? Today’s the day of all joys, because we’ve just been able to adopt another child, a girl! We decided to name her Tayla.” Rachel said, pointing to Kim who was pushing a little tiny baby girl in a pram.

“Oh my god!” Martha squealed, throwing her arms around Rachel “You’ve got two beautiful children!” She said, laughing as she cooed over Tayla “I remember when my kids were this little!” She said fondly.

Kit looked sourly at the happy couple, she had every intention of ruining their happiness, but now that Kim and Rachel had another baby, a little girl, it was less likely that Kim would want her.

Rachel smiled as she took Tayla from Kim, as Kim picked up Jaidyn “Kim and I are so happy, I can’t believe how much joy children bring!” Rachel gushed, her face gleaming with the joy of becoming a mother for the second time “I mean, I love everything about her. It’s just like when I was holding Jay in my arms, he was a little baby who depended on me for everything, now look at him. Growing up so quickly! And Tayla will be the same.” She said, speaking fondly of her two children.

“Well since today is the day of confessions Jarrod and I have one to make – I’m pregnant, that’s why the wedding is rushed. But keep it low key, we don’t want everyone knowing. I want to do it properly, be married before the baby comes. Jarrod’s thrilled and he’s so excited about it, that I’m often left laughing at his attempts!”

“You don’t look very far along.” Martha observed, noting her sister’s still-flat abdomen.

“Yes, I’m about 2 and a half to three months, so that’s why the wedding’s in a month.” Sasha explained.

“I didn’t think you were rushing it, me and Jack waited four long years for marriage.” Martha teased her husband “Took him long enough to pluck up the courage, we were parents to three kids before he married me!” She said laughing.

“Well I didn’t see any reason to push marriage Martha!” Jack protested, defending himself.

“Sure Jack, sure.”

----------------------------------

Kit looked sour as she skulled yet another beer down at the reception.

“Maybe you should slow down on your drinking Kit, that’s your fifth one.” Rachel said, trying to remain polite but not wanting her to get trashed at her best friend’s reception.

“Maybe I shouldn’t.” Kit slurred “You and Kim must be happy, another kid to add to the brood. Shame you can’t give Kim his own children.” She said, her speech still slurred as the alcohol affected her.

Rachel’s face turned beet red, she wasn’t ashamed she was angry “I can’t believe you. I had cancer, Kit. I was pregnant when I got cancer, did anyone tell you that?”

“I bet you terminated it, because that’s the type of cow you are.” Kit giggled.

“No I didn’t, I miscarriage Kit. Only you wouldn’t know what that’s like, because nobody’s ever loved you enough to fall into bed with you, they run away because you’re such a bitch.” Rachel snapped at her “Don’t you dare stand there and talk crap to me. At least I’ve accomplished stuff in my life, I’ve got a husband and two children.” She said, smirking.

“As much as I’d love to stay here, I best be gone before I throw up in disgust.” Kit said, staggering slightly.

“That’s right, alcoholic’s anonymous is calling, it must be time for another meeting Kit. You wouldn’t want to be too late for this, actually you’re always too late for everything, let’s name and number them. There was Kim, Jarrod, Rodney, I remember him, you had him running within four days of the relationship that was funny to watch.” Rachel said, a smile etching across her face.

Kit’s face turned beet red, and hers was from three things: Anger, embarrassment and alcohol “You bitch!” She slurred again, her speech had been slurred for a while yet she’d ignored it.

“Don’t I know it?” Rachel said pleasantly “Now run along, the meeting started twenty minutes ago.” She said, turning on her heel and walking back to her husband and children.

Kit glared after her and saw her, dancing with Kim as if she hadn’t been insulting Kit moments before. Katherine Hunter never got pushed around by anyone, and she wasn’t about to start now. She saw a figure come up beside her, in a dress matching Rachel’s.

“Great reception isn’t it?” Sasha said, slightly breathless from dancing “I’m taking a break.” She explained, not seeing Kit’s drunken manner.

“It’d be better if you and Rachel weren’t here.” She said her slur obvious.

“Kit how much have you had to drink?” She asked, concerned. She didn’t want her ruining the wedding reception acting like a fool.

“Not much.” She said.

“Yes you have Kit! You can barely speak!” She accused her.

“I can speak fine, unless you’re deaf.” She said, fighting the giggles

Sasha looked at Kit almost grimly; she couldn’t risk her ruining her sister’s big day “Don’t you dare ruin this day for my sister!” Sasha warned her “She’s my sister and I love her, I’m not letting you ruin the best day of her life.” She snapped, dragging Kit out of the reception “Sleep it off!” She said nastily at her, dumping her outside.

------------------------------------------

Martha smiled as she got up; it was time for the bridal waltz. She grabbed onto Jack’s arm suddenly as she nearly fell.

“You right?” He asked her, laughing.

“I’m fine, let’s go!” She said, excitement filling her voice.

Jack laughed as he led her up. She looked so beautiful to him that he couldn’t believe his luck. How this stunning woman in front of him ever agreed to be his bride, and mother to his children was beyond his wild dreams.

Martha smiled as she got up, laughing out loud and not caring what people thought. As Jack twirled her around, she looked around and realised she was happy, surrounded by friends and family.

Kit watched them from outside, suddenly jealous. She was watching the happy couple with eyes full of envy, and also full of hate and greed. Katherine Hunter had turned into a nasty piece of work, and there was no sign of the previous one in sight. Her eyes drifted to the gas can outside the door, and began to laugh insanely as she threw her lighter at it.....

Suddenly the place went up in flames, and screams of many loved residents of Summer Bay could be heard.

NEXT CHAPTER: Will everyone make it out alive, or will some perish in the attempt?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Forty Two

Jack slowly rose from the wood covered floor, not sure if he wanted to see the sight around him. His first look was toward the children’s table, it was turned over, but he could see Martha coughing violently, but she was grasping onto Rory, who seemed relatively fine, Kiah and Callie were clinging to her. He noticed her leave the room quickly; she’d gone to sit at the children’s table, which was furthest away from the explosion. He breathed a sigh of relief, his wife and children were safe. He noticed Kim ushering Rachel and the two kids out, Kim seeming to have a bad burn on his back, Rachel relatively unharmed, and it seemed that Kim had covered Rachel and the two kids. He whirled around, training his eyes for the form of Sasha and Jarrod. He saw them heading out the door. He looked for his father, he found him too, but he couldn’t see his brother. Fear filled his body as he began to move, searching everywhere and screaming out loudly for Lucas. He felt a pair of hands grab him roughly, it was his father.

“Jack you seen Luc?” Tony asked, yelling slightly to be heard over the screams of everyone and the roars of the sirens “I can’t see him anywhere!” He said in desperation.

“No, dad, but I’ll help look.” Jack offered.

“Thanks mate.” He said, sounding relieved for the offer. He’d already forced Beth outside, Tilly had been relatively badly hurt, and she had a nasty burn on her neck, the result of the explosion.

Martha looked around, continuing to cough violently as she sat outside, holding her sobbing daughters, and a screaming son. She felt a gentle arm on her shoulder, and saw Cassie taking Rory from her “Thanks Cass.” She said gratefully.

“No worries Mac, it must be hard.” She sympathised. She had a two year old son, Flynn, but he was being babysat by a family friend tonight, so she hadn’t brought him with her “All the guys are inside.” Cassie said, worrying about Macca.

“I saw Jack as well, he seemed okay.” She said, relieved that her husband was alright.

“Let’s just see how things go.” Cass suggested.

---------------------------------------

Martha sat in a hospital bed, cradling a now sleeping Callie, as Kiah rested in a pram and Rory in a borrowed bassinette. She gently stroked her sleeping daughter’s hair as she looked around, she’d been in here for about three hours, and the children had finally gotten off to sleep. She was relieved; it meant that no longer did she have three screaming kids in her care. But she was worried, she didn’t know if Jack was okay, she hadn’t seen him in three and a half hours; they’d been at the reception for half an hour before the ambulance officers came. She sighed as she glanced at her watch for about the hundredth time. She needed to know that her husband was alright. She heard a voice, calling her name. She looked at the door, and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Jack there, covered in soot and ash but nevertheless he was alive.

Jack hurried to Martha, hugging her gently so as to not disturb Callie “I’m glad you’re alright.” Jack said quietly.

“I’m alright; I’ve got to stay in overnight, though. Bad smoke inhalation, I was in and out for a while, so yeah. Callie and Kiah have to stay and so does Rory, to be monitored to make sure their okay. Same with Jaidyn and Tayla. They both have to be monitored; all five kids have to stay.” She told him “I got a bad cough.” She said with a sigh.

“I’d rather you stayed, I don’t want you going home unwell.” He said, touching his wife’s face gently “You look exhausted.” He told her softly.

“I know, I think I’ll sleep now I know your okay.” She said, stifling a yawn.

Jack quietly sat beside his bride, supporting her as she leant back quite heavily into him “Goodnight beautiful.” He murmured to her gently.

“Night.” She murmured as she slowly drifted into sleep.

-----------------------------------------

Jack was leaning back into the pillows, his wife leaning on him as she slept, their six year old daughter leaning on her. He smiled as he watched them sleep, he loved watching Martha sleep. He watched as she began to stir, her eyelids fluttering open “Morning.” He said, leaning down and kissing her forehead gently.

She smiled softly to herself when Jack kissed her, she loved him, and she loved everything about him, everything that he did. He made her feel like the mod special person in the world “Good morning.” She said, not bothering to lean forward and remove her weight from him, then she realised where she was. She immediately looked down into her lap, where Callie was gone.

“Its okay, Alf took her for a bit. She was awake, so was Kiah. Rory’s not awake – yet.” He added.

“Maybe we should go check how everyone is?” Martha asked Jack.

“Sure, I’m keen. I want to see how everyone else fared anyway.” He told her, helping her lean forward.

She yawned, getting off Jack and then helping Jack off the bed. She was wearing pj’s that some kind person had brought over for her. She felt Jack take her hand and she smiled as she leaned into him, she had the best husband ever in her opinion “Thanks.” She said softly to Jack, ignoring the hospital tag on her wrist.

“You’ve very welcome.” He said, putting his arm around her almost protectively.

“There’s Robbie.” Martha said, grasping Jack’s hand tightly “How’s Tash? And Ella? And the twins?” Meaning their seven year old daughter, Ella, and twin daughters, Alli and Roxy

“The twins weren’t there at the time of explosion, Beth had taken them outside to get their jackets and they went with her, Tash didn’t bring the jackets in. Ella went with them” He said “Tash got smoke inhalation and stuff but she should be okay. Beth’s minding the twins now.” He said, beginning to miss his four year old kids already “Ella’s with Tash. Tash needs the company and Ella’s chatting to her about anything and everything.”

“Then why are you out here Rob?” Mac asked, wondering why he wasn’t with his wife.

“I need a bit of a break and Tash needs some time alone with Ella.” He explained “I didn’t get any sleep last night; Tash was in a bit of pain from a burn on her shoulder.” He said with a sigh.

“Our family got out pretty unharmed. Kim has a burn; Rachel’s fine as you can see.” Jack said.

“I guess you heard that Belle and Ric came clean? Their rather young though, she’s 20, he’s 22!”

“I had kids by that age.” Martha reminded Robbie “And so did you, come to think of it.” She said with a laugh “You had little Ella.” She teased him “So what if Belle and Ric are engaged? Nothing wrong with being engaged at that age, people do it younger, in fact you did!” She said, realising “You were even parents younger than they are!” She pointed out.

“Okay, okay, I know me and Tash did.” He said wryly “I was just saying.” He said, almost blushing.

“How’s everyone else?” Jack asked, wondering how the others had faired.

“Most of the people are okay, Kit was outside when it happened, so she has some bad burns, some have bad burns, and others have burns that will heal with time and a little surgery.” He said, smiling with what appeared to be relief “I was so happy that the kids were outside, I’ll tell you that.” He said, happy that everything seemed to be settling down.

“How’s Kit handling everything?” Martha asked.

“She’s okay; she must have been pretty close to the gas cylinder. It was also later discovered she was off her face with alcohol. I thought she’d recovered, I thought she’d changed! She’s been going after Kim and Jarrod again as well; she’s turned into a real nasty girl. I suppose we should’ve watched her closer with her drinking but we weren’t really. She was to the side and was smiling, and didn’t seem drunk. She’s never had a drinking problem before, every. She’s always handled her alcohol very well. I hope she’s not falling off the wagon.” He said with a sigh.

“Rob none of you could prevent this.” Martha said gently, sitting beside him.

------------------------------

“I’m so glad all the dramas finally over, and I’m glad Kit came out and told us.” Martha told Jack as they walked along the beach, hand in hand. Rachel had offered to mind Rory so they’d taken the two eldest; apparently Tayla was having trouble settling.

“In a way, I guess we’re all to blame for Kit. She was so drunk she was blinded from reality. She could barely talk; apparently she’d badly insulted Rachel and Sasha. Rachel felt guilty, apparently she made comments about alcoholic anonymous, but it wasn’t her fault. She was just reacting to what Kit was saying, she was being a bitch so Rach was being a bitch back, and it’s called karma.” Jack said calmly.

Martha squinted at a couple who appeared to be in a fully blown argument “What’s going on?” She wondered out loud when she realised it was Robbie and Tash, fortunately the kids were nowhere to be seen. She hurried up the beach “Hey, what’s going on?” She asked, wondering if she wanted to hear the answer.

“She’s decided to go and join a cult!” Robbie accused of Tasha angrily.

“They’re not a cult, Robbie! It’s a better way of living, that’s all! It’s a lovely place; us and the girls would love it there.” She tried to bargain with her husband.

“The girls and I aren’t going, Tash. There’s no if’s, ands or buts about it! I’m not going and neither are my daughters!” He said furiously “A place with no electricity and who believe in herbal remedies aren’t good places for kids to grow up!” He said furiously.

“Those kids are my children Robbie!! I will raise them where I choose, Robbie!” She screamed at him “If you can’t appreciate the fact that you’re wife has made a choice then I don’t know what we’re even doing!” She spat at him “Maybe we did get involved too young; maybe we’re not ready of this.” She told him, her face hard and cold.

“I agree, maybe I was too naive to see what a fool you really are. Go and join them, but don’t you dare even think about taking my children with you.” He told her.

“As I said before, I’m their mother. They come with me Robbie!” She argued.

“I’m their father and I’ve got grandpa’s money to support me. You’ve got nothing, who do you think the court’s going to side with?” He told her, smirking at her.

Her face told what she knew the truth would be. Robbie had an apartment and money to his name, and he had a full education. She’d been pregnant with Ella at the time of her HSC so she hadn’t received it.

“You know I would don’t you? But I’m taking you to court over sole custody for my three daughters.” He spat, marching off.

Tasha broke down on the sand, she couldn’t lose her children but she wanted to join The Believers so badly, but her husband just wouldn’t let her.

---------------------------------

Two weeks later, with Morag’s help, Robbie had full custody of the children. The court had deemed it because of a number of reasons: Tasha didn’t have a full education; she was living at a place with no electricity and believed in herbal remedies, and Tasha couldn’t offer the children an education like Robbie could, and Tasha also had no money.

Tasha sighed as she looked around the room she’d asked Irene to let her have, sighing at what her life had become. Three weeks ago she’d been a happily married housewife with three daughters she adored. Now, she was a woman soon to be divorced from her long-time husband and daughters “Bye Summer Bay.” She said, closing the door to the room behind her and jumping into Irene’s car.

-------------------------------

“Where are Robbie and your three beautiful daughters Tasha?” Mumma Rose asked Tasha “You’re children are beautiful spirits, we wouldn’t mind them being here at all Tasha. Robbie’s free to come as he likes.” Mumma Rose told her.

“Robbie didn’t want me to come here; he refused to let the girls come. I told him they’d come, but he took me to court and he won, they aren’t allowed near the farm.” Tasha told them, close to tears. She’d been here many times, she loved the farm “I don’t know why he thinks you’re so bad, Mumma.” She told her, giving the kind woman a hug.

“It’s alright darling; we can’t blame him for not seeing past his narrow minded ways. I’m sure the universe wouldn’t be so cruel as to keep your children away for long.” She told her, sympathetically.

“Thank you Mumma Rose.” She told her, grateful for the woman taking her in so kindly.

“You’re welcome Tasha.” She told her warmly “Jonah, will you take Tasha to her tent, please? She’s sharing with Charity, isn’t she?” She asked of her son.

“Yes Mumma.” Jonah said, leading Tasha to her tent.

Tasha picked up her bag and followed, looking at the place where her wedding ring had once been, now there was nothing, only a small mark that ever told you she was married.

NEXT CHAPTER: How will Tasha fair? Will Jack and Martha finally have happiness?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Chapter Forty Three

“What’s wrong, Tasha? You seem very down.” Mumma Rose told a dejected looking Tasha Hunter one afternoon, three days after she’d moved to the farm.

“I miss Robbie and the girls.” She said softly “Ella, Alli and Roxy all need me and Robbie needs me as well, managing three children isn’t easy Mumma.” She fretted “I know Robbie wouldn’t tell me if anything was wrong with them, he thinks I don’t care anymore, but I do. I miss my family with all my heart and I wish they could join us but Robbie’s too narrow minded and it’s affected my future with my children.” She told her, being honest.

“My child, sometimes we cannot tell the way we are meant to feel, or what is going to happen in the future. I had Jonah very young my child, he was a very good spirit, and I felt blessed to be his mother. Now back then I had no idea that the universe would call me, in the way it has. It called me to teach people a better way of life, I was seventeen when I started up the Believers, my darling. Everyone knows that this way of life is more peaceful, and a huge blessing. So don’t fret, my darling. Everything will work out as it’s meant to.” She told her, giving her a passing smile as she walked to help someone doing repairs.

Tasha watched Mumma Rose leave. She knew that this was the life for her; she just wished that her children and husband would come and join her. Some people here were couples, and they were happy and laughing, some even had kids. It made her all that more envious. Their partner had accepted their decision and come with them, why couldn’t hers?

“Ella and Callie, settle down.” Martha said, laughing as she watched the two children buzz around her backyard “You’ll trip over in a minute!” She warned the enthusiastic children. The three kids had coped relatively well to Tasha’s sudden disappearance, Robbie was coping with being a single father well.

“Ella has too much energy; she’s a bad influence on Callie.” Robbie said, smiling at his eldest “Fortunately Roxy and Alli are quieter, I’m relieved. They started school soon, so I should be free to return to work.” Robbie told her.

“Lunch time!” Came Jack’s loud voice.

Martha burst into laughter at Jack’s voice; he had to make himself heard at every given time “Come on kiddies, lunch time!” She called to Ella and Callie, who rushed over, she picked up her eight month old son and carried him in, Robbie following as he led Kiah along “Smells great Jack.” Martha said, smiling at her husband.

“Mum Ella’s a pig!” Callie whined to her mother.

“I am not!” Ella protested.

“Yes you are, you’re taking everything for yourself!” She snapped.

“Okay okay you two, I think separate corners are in order if you don’t settle down.” Martha warned her meaning clear.

“Sorry mum.” Callie mumbled, still shooting death looks at Ella.

“Sorry Aunty Martha.” Ella apologised.

“For the record, Ella is not a pig.” Robbie smirked, doing his best to get a bite out of his goddaughter.

“Yes she is Uncle Robbie!” Callie protested. “She took all the food I wanted.” She complained.

“Calliope!” Martha warned.

Callie knew she was pushing it; her mother only called her that when she was in big trouble. She blushed and decided to keep quiet.

Ella smirked slightly to herself, poking her tongue out at Callie from the side of her mouth.

Callie poked her tongue out back.

“Calliope, go to your room and come back when you’ve settled down!” Jack ordered.

Martha hid her grin from Callie, they had to be strict otherwise she’d carry on and be a brat, and they didn’t want her to be a brat.

Callie stormed off, but not before grabbing a hunk of chicken of Ella’s plate.

Jack gave an exasperated sigh but didn’t bother.

“Ella I don’t think you’re ever seeing that chicken again.” Martha informed Ella.

“I know Aunty Martha.” She said, grinning. The seven year old knew how to get her cousin riled up and furious and she did it a fair bit.

“Jack, maybe we should let her out.” Martha said.

“She needs a bit longer, Mac.” Jack said.

Martha looked at Jack and said “I understand that, and know that she has to tow the line, but I don’t want her room covered in chicken.”

-----------------------------------

The rest of lunch had been relatively uneventful. Callie had behaved herself relatively well when Martha had let her out, fortunately there hadn’t been much chicken on the floor.

“How about we head to the beach?” Robbie asked, looking at the six kids surrounding the table.

“We’re keen!” Jack said enthusiastically.

Martha smirked “Doesn’t the wife get a say Jack?” She teased.

“No, she doesn’t. We’re still keen.” He told Rob.

“I brought the girls swim things over, so we may as well start getting them changed now.” He told them.

Soon enough the kids were ready to go. The kids had been ready for a while and everyone heard their whinging at the super slow parents.

“Dad I wanna get there today!” Ella whinged.

“Ya Dada come on!” Roxy whinged at her dad, wanting to get a move on. Her twin sister said nothing in retaliation; she was rather quiet, like Tasha. But Robbie could sense her boredom at being cooped up.

“Alright we’re going!” Jack declared.

---------------------------

“Be careful!” Martha warned the six children. Rory was staying outside, and Rachel and Jaidyn had joined them. Jack, Kim and Robbie were in with the kids, leaving Martha and Rachel to talk as they minded Tayla and Jaidyn.

“So how is Robbie handling life as a single parent?” Rachel asked Martha “Can’t be easy on him, Tasha suddenly heading out to join some cult, not knowing if he’ll ever see her alive again or what that Jonah’ll do to her.” She said.

“I know, but Robbie made the right choice keeping the girls away from that place. At least the kids are safe.” She said with a sigh “I thought I knew Tash, I thought she was my best friend, but I guess I was wrong.” She said a hint of sadness in her voice “I certainly thought she’d choose Rob and the girls over Jonah and that freak that runs the place.”

“I guess it just shows Tasha’s naivety, doesn’t it?” Rachel stated, sighing.

“Yes, I think she’s showing her naivety, running off with that place.”

“She’ll come running back, I’m sure.” Rach tried to say.

“Yeah, when she’s barefoot and pregnant.” Martha said darkly. Her true fears about the cult were starting to come out, and she hated the fact that she didn’t know if her best friend was alright.

-----------------------------

“Tash.” Martha said evenly as she headed across the paddock at The Believers Farm.

“Mac, hey!” She said warmly, it had been a week since the swimming expedition and a week and a half since Tasha had seen her children “I’ve missed you, how are the kids?” She said, trying to hug her but Martha shoved her off.

“I’m not here on a social visit. I’m here to get you to sign the divorce papers.” She snapped “Robbie wants to move on and he can’t if he’s legally married to you. I offered to bring these down for him.” She told her “Please sign where circled Tasha.” She said coldly.

It broke her heart to see her best friend like this to her, but she sighed and signed where needed “Mac can we just talk?” She pleaded “You’d love this place, you, Jack ,the kids.” She tried to plead

“No, we can’t. I wouldn’t dump my husband and children for a place like this, not in a million years.” She informed her, turning on her heel and driving her car off, leaving an emotional Tasha behind.

NEXT CHAPTER: Tasha has a surprise visitor, and Jack has a proposal for Martha.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Just for you, Sian, an update within the next ten minute hopefully.

Chapter Forty Four

“Tasha, would you like to help Jonah collect some firewood?” Mumma Rose asked the blonde in front of her.

“Sure.” Tasha said, standing up and walking over to where Jonah stood, waiting for her with the wood box in his arms “Let’s go.” She said, smiling at him. It was a week since Martha had come, and she missed her family terribly, and knew she’d eventually have to go back for a visit to see them, she couldn’t stand being away from them “Jonah, I was thinking tomorrow I’d like to go to the Bay to see Ella, Alli and Roxy.” She told him.

“That sounds great, Tash. Maybe you can convince Robbie to let them stay here, he obviously doesn’t care very much about you.” He told her frankly “It is your choice what you do, Tash, and your children should get to see this place.”

“I’m sure Ella would love it, Roxy and Alli would be a bit unsure but they’d eventually love it here, they’d love it as much as I do. Your right, maybe Robbie wasn’t the man for me.” She said “Anyway maybe I’ll bring the three back today, as I’m probably due for my fortnightly visitation.” She told him “I get them for a day once a fortnight, you know.” She said.

“You can head off now if you’d like?” Jonah offered.

“Thanks, I might just do that.” She said, smiling as she headed back to her tent to get her car keys.

------------------------------------

“There you go Ella.” Irene said, handing the child she regarded as her granddaughter a bowl of food. The Hunter’s were at the diner, along with the Holden’s and Hyde’s.

“Mum, Ella’s a p-” Callie began.

“No, Callie, Ella is not a pig.” Martha said sternly “Enough of that talk young lady.” She said, smiling at her.

“Fine.” She gave a sigh and resumed eating the food in front of her.

“Hi.” Came a gentle voice.

Robbie looked up, fury filling his face “What are you doing here?” He snapped.

“I’m here to see the kids.” Tasha said evenly “I get a fortnightly visitation, remember?” She reminded him “So I’m going to take them to the farm for today.” She told him “I’ll have them back after dinner.” She said, preparing to gather their stuff.

“Don’t you remember what the court said? The girls aren’t allowed near the farm Tasha.” He said coldly “I also am allowed to be there for the visitations.” He reminded her “And they are eating breakfast at the moment so you’ll have to wait.” He snapped.

“Tash just leave, it’s not like your kids want you here. You dumped them; do I need to refresh your memory?” Martha snapped.

“I think it’s heartless how women just dump their children.” Robbie said, looking Tasha straight in the eye.

“Rob you can’t be serious.” She said, stunned that he’d make such a harsh move.

“I’m very serious, Tash. You can join us for our daily activities if you must but that’s it!” He told her point blank.

“Robbie I’m taking them to the farm!” She told him, grabbing her daughters.

Robbie was up in a flash, pulling Tash away “I’m going to have to ask you to leave!” He ordered her “You know the rules Tasha, and you’re refusing to abide by them so being their father I’m going to have to get you to leave or be reported.” He told her nastily.

She turned on her heel and ran, tears coming out her eyes. Never did she see her life turning out like this.

---------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe Tash did that.” Martha said to Jack, sighing as they went home after a swim at the beach with the kids.

“I can. Imagine being separated from your kids, Mac. How would you go?” He reminded her.

“I can understand that part, but not trying to grab them and run off with them. Those people have her brainwashed.” She said with a sigh.

Jack looked at Martha, sitting on the chair in a bikini and sarong, and he smiled at her, walking behind her and putting his hands on her bare shoulders “I'm the luckiest guy in the world.” He whispered in her ear.

“May I ask why?” She whispered back, turning her head slightly, a smile beared on her lips.

“Because you didn’t go and join Tasha.” He told her, kissing her head gently.

“Really? What would you have done if I’d gone?” She whispered.

“I’d have gone down and dragged you home.” He told her, wrapping his arms around her.

“What if I didn’t let you drag me home? What if I’d kicked and screamed?” She continued.

“I’d have kept on dragging. I’m never letting you go.” He told her.

“That feeling is mutual, Jack.” She informed her husband.

“Good.” He said, satisfied “By the way, I’m taking you and the kids away for a week. For a surprise.” He declared.

“What?” She asked, making sure she’d heard right.

“I’m taking you and the kids away for a surprise.” He said slowly, as if she was slow.

“Jack, where? What kind of surprise?” She squealed.

“The kind of surprise where you don’t ruin the surprise.” He told Martha.

“Jack are you serious?” She had to ask.

“Yes, I am.”

“When?” She asked, she needed to know.

“It’s in a month and a half, I’d have made it earlier but Sasha’s wedding is soon and I know you’ll want to help, and all of that. So we’re going while she’s on her honeymoon, and she’ll be back before us. We’re going for two weeks.” He told her, giving her a kiss.

She returned the kiss, and then leaned into Jack, smiling peacefully to herself. Her life couldn’t get any better.

NEXT CHAPTER: Sasha’s wedding, then Martha’s holiday! Will it be smooth sailing for both events?

Preperation for the wedding next chapter. Quick change.

Chapter Forty Five

“I can’t believe he did that!” Tasha sobbed to Jonah “He told me to get out like I was vermin, I never even got to say hello to the girls!” She said, wiping away a tear.

“He’s obviously not a very good person Tasha. You shouldn’t waste your emotions on a man like him, forget about him. I’m sure you’re kids would be happy here but maybe Robbie needs to adjust to life as a single parent and maybe he’ll find that he doesn’t like it and bring them to you? I’m sure you’d cope excellently as a single mother Tash.” He told her honestly.

“Thanks Jonah. I just can’t believe it. I thought he loved me but what if he just used me?” She asked him, heartbroken.

“Maybe he did just use you, Tash. Some people unfortunately do that, they are cruel enough to do that.”

“I just didn’t expect it to be like this.”

-------------------------------------------

“So are the flowers organised? The caterer’s? The reception? The priest? The venue?” Sasha asked Martha, in panic mode.

“Settle down Sash, it’ll be fine.” She promise her little sister “Just relax, and if someone doesn’t make it we can always organise something else. Remember that.” She told her firmly.

“That’s easy for you to say, nobody knew about your wedding! It’s so stressful.” She said with a sigh. They were at her place, organising everything for the wedding, which was in a week.

“I know, and now I see it was a good idea!” She said laughing.

“It isn’t a laughing matter Martha!” Sasha protested to her sister “You’re meant to be helping me not laughing at me.” She accused her sister.

“I know but its hard not to. You so stressed. So relax.” She told her.

“Martha are you here?” She heard Jack call to her.

“Yeah, in here!” She called back.

“Oh hey Sasha!” Jack greeted his sister-in-law.

“Hey Jack.” She said, sounding incredibly stressed “Oh no, I’ve got to pick up the wedding rings!” She exclaimed, grabbing for her keys.

“Sash, I’ll get them.” Martha volunteered “Callie and I can go for a drive.” She suggested.

“Thanks Mac, you’re a lifesaver.” She said, sounding relieved.

“Could you take Rory and Kiah as well? Sorry Martha, but McGrath called me into work.” He apologised.

“That’s alright.” She said, grabbing her pram and beginning to pack it into the car, as they were outside enjoying the sunshine “Kiah, Callie, in the car please!” Martha called as she took Rory off Jack.

The two came hurrying, Callie faster than Kiah “Where are we going?” Callie asked her.

“We’re going to get some stuff, it’s a bit of a drive but it’ll be fun.” She promised her.

“Alright.” Callie agreed, hopping into the front seat of the car.

“Alright we got the rings.” Martha said with a smile as she put the kids in the car “We’re going home.” She said, smiling as she buckled Rory in.

She was driving along a deserted road when her car stopped, just stopped “No, no, no, please come on.” She begged. She didn’t have her phone, and it was boiling hot. She glared at her grandfather’s ute as she managed to pull it off the road. She got out, after rolling down the windows “Never am I borrowing granddad’s car again.” She grumbled. Her granddad had two utes, a four door ute, which she was using, and a two door one. Her car was in for repairs so her granddad had let her borrow the four door ute. She lifted the bonnet, wincing as pain went through her hand at the burning feeling of the metal. She groaned when she saw all the steam coming from the engine “Maybe next time granddad will get his cars checked out when I tell him they need it.” She said, not bothering to put the bonnet down. She now regretted going a different way, as she’d felt like going on a dirt track, it was a short cut barely anyone remembered, and Martha was one of the few who remembered it. She sighed as she got the pram out of the car “Come on kids!” She called, picking Rory up and putting him in one side of the pram, Kiah in the other. It was a two kid pram.

“What’s wrong mummy? Why aren’t we going in the car?” Callie asked.

“The car’s broken down sweetheart, so we have to walk until we see another car.” She told her.

“Where is she, she should be here by now.” Jack said, starting to panic. It was an hour and a half each way, and it was six hours since Martha had left.

“I called the shop, their closed. They’ve been closed for two and a half hours Jack, so something must have happened to her! I never should’ve asked her to go, what about her and the kids, it’s boiling hot out there!” Sasha panicked.

“I’m going out there to find them.” Jack declared.

“I’ll organise some others to help.” Sasha promised, rushing to the phone.

“Mummy it’s really hot.” Callie said, she was hot and sweaty, as were the other kids.

Martha sighed as they sat down. They’d been going for about three and a half hours, and she knew it was starting to take a toll on the kids “Maybe we should stop.” Martha agreed, it was starting to get dark and even though she wanted to keep going she knew that the kids couldn’t. She sighed as she looked at the supplies they had. Water and a bit of food. She sighed as she gave all three kids a bit more water as she sat down, pulling Callie into her lap and turning the pram around to face her “Come on Jack.” She said quietly.

-------------------------------------------

Jack was full of panic. It was the next morning and he was frantic. The searches for Martha had turned up with nothing and she was out there, alone with three kids. He wished he’d offered to go. He was hurrying to his car when Alf came along.

“Jack, Beth’s offered to let us borrow her four wheel drive, I’ve got kid seats in, let’s go on another look.” He said, worried about his granddaughter and great grandkids.

“Alright.” He said, hurrying into the car.

“I hope we find her soon.” Jack said, on their way back from the place and full of worry.

“Hang on, there was a track Martha like to use it’s around here somewhere. I forget but she loves to use it with utes and stuff, it’s an old dirt track. Reminds her of the farm.” He told her.

“Let’s go then.” Jack said.

“Hey there’s her car!” Alf said, pulling in behind it and rushing around.

“It’s dead.” Jack said “She’s been stranded for nearly a day Alf. She’s got three kids with her.” He said, extremely stressed.

“Let’s go up the track, Jack. Hopefully we’ll find her.” Alf said.

An hour later, Jack looked out, and up ahead he saw someone standing out on the road “That’s Callie!” He said, pointing to the kid.

Alf drove quickly to the spot where Callie was. Soon everyone was reunited and Martha and the kids were given some water and food.

NEXT CHAPTER: The wedding

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Chapter Forty Six

“I’m so glad you came Jack.” Martha said, utterly relieved. All three children were asleep in the 4-wheel drive “I honestly didn’t know how far I was going to get. Three kids and a boiling hot time. Not a great combination.” She added, leaning harder into Jack, who had his arms around his wife.

“I wish I hadn’t told you to take the kids. You didn’t need that trek.” Jack said, holding Martha tight “It would’ve been okay for you without the kids, I wish I’d been there.” He said with a sigh.

“I’m okay, Jack, just quite tired.” She admitted, yawning slightly.

“Then have a sleep.” He whispered in her ear, putting her head on his shoulder so she could sleep. He felt her make herself more comfortable before eventually falling asleep.

-----------------------------------------

Jack smiled as Alf pulled into his house. He gently exited, bringing Martha slowly into his arms and hurrying inside with her sleeping form. He gently laid her on the bed and put the covers over her, smiling to himself. He was lucky to have his beautiful wife, he knew that. He hurried outside, Alf had already taken Rory in, so Jack picked up both Callie and Kiah and carried them in carefully, placing the toddler in her crib and the child in her bed, smiling as he went outside to thank Alf.

“I’m relieved their home. That ute’s being towed back here, I don’t know if I’ll feel safe in it for a while. After this, anything could’ve happened to those kids. I’m relieved their all safe at least.” He said, before returning the car keys into Beth’s hand.

“Martha and the kids alright?” Beth asked Jack as Alf left, Tony was coming up as well.

“Their asleep. Their exhausted and need this sleep so much. They’ll probably eat and drink some when they wake up, they need it. Pretty much being out there would’ve been really hard, especially on the two younger kids. Rory’s not used to it.” Jack said.

“Good luck.” Beth added, smiling at Jack.

--------------------------------------------------

“I’m nervous, what if Jarrod doesn’t show?” Sasha asked as she prepared for her wedding day.

“If he doesn’t then it’s his loss but I’m sure he’ll turn up. He loves you, remember?” Martha said, smiling at her sister.

“I guess.” She said, heaving a sigh.

“Yes, now settle down and stay still, I can’t do your make up when you’re moving around.” Rachel said, smiling at her.

“I’m glad my wedding was totally unprepared for. That means we didn’t have to worry about the other one not turning up, because we’d arranged it that morning.” Martha smirked.

“Don’t say that.” Sasha groaned.

“I will say that.”

“Alright, you two enough. Separate corners in a minute! Now, Sasha, nearly time.” Rachel reminded her.

“Alright, let’s do this.” She said, breathing out nervously.

---------------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe my little sister is married!” Martha exclaimed, holding in the tears that threatened to overflow.

“She’s married you can’t change that.” Jack said, smiling at his wife “She had to farewell her big sister.” He pointed out “So it’s only fair that you do a swap.” He said calmly.

“Shut up Jack Holden.” She frowned at him “What I ever saw in you I don’t know.” She teased him.

“You saw a lovely man who stole your heart.” He said, smirking.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” She laughed.

“But you returned the favour so it’s alright.” Jack said “Now, we are missing two children. Where are they?” Jack asked.

“Callie’s dancing with Sasha and Jarrod and Kiah is charming her family.”Martha informed him “Men are so not organised.” She teased.

“Yes we are, we just know that if we pretend to be organised, you women will throw a tantrum and not speak to us for weeks.” He said with a laugh.

“Our life is perfect.” Martha said softly, looking at her son in front of her, and her two daughters off on the other side of the room.

“Yes, it is perfect. It’s all I ever wanted.” Jack said, giving Martha a kiss.

“I couldn’t agree more.” She said, wrapping her arms around him.

THE END!!

I know it wasn’t exactly the best chapter but it was a rush job. If you’re nice, I’ll introduce another fic, soon. I like having three lol. I have One More Chance and Childhood up, and the sequel should be up in early February. Thank you for everyone’s lovely comments, they made me want to keep writing but I want to end on a good note. Thank you everyone! So far, new fic called My Love, unless that name gets/is taken.

Comments

Archived