Having Faith

Guest -ParaisGal-

--Note—I changed Callie’s hair from black to dark brown. Realising that Paul/Jack has brown hair. Thought he had black. And I just made up names for Martha’s brother. Amber used Greg and Davie; I had no idea if they were their real names, so stuck with this. If they are their real names, I’ll change them

Chapter Eleven

One Month Later

Martha sat on Jack’s bed; talking. Just talking. It was getting late and Callie was tired, and Martha knew she’d have to go home soon. She was getting excited; Jack would be home in a week.

Rachel had gone home, on the providence that Kim be with her, to help her legs recover. Kim hadn’t wanted it any other way. He’d discussed the matter with Amanda Vale, his boss, the town witch. She’d agreed to give him time off as long as he slogged his guts out when he returned.

Martha smiled as she saw Callie yawn for about the tenth time “Alright Miss Holden, I believe that it is time that we got you home.” She said pointedly.

Callie groaned “Mama I want to stay with daddy!” She pouted.

Jack grinned “Daddy’ll be home in a week, baby girl, so don’t worry. You can’t get rid of me forever.” He joked.

Martha laughed as Callie gave her dad a final goodbye hug “Well, I’d better stay home with her. This bub tires me out.” She said, now nearly seven months pregnant. She sighed as she heaved her growing frame out of the bed, the bed giving a groan of relief as her bulk was removed, and she was two people, not one.

Jack reluctantly let go of her hand “Alright, but are you coming back tomorrow?” He said, his eyes practically pleading here; he couldn’t stay here for long without her. He couldn’t wait to get home, so he, Martha and Callie could be a proper family.

Martha smirked at his face “I’ll see if I can fit you it.” She teased.

Jack pouted, doing his best impersonation of puppy dog eyes.

Martha laughed at her lover’s face “Of course I will. This place has become my second home; and it will be in about two month’s time.” She said, affectionately rubbing her large baby bump.

Jack smiled “I wish I could be at home with you, I want to care for you and Callie while your pregnant; but you’ve been doing all of that, while I’m coped up in hospital because of some idiot.” He said, and then noticed Martha looking pointedly at Callie, who was starting to pay attention to her father.

Martha gave Jack a reproving look; they’d decided not to talk about the fool who’d landed Jack in hospital in front of her, because she was still having nightmares, but Jack had forgotten about it, or had just let it slip. For the time, Martha was most keen to go with the let it slip option.

Callie stood beside the bed on tip-toe to give Jack a kiss goodnight “Night daddy.” She said angelically.

Jack gave her a kiss on her head “Goodnight baby girl.” He said softly. As he looked at Callie, he realised that she looked a lot like him. She had the Jack Holden eyes, the same coloured hair, the smile, and the mouth that was often filled with laughter. He smiled at her and Martha a goodbye, as Martha led the tired girl out of the room, waving goodbye, before Jack sighed, and resigned to a long night alone, without his love by his side, and without his daughter in the next room…

------------------------

The next morning, Martha was in the kitchen, ready to go and see Jack; Callie was in the shower. Martha was making Callie some toast to eat on the way there, she knew Callie couldn’t wait to go see her dad; and she knew Callie was also excited about meeting Rob and Tash’s small daughter, Ella, who was five.

Callie came into the room soon after Martha had her breakfast ready. She had her father’s soft hair, the rich dark brown colour, the hair which she now asked Martha to braid for her; and much to her delight, Martha braided her hair. Callie smiled, it was 4 minutes later and her long brown hair was in a beautiful braid, and she couldn’t wait to go and show it off to her daddy.

Martha handed the child the bread with vegemite, unaware that there were two men and one woman, watching her. She grabbed her keys and headed out to the door, and was shocked by who she saw there, and then her shock turned to anger “Brett, I told you to stay away from me!” She said, protectively grabbing towards Callie, then she realised another woman had joined them “Roo, what are you doing here?” She said, equally as angry. Her love for her birth mother had turned to hate soon after she found her, she found out what she did.

Roo reached out a hand to her daughter “Martha, please! We’re family. I’m your mother, Brett is your father, Sasha is your sister and Graham is your brother!” She said firmly “You cannot just forget about us Martha, please. We’re your family, give us another chance!” She begged.

Martha drew away from Roo “You are no family of mine.” She said coldly, grabbing hold of Callie’s hand and leading her toward the ute she drove. Soon they were driving toward the hospital, and soon they were in Jack’s room.

Jack looked at Martha as she entered “I was thinking, earlier.” He said, pausing. He’d already greeted them, and Callie was playing with her teddy. “I was thinking we should go ahead with the adoption” He said, looking at her honestly. “That way, if, god forbid, we break up, you can still have a go for custody, so that legally you are her mother.” He said, referring to the papers they’d gotten after Callie had come; they’d been faxed down with her.

Martha smiled, “I’d love that Jack. And I’m pretty sure we won’t break up, at least break up permanently. In fact, I already have the documents filled in, ready to be sent.” She said, pulling them out of her bag. “Why don’t I go post them?” She said, smiling at him, before leaving the room.

Callie looked at her dad after a while “Daddy, when are you coming home?” She said, looking at him with her beautiful brown eyes; she’d asked this question a lot lately, and she couldn’t wait for him to tell her he was coming home.

Jack knew she couldn’t wait for him to be home with her and Martha; truth be told he couldn’t either. But he knew he still had to get well. “Hopefully soon, baby girl.” He said, reaching out to take hold of her hand “You and your mummy mean the world to me.” He said, softly holding her hand.

Martha smiled as she stood at the door “Talking about me are we?” She asked with a laugh.

Jack grinned “I believe the term is talking about you, not to you Mac.” He teased.

Martha moved and sat on Jack’s bed; only to have Callie sit next to her, as close as she could get. Callie couldn’t sit in Martha’s lap anymore, and Martha struggled to carry her around, her ever-growing belly restricted that.

They sat like that for hours, with the exception of when Mac went to go and get herself and Callie some lunch – Even though Callie ate most of Jack’s lunch. There was a knock on the door, and the door opened without waiting for a reply.

Martha glared at the people who entered the room “Get out.” She spat angrily at them “Get out of here now.” She said, wrapping a protective arm around Callie.

Brett sighed “Martha, please.” He begged “Just talk to us, we’re not going to leave Summer Bay until you speak to us.” He urged her, but she had none of it.

“No! This is a hospital, so now just leave. You’re not doing anybody any good by being here!” She hissed at them, and Jack looked between his girlfriend and the people whom he now realised to be her family; she’d only mentioned her father, but he knew the rest must be her brother and sister.

Her sister, Sasha, who was two years younger than Martha, she was 20, Graham was 21 – All three kids were a year apart. Sasha looked at Martha “Please, we’ve been trying to get to know you. You’re our sister, mine and Gray’s sister. We really want to get to know you.” She said honestly, she and Gray had been able to stay with Roo and Brett – When Martha had been gone for two months, Brett had realised his mistake and come back to be with Ruth and their child, only to find the child was in the care of other people.

Martha glared “Because of them I grew up in a home that wasn’t with my birth parents. And they were better parents than I could have ever hoped for.” She continued her glaring.

Suddenly, there was another knock at the door and Martha groaned inwardly, expecting it to be another long lost relative – only to find it was Macca who entered “Macca!” She shrieked, rushing over to him, and hugging him as tight as her seven-month-pregnant stomach would allow her to.

Macca looked unsurely at the people he had no idea were Martha’s relatives, but he decided to not do anything. He looked over at Jack “Sorry to interrupt, but I heard that my sister’s boyfriend was in hospital. Had to come and see you, good excuse to see Mac too. But she never told me she was pregnant.” He said “And had to meet him to, brothers have to approve the new boyfriend. By the way, Josh and Paul send their love to you, Mac.” He said, referring to their brothers.

Jack reached out his hand to Macca “Nice to meet you, Macca.” He said pleasantly “This is our daughter, Callie.” He nodded toward the sweet girl.

Martha said quickly “I’ve adopted her, but she calls me her mum.” She said, fondly stroking the girl’s dark brown hair.

Macca smiled at the small child “Hello there. I guess that means I’m Uncle Macca.” He said, looking at Jack to see if that was okay, and Jack nodded.

Finally, Roo seemed to find her voice “Martha, is this your brother?” She said shakily, she hadn’t expected him to fly down.

Macca spoke first “Yeah, I’m Mick Mackenzie, but everyone calls me Macca.” He said, giving them a nod.

Martha was quick to reply “There nobody; in fact they should be leaving now.” She said forcefully, and was about to have another response when she felt a tug on her sleeve.

“Mummy, can we go and get some juice?” Asked Callie. She was thirsty, she hadn’t gotten the chance to have a nice drink of juice this morning.

Martha smiled at her “Of course sweetie.” She said, helping her off the bed, and looking at Jack, letting him know where she was going.

Jack waved goodbye to Callie, and was about to face her family when he was cut off by Macca;

“What’s going on here?” Was all he asked.

Roo sighed “I guess we should explain. We’re Martha’s biological family; however as you guessed, she hates our guts, because Sasha and Graham were raised by us. I thought I was giving my daughter the best life by giving her up, but then her dad asked for another chance and soon Graham came along, then a year later Sasha, all of them are a year apart. When Martha was fifteen, shortly at the death of her adoptive mother, Julia, she found us but as she grew to love us, she found out, and then moved to Summer Bay with her grandad. And then it’s continued, and she hasn’t tried to find us since, she’s been avoiding us.” She said softly, obviously heart broken by what was happening.

Jack sighed “I guess I can understand. Maybe I can help you there? I’m sure I can help you change her mind, she’ll come around. I’ll help you. I’m sure Martha will see sense, I’ll help you to get her on your side, I’ll do my best” He said, only he chose the wrong time to say it.

“No you won’t. And if that’s how you want to be, then you can say goodbye to me” Spat a voice from the door. Martha was back, with Callie drinking her juice. She looked at Jack, half with anger, half with sadness “I thought you’d stand by me Jack. I told you this. But no, you’ve got to go and try to get us to play happy families. It’s not gunna happen. So if you want to play it like this. Say goodbye to me!” She spat, before grabbing Callie’s hand and storming out of the hospital. She rushed to her car, telling Callie to get in, and she drove off, ignoring Macca standing by the side, yelling at her to stop and let him in.

Jack groaned when Macca came back in, saying he saw Martha drive out “I shouldn’t have said anything.” He said, leaning into his hands “I should have done what she’d always asked me to. And now she’s out there, alone, seven months pregnant and with a child.” He said, getting angry at himself.

Macca sighed “Mate, there was nothing you could have done. It’s these people here’s fault.” He said, glaring at the Macklin’s. “If they hadn’t bugged Mac this long, she’d be okay.” He said, looking at them “It’s your fault she’s out there, pregnant. Anything could happen to her in the state she’s in!” He said angrily.

The Macklin’s looked a bit uneasy for causing Martha to rush off in such a hurry.

Jack also glared at them “Obviously I was wrong in thinking I could help you. You could have cost me everything. So now, leave. Leave and don’t come back.” He snapped. He dearly wished he could chase after Martha, apologise to her, beg her to forgive him but he didn’t know if she would. He hated himself for what he did.

----------------------

Meanwhile, Martha had since stopped her speeding along the road. She’d pulled over, and was stopped by the side of the road. It had been four hours since she’d stormed out of Jack’s hospital room, yet she didn’t feel any less angry or guilty. Her phone rang and she looked at it, and was going to hang up, as she thought it would be Jack. But she saw that it was Macca, she sighed as she picked up the phone.

Jack listened as Macca rang Martha’s phone, expecting her to hang up, but was surprised when she answered the phone.

Macca sounded surprised that she answered, but quickly launched into what he was saying “Mac, where are you? You’ve been missing for four hours, are you, Callie and the bub okay?” He asked, and Martha’s voice came over, saying she and Callie were fine, and not to bother ringing them anymore. He groaned as she hung up on him, and he turned to Jack “She said she and Callie were fine and not to bother ringing her anymore.” He said in a detached tone “Those people really got her riled, but if I know Mac she’ll be home soon, it’s nearly six in the night. She won’t stay out that late. She’s heavily pregnant, and she’s got a small girl with her who is probably getting tired.” He said “Mate, I should head to Mac’s. I’ll ring you when they get home.” He promised, heading out the door.

It was an hour later, seven pm, when Martha headed in her driveway. She opened the door and got out, and unlocked the front door, and was surprised when she saw Macca in. However, her surprise turned to anger “What are you doing here? Trying to convince me that I should go running back to the Macklin’s?” She said nastily.

Macca shook his head “No, I’m going to get you to ring Jack, let him know you and Callie are okay. He’s been worried sick Mac!” He stated “He can’t come running after you Mac. He’s in hospital!” He said, sounding angry.

Martha felt herself getting even angrier “I’m not ringing him.” She snapped, and then once again felt the urge to leave, but she knew Callie had to stay so she snapped again “Take Callie to the hospital.” She said, before rushing out the door, into her car and speeding off again.

Macca watched her drive off, unable to do anything and he groaned. He shouldn’t have gone off. She was upset enough as it was without having him bugging her. He looked as Callie entered the room.

“Where’s mummy?” She asked, she knew her mum had been upset so she’d stayed with her.

“Mummy’s gone out, but I’ll take you to daddy now.” He said softly, leading her out to his car “I’ll get you some dinner at the hospital.” He promised her, helping her into the ute.

Jack was worried sick, he hadn’t heard anything, when suddenly he heard Callie’s voice.

“ Daddy!” She squealed, launching herself onto the bed. “I missed you!” She said happily.

Jack smiled, giving her a quick kiss before looking behind her for Martha, but no Martha was seen. Jack saw Macca enter.

“Jack mate, she came home, and then I had a go at her and she left, again, she told me to bring Callie to you.” He said, indicating to Callie to Jack.

Jack groaned “I’m getting really worried now. She’s out there, pregnant. It wasn’t so bad when Callie was with her; she’d be able to help Martha. But now nobody is!” he said, trying not to show his true anger in front of Callie.

-----------------

By the 9AM the next morning, Martha still hadn’t returned and everyone, including Tony, Lucas and Alf were worried. Martha had her phone turned off and Callie was missing her.

What nobody knew is that Martha had been driving along a deserted road, a road people rarely drive down, when her car had broken down, and she realised the answer almost immediately; no petrol. She groaned, and realised that she was stuck here for the rest of the night. She’d slept in her car and was now wondering if anyone would come for her. She hoped they’d realised she’d never come home, she was starting to get really hungry. She suddenly saw a car coming towards her, and she jumped out and flagged them down. Fortunately, the driver of the car was Beth Hunter, with her four-wheel-drive. She was happy to give Martha a lift to Summer Bay, and dropped her off at her house, to find a panic-filled Rachel and Kim.

Kim saw Martha walk through the door, looking tired and worn out and hurried over “Mac, we’ve been so worried!” He said, leading her to a chair and sitting her down, giving her the food he was about to give Rachel, who came hobbling through the door.

Alf sighed, and when his phone rang everyone jumped and looked at him, full of hope, and when he answered his face showed relief as he hung up “That was Rachel. Apparently Martha got dropped off a few minutes ago. Her Ute broke down, last night and she got stranded but Beth picked her up. She’s exhausted, so she’s sleeping now.” He filled them in, Jack looked utterly relieved “But, she did say she wants to be left alone for a bit, but she said she’s happy to mind Callie, but she didn’t say when she was gunna see you again mate. Sorry.” He said.

Jack sighed, he should have known this would happen…

Will Martha ever forgive Jack?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Twelve

5 days later

Jack sighed; he was down in the dumps, and had been for the past 5 days. Callie still visited him every day, but there was one person missing. Martha. Since his promise to the Macklin’s, she hadn’t turned up once to see him. His head flew up at the sound of a knock, but it was Callie; and again, she was alone. This was the sixth day of Martha’s absence, and it was hitting him hard. He knew it was Martha who walked her to the door, he could hear her quietly talking to Callie, obviously trying to not alert Jack that it was her but he knew. He knew her voice, her steps, her smell, everything. And everything pointed to it being Martha, who faithfully dropped her off every day, and picked her up every day at four, unless Jack had rung his dad and said she wasn’t feeling well or anything. Then Martha would come, faithfully, to take her home. Even though he wished the day would come where she’d see him and talk to him. Callie would wait outside at four, Martha always happened to be prompt.

Martha sighed as she stood outside Jack’s door, the urge to go in strong, but her stubborn side told her to resist. He should never have promised her family he’d get her to see sense. Never. He never should have questioned her feelings. Yet he had. He didn’t know what it was like growing up with a foster family. Not knowing if you really fitted in. He didn’t have the insecurities that came along with it. He didn’t feel the blame. No, she did but he didn’t seem to care. She turned when she saw Chester come up beside her.

“Are you Martha Mackenzie?” He asked, referring to the bond she had with Callie. He also needed to know, because he knew Jack was pining over his girlfriend, and his recovery was being hindered by it.

Martha looked almost suspicious “Yes, I’m Martha.” She said slowly, wondering what this was about.

“Well, I’m Chester, Jack’s doctor. I know you probably don’t want me sticking my nose in, but I thought you should know that he’s literally pining away for you. And his recovery is being hindered. We don’t know if he’s going to be okay to leave tomorrow.”

Martha bit her lip as Chester walked off. He’d given her food for thought. Maybe she should try and talk to him. She paused, her hand on the door handle, and listened. She listened to the conversation, and she could hear from Jack’s tones that he was obviously upset about what was going on. She heaved a sigh; she didn’t want to but she knew she should. She sighed as she turned the door handle and walked in.

Jack got a shock when he saw Martha in the doorway. He hadn’t seen her for days “Martha!” He exclaimed, looking at her anxiously, desperate to hold her, but he knew she wouldn’t allow it.

Martha looked at Jack. She gave him a tiny smile and then walked cautiously over to the bed; she didn’t quite go to the bed, stopped a bit away from it.

Tony, who had come in to see Callie, realised that Martha was here, so he looked from his son, to Martha, and back to his son, then looked at his granddaughter “Callie, why don’t you come with me?” He said slowly, and both Jack and Martha gave him an appreciative nod, as Tony left the room with Callie.

Jack noticed her hesitation and he groaned inwardly. He had known it would be awkward but he had hoped they’d be able to sort this out. “Martha, please. We need to talk, please just talk to me.” He begged of her.

Martha looked at him, shaking her head “What is there to talk about? You betrayed my trust, Jack! You told my family, whom you knew I detested, that you’d get me to talk to them again. You should have stuck with what I wanted. So I don’t know where we are headed from here. I honestly don’t know Jack. If you can’t stand by me when I’ve told you how I feel then I don’t know why we’re bothering. I do know that I love you, but it hurts that you’d be willing to do that. I don’t know how long we’ll be apart, or if we’ll ever be back together. I hope we do, for our baby and Callie’s sake, but I really don’t know.” She said slowly.

Jack nodded slowly “I can understand that.” He said with a sigh “But, I want you to know, that even though we may have been broken up now, I still want you to be Callie’s mother. I still want you to be a big part of her life.” He said honestly.

Martha smiled at him sadly “Thank you. And as I want you to be part of our baby’s life, because that’s what it is: Our baby. But I don’t know how long I’ll need. It just depends on how it all goes I guess, Jack.” She said slowly, before slowly walking out the door, leaving Jack shattered behind her.

ONE MONTH LATER

Jack was out of hospital, and while he couldn’t run or any of that, he could still walk, not as fast as everyone else and he had a wheelchair and crutches at home for when it got hard but other than that, he was fine.

Martha walked into the home that she and Jack currently lived in. Rachel had moved out, her and Kim saying that since Martha wasn’t sleeping with Jack it was foolish of them to stay, and they’d waved off Martha’s pleads for them to stay, and now Martha was glad it was just the three-soon-to-be-four of them. She saw Jack on the couch, and she gave him a light smile. Their relationship had been strained, but they did their best to keep it strong for Callie. Suddenly Martha grabbed her stomach, as pains started ebbing through her stomach, and then she felt it: Strange liquid running down her leg.

Jack saw all of this happen, and looked shocked but grabbed his phone and dialled for the ambulance, knowing that Martha was in labour as they waited for the ambulance to arrive.

FIVE HOURS LATER

Martha held her beautiful baby in her arms. She was exhausted but she hadn’t said anything. She’d begged Jack to be in the delivery room, and he’d held her hand throughout the labour. It had been complication free, something everyone was relieved about. Martha watched her friends file into the room, Jack sat on her bed, the baby asleep in her arms.

Ric was the first to speak “So what is her name?” He asked.

Martha smiled “It’s a name that Jack and I have been thinking about for a while. And we know it’s a good name. Kiah.” She said, beaming at her young daughter in her arms.

Jack smiled as he stroked Kiah’s cheek; he adored her. He noticed Martha’s adoring look and smiled, Martha and he were starting to get on well, since the labour things had been going pretty well. Martha liked him staying around her as much as possible.

Martha noticed Jack smiling at her and she gave him a smile, and as she handed her daughter to Jack, she knew that things were going to be alright between them. It might take a while but they would be okay…

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Chapter Thirteen

It had been two days since Kiah Morag Mackenzie had come into the world. Martha was in the room, cuddling her tiny daughter. Callie was due to come in, yesterday the baby hadn’t been well and hadn’t been allowed any visitors, but now she was fine for visitors, and Martha was just waiting for Callie to come see her. Jack was bringing Callie in; they’d talked, and decided to be friendly. There was nothing wrong with that. He’d told her that he deeply regretted what he’d said, and that he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t speak with her family if that was what she wanted. It was, so everything was sorted and there may be a couple reuniting in Summer Bay.

Jack walked in, with Callie looked somewhat nervous. Martha smiled at her, and Callie still looked down. Martha touched her cheek “What’s wrong Callie?” She said, sounding concerned.

Callie looked at her “Mummy, do you still want me around now you’ve got your own baby?” She said softly.

Martha looked at her “Sweetheart of course I want you around! You’re as good as my daughter.” She said firmly, bringing her into a hug “This is your little sister, and you’re going to be an amazing big sister Callie.” She said, sounding stern and she handed Kiah to Jack and wrapped Callie in a hug.

Jack smiled as he watched Martha pull Callie into her lap, and then he slowly began to hand the baby to Callie, whilst Martha instructed her. Martha had her arms under Callie’s, in case she suddenly dropped the newborn.

Martha smiled as Callie held her sister tightly, afraid of dropping her. Tony came in, and Callie grinned at her grandfather, who came over to her.

Tony smiled at his two granddaughters; they were both beautiful. “Can I hold her?” He asked, indicating to Kiah. He got a nod of Martha, so he carefully took the sleeping bundle of joy, and said softly “How about me and my granddaughters go for a walk?” He asked softly.

When they left, Martha knew that Jack was sitting by her side, wondering what to do. She turned and looked at him, she knew he was upset, she was to. She just didn’t know what to do, she knew she’d been silly, and had overreacted but it was a lot harder to take things back then it was to say them. Her pride and stubbornness forbade her to forgive him.

Jack couldn’t handle the silence “Martha, look. I’m really sorry for what happened. I miss you, and I hate our strained relationship. We have two children, and we both love them.” He said, pleading with her.

Martha looked up at Jack, fiddling with her hands. She wondered how she’d tell him she felt the same way “I know Jack. The truth is, I miss you and I love you so much. I know I probably overreacted but I hate them Jack, and it just felt like you were putting a knife through my heart. You didn’t seem to care how I felt about it. If you’re still interested, I guess we could try to make another go of it?” She asked him, looking hopeful.

Jack smiled down at her, nodding his head and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her softly. They pulled away just in time for Callie to come rushing through the door, her pretty face alight with joy “Mummy, pop pop’s here!” She squealed.

Martha laughed at Callie, pulling her up on the bed. She noticed her grandfather walk in, he was holding Kiah; he’d obviously begged Tony for a hold.

Tony noticed Jack and Martha holding hands and he smiled at her “Are you two back on?” He asked, looking hopeful.

Martha laughed “Yes, we are.” She said softly “We realised our mistakes and realised the girls need us together.” She said, squeezing Jack’s hand.

Jack kissed the top of her head. They were happy. They had two beautiful daughters, who meant the world to both of them.

Callie looked at her parents “Mummy, when are you coming home?” She said, snuggling closer to Martha.

Martha smiled, stroking Callie’s hair “Soon, honey. I hope.” She said with a smile.

Rachel came into the room, limping slightly. She’d begged to be able to return to work, so she’d been allowed. Now she’d taken over as the main doctor “Well, you can go home in a few hours, when we’ve done the last few checks on Kiah.” She said with a smile.

-------------------------------

Two hours later, Martha walking into her home, smiling. She was relieved to get home, she hated the hospital, it reminded her of the accident, and all the dramas. Jack followed, holding Kiah close to him, she was cuddled in his arms, while Callie was in her room, she’d raced in as soon as the car had pulled in the drive. Martha began preparing lunch, a knock was heard at the door. She licked the butter off her finger and went to open the door. There, she saw her parents, Roo and Brett. She gritted her teeth, why couldn’t they get the idea? “Get out!” She spat at them, and tried to slam the door in their faces but her father put his hand on the door.

“Martha, listen to us. We are your parents. Just listen to us. Talk to us! Please, we want to be a part of your life, and our granddaughter’s life” He said insistently.

“You’ll never know either of your granddaughters.” She snarled, and Callie began to walk toward Martha.

Brett and Roo laughed “You mean our granddaughter. We don’t regard that foolish four year old as your child Martha, and you shouldn’t either.” She said carelessly.

Martha noticed Callie’s face, and she grabbed her just in time before she ran out. She put Callie into her arms, looking angrier “Stay the hell out of our lives. You will never know me, Jack, Callie or Kiah.” She said nastily, slamming the door hard in their faces. Some people never learnt…

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Chapter Fourteen

Kiah had been home for two months now, and Martha and Jack couldn’t be happier. They had their two stunning daughters, and Brett and Roo had left three weeks ago, realising she was never coming around. There was a party on tonight, a party that Rachel had decided to go to, everyone had been invited but Martha and Jack had declined, preferring to stay at home with their young family. Kim also decided to stay at home, since Lee had done the runner from the Bay, leaving her seven month old son, Jaidyn, an orphan he’d decided to adopt her, and so he was caring for him until they decided; foster care until adoption. He and Rachel couldn’t be happier; he’d proposed and she’d said yes. Martha’s sister had turned up two weeks ago, and Martha, realising that Sasha was being honest and forthcoming, had agreed to give their sistership a go.

Rachel was preparing for the party, she looked amazing, she had on a beautiful dipping dress, and she looked stunning. Kim had joked that she shouldn’t be going out unchaperoned, and she’d laughed and reminded him that he’d been invited.

The party was now in full swing and Rachel had been there for a few hours. She’d had a few drinks too many, and then she saw someone come in; her ex, Matthew. She smiled at him, the drinks going to her head.

Matthew walked over to her, smiling at her, and they talked for a while when suddenly, the drinks having gone to both of their heads, they began kissing each other passionately, making out on the couch. They were about to go even further when suddenly an angry voice could be heard.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Bellowed Kim. He’d come, as someone had said that someone was pressuring Rachel, he’d come down, to find her making out with someone on the couch.

Rachel got up, looking at Kim, realisation dawning on her face. He looked so angry at her, so disappointed that she just wanted to hide her face. But she knew she couldn’t. She regretted doing it immediately. She was beginning to get a severe headache from her drinking, and Kim yelling at her wasn’t helping.

Kim looked at her, hurt reading on his face “I proposed to you this morning. And now you’re off making out with some random guy. I can’t believe you Rachel. I honestly thought that you were different. Well Rachel, you aren’t. You can get stuffed. Jaidyn and I are better off without you.” He snarled at her, before rushing out of the room, and driving to his home, the home he now shared with himself and his son. He looked at the adoption papers, crossing out the mothers name angrily. No way would he ever forgive Rachel. And no way would she ever call Jaidyn her son.

Rachel stumbled home, an hour later, struggling to get her head around everything. She was there, only to find her stuff on the front lawn, scattered everywhere and the house locked up, and she’d left her keys at home. She groaned, holding her throbbing head. She stumbled to Martha’s house and was relieved to see some lights on, and she was able to hear some distant chatting. She knocked on the door, and it was opened by Jack; he looked livid when he saw it was her.

“Get out of here.” He hissed angrily at her, furious “How dare you show up after what you’ve done?” He said.

Rachel looked at him, begging him “Jack, please.” She said, her speech slurred “Please.” She begged, but Jack was unrepentant.

“You’ve broken Kim’s heart, Rachel. He’s already sent off the adoption forms for Jaidyn – Your name isn’t on them. Kim is adopting as a single father who wants a child who he has bonded with, as Lee was his friend. He’s guaranteed to get him to. But you won’t. And Kim’s telling me that he wants the ring back.” He said forcefully.

Rachel felt tears pricking her eyes, and she took off the ring, and felt it being grabbed from her hand and the door being slammed in her face. She felt horrible, she felt used. She couldn’t believe she’d gone and stuffed things up this badly. She and Kim had had everything going in their favour; her legs healing, then Jaidyn needing parents, and then the engagement. Then she went and threw it all back in Kim’s face.

-------------------------------------

The next morning Rachel awoke to find herself on the beach; sleeping off her hangover. She grabbed her throbbing head, and laid back on the sand, thinking. She knew she’d stuffed up everything she’d had with Kim. She noticed a woman, walking along the beach. She was holding a small child, and was leading another small child, who looked around the age of four. Then it clicked. It was Martha, with Callie and Kiah. “Martha!” She called out, hurrying over to her.

Martha looked at the person calling her name, and groaned. What was Rachel doing even thinking of approaching her. Martha felt disgusted by what she’d done. Rachel had turned her whole life around a few years ago, and then she’d gone and stuffed up her reputation. The whole town knew, someone at the party had told Colleen, and now the whole town knew, Rachel was now officially in the town’s dog box. Nobody wanted to know her and more importantly, nobody wanted to hear her side of the story.

Rachel looked as Martha hurried away in the opposite direction, and she tripped and fell, falling to the ground sobbing into her hands. “Why did I do that?” She whispered to herself “Why did I cheat on Kim?” She asked, holding her head in her hands.

---------------------------------------

Kim was at Martha’s; they’d let him stay the night, they’d gotten out Kiah’s portable crib for Jaidyn. Now, Kim was holding Jaidyn in his arms. The beautiful seven month old baby was now officially Kim’s son. He’d gotten a phone call, telling him that they’d known and now he officially had a son; Jaidyn Kimberley Hyde. Kim smiled, he’d named Jaidyn’s middle name. There was a quiet knock on the door and Kim looked up, and upon seeing the visitor beckoned them into the room. It was Robbie and Tash, along with Scott and Hayley, and Ella and Noah, Noah being five and Ella being two.

Tash put her arm around Kim’s shoulder “Kim, I just want to say I’m really sorry about everything.” She said sympathetically “I know your hurting now but maybe this is proof that Rachel isn’t the right one for you. If she goes off after a few drinks with other men, then she’s not someone who can settle down.” She decided.

Hayley nodded her agreement “She wasn’t right for you. She’s a dirty cheater. I can’t believe she did this to you.” She said, her anger coming out. “And Kim, if you need any help with Jaidyn, anything at all, come to any of us.”

“That goes for me to.” Martha said quietly, walking in the door, holding Kiah and leading Callie “I’ll help you with him. Sasha’s staying here at the moment but you could probably stay here, we’ve got a four bedroom place, if you brought your bed we could turn the rumpus room into a spare room?” She suggested “We could help with Jaidyn, and Susie’s a godsend with the kids. She sometimes gets up to settle Kiah; I don’t know how she does it.” She said softly, smiling sadly at Kim “Speaking of your ex fiancé, I saw her down at the beach. Looks like she spent the night on the beach.” She said, before Jack also came in and saw everyone around.

Kim said with a sigh “Thanks guys. Mac, I think I’ll stay at home; the locks are being changed today, so she can’t get in. She left her keys at home last night anyway. Right now I just feel so humiliated. Here I was thinking we could start our own little perfect family with Jaidyn but I was wrong. She’s a selfish cow.” He said, angry.

Martha put a hand on his shoulder “She doesn’t even have any friends here anymore. Not even Irene sticks up for her, or Beth. Or anyone. Everyone I spoke to wonders why she’s still in the Bay.” She said calmly.

NEXT TIME: Will Rachel stay in the bay or will she leave?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Chapter Fifteen

It had been two weeks since that incident, and Rachel’s life certainly hadn’t gotten much better. She’d thought she’d found the perfect apartment, only to find that the person who was leasing it knew all about her and Kim. She’d gotten a door slammed in her face. She was now living in a cheap hotel, wondering how she’d let her life get this bad. She was on the beach, thinking, when she noticed someone approach her. She got up quickly from her sitting position and went to walk off when she realised the person was calling out to her, asking her to stop.

“Rachel, love, please just stop.” Irene Roberts asked of her fellow Summer Bay resident. “Please, love, I just want to talk.” She said.

Rachel turned around almost reluctantly. She looked unsurely at Irene, her face explaining what she’d been enduring these past two weeks.

Irene stopped beside her, giving her a sympathetic smile “Love, I was wonderin’ if you’d like to move into the apartment above the diner?” She asked her.

Rachel couldn’t believe her ears “Are you sure, Irene? I mean I just cheated on Kim!” She exclaimed “Everyone hates me, are you sure you want to do this?”

Irene looked at her “I know for a fact that you were plastered that night. And I, of all people, know what alcohol can make you do love. I’ve talked about it with Leah, and she’s okay with it.” She said seriously.

Rachel had to double check “Are you positive? I mean, I’m fine staying in a hotel.”

Irene looked at her “I heard you were leaving girlie. You were sick of it; you couldn’t handle it anymore so you decided to leave. So I decided I couldn’t let a good doctor like you leave. You made a mistake, sure enough; you shouldn’t be punished for it forever.” She said, touching Rachel’s shoulder.

Rachel smiled gratefully “Thanks Irene.” She said honestly “It means a lot that you’re willing to do this for me.” She said, giving the older woman a hug.

Irene returned the hug “Good, now bring your stuff over soon alright girlie?” She said, handing her the key before walking back off towards the diner.

Rachel smiled, looking at the key in her hand. The last few weeks had taken a toll on her, she looked pretty bad. She was often crying about someone’s most recent attack on her; she’d had some pretty bad things happen. She’d had her car written on, people were refusing to see her as a doctor, everything. She truly had been prepared to leave the bay, but Irene’s offer sounded good. And Leah didn’t seem to have a big problem with her, but Leah hadn’t been a big problem. She was Rachel’s best friend, after all. One of her best friends. Well, now she was one of her only friends .

------------------------------

Rachel had just unpacked in the diner apartment, smiling at the cosy room. She decided to be brave and head down for lunch. She went down, and saw Leah smiling at her so she smiled back “Thanks, for not hating me Leah.” She said quietly.

Leah smiled at her “No problem Rach. It’s not like I’ve never made a mistake.” She reminded her friend.

Rachel gave her a hug, before heading out, and nearly running into Colleen “Oh, sorry Colleen.” She apologised.

Colleen glared coldly at her “What do you think you’re doing, sticking your head in here? You live up there now, there are other ways of coming around here!” She huffed.

Rachel was about to head off back upstairs when she heard an angry voice.

“She doesn’t need you acting like that Colleen. Just leave her alone!” Said the voice.

Rachel turned around, and found out that the voice belonged to Beth, and that she was standing with Tony, Tilly and Jack, and they all seemed to be agreeing with Beth.

Rachel smiled and said in a small voice “Thanks.” She said quietly.

Jack looked at her, he had Kiah in his arms “Rach, we’re sorry about the way we’ve been acting.” He said, “You made a mistake, you know it. And it gets worse than that; we found out that Matthew had been getting someone to spike your drinks.” He explained.

Rachel looked angry “Sorry?” She said, angry “I can’t believe it. I did wonder why I got so drunk.” She said.

“He planned for someone to go running to Kim, he wanted you back but then you refused to see him, but at least that way nobody could have you.” He explained.

Suddenly Kim entered the diner, and when he saw Rachel he got a shock, but he had heard about the drugging story and he believed that Matthew O’Conner would get up to that. “Rachel.” He said, nodding to her, pushing Jaidyn along in the pram.

“Hello Kim.” She said softly, before heading into a booth. She was surprised when Kim sat down with her, before bringing now eight month old Jaidyn into his lap.

Kim looked at his old flame “Rach, I heard what he did to you, and I read about those drugs he gave you. You had no idea what was going on, so it wasn’t your fault.” He said quietly.

She didn’t even have the courage to look at him “Look, Kim, I don’t deserve this. I broke your heart and I lost Jaidyn, I mean, I really don’t deserve you caring about me.” She said honestly, preparing to get up but Kim pulled her back down.

“Rach, please. Look, can we at least be friends?” He asked, looking her in the eye.

She smiled shyly at him “I’d like that.” She said softly.

Jack and the others joined them and Tilly looked at Rach and Kim “Now that’s over, give me a hold.” She demanded, meaning she wanted Jaidyn.

Everyone was enjoying a nice meal, when suddenly Martha rushed in, panicking “I need some help. Someone just stole my car, and Callie was in the car!” She said, panicking, and Jack raced over to her, Tony and the rest were soon to follow, and soon people were searching everywhere, searching for their little girl..

--------------------------------------

Martha sat down, dull. Her daughter had just been taken, and all she was allowed to do was tell her story over and over again. She’d gotten out of the car to post some letters, so she parked the car, leaving Callie in the car, keys in the car but she didn’t expect anything to happen because she was just walking across a non busy road. However, someone had jumped in her car and driven off, and she’d run here. She’d spent all afternoon at the police station, as had their friends and relatives. Everyone was worried sick about Callie; she was only four!

Jack wasn’t allowed to work on the case, he was personally involved. He was frantic. He didn’t want to sit by, waiting for someone to find his daughter. He wanted to be out there, searching for her. At every phone call, he’d jump up and try to answer the phone, but Peter’s look would have him sitting down again. He’d tried bargaining with Peter “Pete, imagine this was Drew 16 years ago, a four year old innocent child without their parents. Please let me help, I want to bring my little girl home!” He said angrily, as Martha cradled Kiah to her chest.

Peter sighed as he looked at Jack “I know what I’d be going through, Jack, but you need to be patient. This isn’t helping anyone, Jack. I need to be out there. I know you want to help but the best thing you can do right now is stay with Martha and Kiah. We’ll bring her home.” He promised. “We’ll bring the car and Callie back safely.” He promised.

Martha broke in “We don’t care about the car; it’s Callie we’re worried about. Peter can’t we do anything?” She said, sobbing as Morag held her tight.

NEXT TIME: Will they find Callie?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Chapter Sixteen

Martha paced around the police station; Jack was sitting down with his head in his hands. It had been hours since they’d raced to the station, telling them what had happened. Nothing had changed. Worst of all, nobody had spotted her car, which frustrated her. Somebody had to have seen the car; it was a rental car, and wasn’t that good a one. She was just using it until her ute came back from the mechanics. She’d called the company and told them, but hadn’t bothered to listen to them argue with her about getting the car stolen, she had her daughter to worry about. Martha looked at her watch; it had been five hours since the car had gone missing, and still nothing. She suddenly felt a hand on her arm.

“Martha, please. Just sit down.” Jack begged of his girlfriend. It was paining him to know his daughter was missing, but it pained him even more to know that there was nothing he could do about it. He wished he could jump in his car, and drive around endlessly, searching for Callie but he knew nothing would come of it.

A group of people rushed into the police station; their relatives and friends. Martha and Jack were hugged and given many sympathies, but none of it mattered. Their daughter was missing and nobody even knew if the driver hadn’t killed her already.

--------------------------------

Tilly groaned as she leaned up, she’d fallen asleep. She looked over at Jack and Martha, Martha was leaning on Jack, both of them looked exhausted but she knew they wouldn’t get any sleep till Callie was back with them; where she belonged. “Sorry, I must’ve dozed off.” She apologised.

Martha looked across at her “Don’t worry, Till. You’ve only been asleep about half an hour.” She said tiredly “I haven’t been able to sleep at all, not that I’d want to. As soon as I hear where Callie is I’m going there.” She said seriously.

Suddenly McGrath came rushing out of the office, and announced “The car has been spotted a few hours from Summer Bay. Some people were hearing about it when they were driving along, and then saw the car. They confirmed that there was a small girl in the car, she was in the front seat.” He said. “We’re doing our best to make sure Callie is brought home safely.” He assured them.

Martha had looked a little happier at the prospect that he seemed to at least be taking care of Callie. She wondered if she was okay now, and if he’d done anything to her. She hoped to god nothing had happened to Callie.

The phone rang, and McGrath snatched up the phone, listening to the phone, and then his face turned pale. “That was the police force, where the car was spotted.” He said hesitantly, the news wasn’t good. He just didn’t want to be the one to deliver it.

---------------------------

Rachel sat restlessly at home; she hated this. She hated the fact that Callie was missing. Everyone that wasn’t allowed at the station had been generously invited back to Martha’s place, Jack had suggested it to Rachel and she’d agreed, before wishing them luck with Callie. Some, whom held the grudge against Rachel, had declined to turn up, namely Colleen and a few other narrow minded people. She heard crying; Jaidyn. She looked around but couldn’t see Kim anywhere, so she bit her lip, before deciding to go and tend to the young boy. She headed into the room, and sat on the bed, taking Jaidyn out of Kiah’s little crib. She held him securely in her arms, rocking him softly in her arms. She was disturbed by a sound at the door.

“I thought I’d find you here.” Said a familiar voice. Kim looked in at Rachel, smiling at her.

Rachel looked flustered “I’m sorry, he was just crying and I couldn’t see you.” She said, rushed. She went to hand Jaidyn to Kim “You’re his dad, you take him.” She said, ready to hand the baby over.

Kim didn’t take him “You’re his mother.” He said softly. “I lied; I added you to his birth certificate.” He said, looking at her.

She looked stunned “But, why? Kim, I don’t deserve this. I don’t deserve this beautiful baby to call my son!” She argued.

Kim walked over to her “Rach, yes you do. You can never have kids; and I know that what you did, you had no control over. So yes, Jaidyn is your son.” He said firmly “And, maybe we can get back together soon?” He asked her “If you want, put the ring back on. I know you carry it around.” He said, smiling “I love you Rach, and if you’ll have me, I’ll have you.”

Rachel stared after him, a smile growing on her face. Kim actually was prepared to take her back? She couldn’t believe it; she was completely and utterly thrilled. She looked at Jaidyn, smiling “I guess you knew that, didn’t you Jay?” She spoke fondly to the small baby. She took the ring out of her pocket, and slipped it on her ring finger, smiling at it. She felt complete.

Suddenly the door was flung open and in rushed Kit. She closed the door, glaring angrily at Rachel “How can you even show your face after what you did to Kim? You don’t deserve him!” She spat. “That baby shouldn’t be your son. He should be mine and Kim’s!” She hissed.

Rachel glared at her “Get out, Katherine. You’re not welcome here.” She said angrily. “Jaidyn is my son, not yours. He’s mine and Kim’s son. And there is nothing you can do about that.” She said smugly.

Kit’s dark eyes flashed. People had always said red heads have bad tempers; they were right. “You’re going to regret this, Rachel.” She said, she’d get her revenge on the doctor. She just had to prove to Kim that she was the better catch, the better fiancée, not Rachel.

------------------------

Rachel headed back into the room, Jaidyn in her arms. She was met by Kim, who looked at her from the other side of the room, and she waved at him, purposely using her left hand. She noticed his smile as he noticed the ring on her finger. It was then that Rachel noticed who he was talking to; Kit. She frowned, as Kim walked over to her.

Kim noticed her frowning at Kit. He looked at Kit, who looked equally unhappy. He groaned inwardly. Not again. This had happened too many times for his liking. First Kit with Hayley, now obviously Kit with Rachel. And both romances had involved a baby; except Hayley’s baby hadn’t been his. “What’s up?” He asked Rachel, as he headed over to her.

Rachel sighed “Kit doesn’t like me very much.” She admitted warily.

Kim nodded “She didn’t like Hayley either. She wants me to be with her.” He said with a loud sigh. “When Hayley and I became just friends, after the whole Noah thing, she began to try to get back with me. But, by then, you’d been in my life.” He said fondly “And I couldn’t get you out of my head.” He said, giving her a kiss.

Rachel smiled, returning the gesture “I did miss this.” She admitted, the kiss had been short and brief but she had loved it. But she knew that they were surrounded by people. Plus she had their son in her arms.

Kit looked over at them; they were the perfect happy couple, with a young son. She looked sour, she’d get him back. She just had to get Rachel out of the picture. She could already picture Jaidyn calling her mum, and she’d mother Kim’s children. Something Rachel would never be able to do. She noticed someone heading in her direction. A pretty brunette.

“Leave them alone.” She said, approaching Kit. “They are happy, and they have Jaidyn now. Stay out of their lives.” She said firmly, insisting that her friend’s relationship remain stable.

Kit smirked “And who are you to stick your nose in where it doesn’t belong?” She said with a laugh.

“Not that it’s any of your business, but I’m Sasha Macklin.” She said, glaring at her “And stay out of their lives.” She said again.

Kit was about to respond, but then saw Jared, her high school, best friend and ex boyfriend, head over and glared at Sasha to leave, but was surprised when Jared stood beside Sasha.

Jared smiled “Hello Kit!” He said warmly “I see you’ve met my girlfriend, Sasha.” He said smiling at his girlfriend.

Sasha smirked at her “Yes, we have been getting acquainted.” She said with a laugh.

Kit looked sourly at her; first she sticks her nose into Kit’s business, then she’s dating her ex!

When Jared was called away, Sasha smiled sweetly at Kit “What’s the matter, can’t handle your old boyfriend moving on?” She said with another smirk. She had Martha’s similar attitude.

Kit glared at her, before rushing off, leaving Sasha looking victorious.

NEXT TIME: Will Callie be found? And will Kit break up both her ex’s relationships?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Chapter Seventeen

Martha looked at Jack, tears streaming unchecked down her face. She gave out a gasp, she couldn’t believe it, no, and she refused to believe it.

Peter looked sympathetically at her; it would be hard, hearing news like that about your child. He touched her shoulder gently “Martha, if you’d like, you and Jack can go into my office.” He said sympathetically.

Jack nodded to his boss, taking Martha’s hand and taking Kiah. They were soon in the room, Martha crying into Jack’s chest. He too, was deeply saddened but he knew that he had to support Martha. He knew she was blaming herself. But he didn’t know just how badly Martha was feeling.

She was shaking her head to herself, thoughts running around in her head frantically. She looked at Jack “If only I hadn’t left the car running; maybe she’d be okay. If I had of brought her out of the car with me, it’s my entire fault. I should never have done that, I can’t believe it! I probably just killed my own daughter by leaving her there!” She said hysterically. She was getting really worked up, and the fact of having a two month old baby to add to her stress wasn’t helping. The pain was engulfing her, and she saw no way out of it. She remembered a year and a half ago; the car accident that nearly took her life. Sure she’d suffered heart problems and her heart would be weaker but at least she was alive. But not Callie. No. They’d found the car, totalled, they had found the driver; he was dead. They’d found blood. And Martha knew Callie couldn’t have survived it. She was getting worse and worse by the second, and she noticed the door open.

Peter walked in, a piece of paper in hand and she gulped, praying it wasn’t Callie’s death certificate. He looked at them calmly.

“Good news, the blood doesn’t match Callie’s.” He said gently, looking at the couple “We’ve got a team searching for Callie, with any luck we should find her. She’ll be hungry, exhausted and terrified, but she’ll hopefully be alive.” He said, passing the news on to the young parents.

Jack looked at him in near disbelief; they’d doubted if their child was alive, and now they’d been told the blood wasn’t hers. He knew it was a miracle she’d survived the crash, but let alone survive it in a good enough condition to somehow get out of the car?

Peter’s phone rang and he answered it quickly, a smile spreading over his face “Good news, you two. They’ve found your little girl. Apparently she was in the backseat, in the middle. The car was totalled, but somehow she was fine. She’s alive and well, however she’s terrified, hungry, exhausted but refusing to even eat until she’s back with you two.” He said gladly. He was happy the news he was passing on was good. He had two kids, a boy and a girl, with Claire, and he knew what he’d be like if this was his little girl or boy.

Martha looked at Jack, thrilled to pieces. Now they just had to wait for her to arrive.

------------------------------

It had been two hours since they’d received the call, and Martha was pacing. Sasha had offered to mind Kiah, and she’d gratefully accepted. She looked at her watch for the hundredth time.

Jack smiled at her “She’ll be here soon.” He said cheerfully.

Martha looked at him “I know, but I just, I miss her.” She said.

Fitsy smiled as she got out of the car; she held the little girl in her arms. When she’d seen Callie, walking in the bush, covered in scratches and a few bruises, she’d screamed out the little girl’s name in joy, before racing over to her, being the first to reach her. She was close to Jack and Martha, therefore close to their children. She remembered as they both ran to each other, and before they walked off, Callie had shyly asked the older woman if she could carry her; she was tired and her legs hurt. She’d gladly agreed, and hadn’t let go of her since, and couldn’t wait until Jack and Martha saw her.

The door to the police station opened, and in walked Fitsy, with Callie held securely in her arms. The child did indeed look terrified and she was clinging to Fitsy, who was obviously protective of the child.

The little girl, who was half asleep, looked up sharply at the sight of her parents. She saw them, her small face lighting up at the sight of her mother racing over to her; her father close behind.

Martha took the child off Fitsy, holding her tightly. She felt Jack behind her, hugging them both closely.

----------------------------

Jack smiled at Fitsy “Thanks. I’m glad you were there.” He said, he’d just been told the story; they were all in Peter’s office.

Fitsy smiled “I’m just glad I could help. I don’t think I’ll ever forget seeing her roaming through the bush, calling out for her mummy.” She said softly.

Jack smiled, and looked at her; she was in Martha’s arms, wide awake. “Apparently she’s already been checked out?” He inquired.

“Yes, an ambulance travelled to her, she’s been given the all clear. She’s ready to go home.” Said Fitsy, relieved that this nightmare was all over with, finally.

---------------------------

Martha walked up to the house, it was dark “I think Kim’s asleep.” She said, Callie had clambered into her arms when they were leaving, so she’d carried her. She’d even sat in the backseat with her.

Jack opened the door, and got a huge shock.

”SURPRISE!” Screamed out the whole of Summer Bay.

Jack grinned as the lights came on; a banner had been erected “WELCOME HOME CALLIE!” He heard voices say to the four year old, who was in her mum’s arms.

Callie looked around, happy. She was surrounded by friends and family, and she couldn’t be happier. The ordeal had taken a lot out of her, but she was finally happy to be home. She felt herself being lowered as her mum put her closer to the ground, preparing her to stand, but she panicked, wrapping her legs around her mum’s waist firmly and clinging to her neck.

Martha realised that Callie didn’t want to be separated from her, and truth be told she didn’t either. But her arms were tiring, and she was already kind of tired.

Jack noticed Callie’s fright, so he quickly walked to her side and reached out his arms, pulling her into his strong arms.

Callie looked relieved, and cuddled up closer to her father. She was terrified at the thought of being out of either of their arms, even for one minute. She clung to her dad.

--------------------------

Finally, the party was over and everyone was gone. They’d cleaned up, and Jack was tending to Kiah before bed. Martha was putting Callie to bed.

Martha kissed her goodnight softly “Goodnight my angel.” She said fondly, putting the exhausted girl’s hair behind her head. Martha smiled, as she noticed Callie fall asleep.

Martha yawned as she prepared to ready for bed, changing quickly. Jack was already changed, and she snuggled up to him “Thanks for today.” She said softly.

Jack smiled “You’re very welcome. I’m just glad we’ve got our girl back.” He said smiling.

“Well, she’s not going anywhere. I doubt I’ll be letting her out of my sight for a few days.” She admitted.

They’d been talking for about half an hour when they heard a scream from Callie’s room, and the girl quickly ran into their room and threw herself on the bed, sobbing.

Martha immediately noticed her and pulled her in-between herself and Jack. She held her tightly, securely. Slowly, she settled down but it took half an hour to settle her down.

Jack was upset; he hated seeing her like this. He said softly “Baby girl, did you have a nightmare?” He asked softly.

She nodded, her face tear streaked as she clung to her parents even more. She remembered it. The accident. The breaks screeching. The man yelling. She’d been fine; she’d ducked, staying low as glass shattered around her. Then she’d crawled out the window and ran.

Martha held her, soothingly whispering to her. Telling her everything would be okay.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Chapter Eighteen

Martha sighed as she stirred in bed, rolling over. She was no longer very tired, just drowsy. She looked at the clock and groaned to herself. It was 9:30. She’d been asleep for hours. She looked beside her, seeing Jack and Callie curled up. She smiled, Callie looking sweet and innocent. She threw the covers up, standing up. She walked out into the living room, yawning.

She’d been in there for about 10 minutes before she saw Jack walk in, rubbing his eyes. She smiled softly at him “Did I wake you?” She said, kissing him.

He yawned “Yes, but I think it’s about time I got up anyway.” He said, smiling at her. He got the bread and put it on, getting ready for a breakfast of toast.

They were sitting down, chewing slowly and talking when Callie came in. She was hugging her teddy bear tightly, she looked slightly worried, and she didn’t know where her parents are. She walked over to them.

Martha pulled her into her lap; hugging her close.

Jack got a phone call and he groaned inwardly “I don’t know if I can, sir-” he began, but was obviously cut off by the person on the other end.

Martha listened from her side, she heard Jack’s sigh as he hung up before looking at her. “What’s up?” She asked, looking at him expectantly.

He looked at her “I gotta go to work. Will you be okay with the girls today?” He asked, as he got up.

She smiled softly “Of course I’ll be fine Jack. We have two very good daughters.” She said.

“Good.” He said with a grin, as he walked outside.

---------------------------------

Jack walked into the station, he was elated and the first person he saw was Fitsy. He smiled at her in greeting.

“Hello Jack.” She said, looking at him “How’s Callie doing?” She asked, concerned. She knew Callie had been distraught over what had happened, and she’d been a bit worried about how she’d go.

Jack sighed “Well, she had a huge nightmare and came running into our bed.” He admitted “I don’t know what to do, she’s obviously traumatised.” He said with a sigh.

McGrath came out “Ah good, you’re here.” He said, looking triumphant.

Jack frowned “I said I’d be here.” He said evenly. He wasn’t happy with McGrath. He knew that Jack needed to be there for Martha and Callie yet he’d called him in anyway.

McGrath rose his eyebrows “Jack, we need to talk.” He said, leading him into his office “Alright, now, an undercover position has come up, and we need you to take it. Your one of the best we have.” He said.

Jack looked surprised “Sorry, boss, I don’t know if I can take it.” He said.

McGrath looked stunned “Jack, I remember you used to always take the riskiest jobs, everything. What’s happened?” He asked, confused.

Jack laughed in disbelief “I’ve got a family, sir. When you have a family you take fewer risks.” He snapped at his boss.

“Attitude, Holden. Watch it.” He warned him. “Well, I’m sorry but you’re taking this position. You’ll be gone for a few weeks, maybe even a few months. We need to catch this guy.” He said adamant that Jack do it. He was the one that McGrath wanted to do this job.

Jack looked frustrated “Sorry, boss, I can’t do it.” He said firmly.

McGrath glared at him “Holden you’re taking this job. I know you can do this. But if you aren’t dedicated to being a police officer I’m sure you could always find a nice little job in a café.” He snapped.

Jack groaned inwardly. He and Martha were comfortable with their money; but Martha hadn’t been able to work since the baby had come. And she had her hands full for another full year until Callie started school. Until then, Martha and he had decided she’d be a stay-at-home mum. Being a police officer had decent pay so they were fine, and they had their savings to fall back on. He sighed; he knew he couldn’t lose his job “I’ve got to talk to Martha about it.” He said. McGrath let him because he knew that Martha would need to know.

McGrath said “So, you’ll be in Melbourne. This guy has to be handled right Jack, and so you know what to do. Peter is arranging this and suggested you. You and Peter will be in there together. We’ve sent other people in undercover; it’s you and Peter’s turn. You’re going to pretend to be brothers, Peter and Jack Forrester. You can contact Martha and the girls, but not to often. It’ll cause suspicion. You’ll get a fair bit of extra money to help Martha with not having you around.” He started ranting on, Jack groaning inwardly once more.

----------------------------

He walked in the front door slowly. He didn’t want to be the one to tell Martha this. How was he supposed to leave her and the girls for a few weeks that could turn into months? He sighed as he saw her; she was preparing a sandwich for Callie, who was staying close to her mother’s side.

Martha smiled in surprise at Jack “Hey!” She said fondly, coming over to give him a hug.

“Hi.” He said hesitantly “Callie, can you go play with your toys?” He asked her, she nodded and quietly walked off “Look, Martha, there’s something I need to tell you. McGrath told me that I have to take an undercover job. If I don’t, I’ll lose my job and we both know that can’t happen.” He said sadly.

Martha looked stunned, but she was okay “It won’t be for long.” She said, trying to remain positive.

Jack looked hesitant “Martha, it could be weeks it could be months. But I have no choice. He’ll fire me if I don’t do this. And he’s said he’ll give you a heap more money with my pay to help you and the girls. And you have dad and Luc. And Alf, Ric, Morag. Trust me I don’t want to do this. I’ve arranged for him to give me a bit of money and you the rest. All I need money for is food and whatever else. Rent and that is paid for.” He said, looking at her.

She sat down, taking it all in. “I don’t know.” She said slowly then she looked at him “Take it Jack.” She said with a sigh. “By the way you told me, I know you don’t want to take it. And you’re right; you can’t lose your job. So take it. So I might not see you for months?” She said sadly, hugging him tightly.

He sighed; he held her firmly in his hands “You mightn’t, but remember if an emergency happens I want to know, and I’ll see if I can come down. Just remember, there are no promises I can come down, but I’ll do my absolute best.” He promised her.

She smiled “I know. I believe you because of the look in your eye. You no longer take the risky jobs; I hear Fitsy talk about the latest robbery she went on, and she says you gave it to one of the others.” She said, smiling at him.

“It’s what having a family to look after does to you. I can’t remove myself from the equation. I have to be around.” He insisted.

She smiled “When do you have to leave?” She asked.

“Almost immediately.” He said with a groan. “Me and Peter are pretending to be brothers.” He said, rolling his eyes “At least me and Pete can get along. He’s a good bloke” He said

“I’m glad you think that Jack. But now, mate, we gotta hit the road.” Said Peter’s voice from the door.

Jack whirled around; surprised “Pete, I thought I had longer.”

He shook his head “Sorry mate. Believe me I didn’t want to go either. I don’t want to leave Claire with Jess and Mark. But I, like you, was ordered to come by McGrath.” He said, his annoyance showing in his face “Headquarters said since I was running it I should do it, and suggested you. Mate I had no say. This happened before the Callie incident.” He said, sighing “Speaking of Callie, how is she?” He asked. Most of the station was concerned about Callie.

“She’s alright, mate. Anyway, so I better go pack.” He said, walking off quickly.

Peter smiled at Martha as he headed over to her “Sorry about this.” He apologised.

Martha smiled at him “Don’t apologise. You couldn’t have done anything. I’ll be fine. Besides, Claire and I are great buddies, we can go over the others houses. Jess is basically the same age as Callie and Mark is two, so we’ll be fine.” She said reassuringly.

He smiled “Thanks Martha. Fortunately both you and Claire saw it the same way.” He said, before Jack came hurrying out.

“I’m ready.” He said breathlessly “The flight leaves soon so we gotta run. I’ve said bye to Callie and Kiah, so we’re all good.” He said, before giving Martha a kiss and heading out the door.

She sighed as she watched him leave. She’d be raising their children for the next few months, by herself.

It was two hours later, and Martha headed down to the diner, feeling sad without Jack. She was giving Callie a piggy-back to the diner, they were walking along the beach, and Tony had heard about Jack and asked if he could mind Kiah. She’d agreed, so now it was her and Callie.

Callie giggled on her mother’s shoulders. She was thrilled, she knew she’d miss her daddy but she had the best mummy she could ask for.

Jack sighed on his way to the airport. He and Pete were in the same, gloomy moods. They pulled in and soon were ready to board.

“Flight 815 to Melbourne now boarding…”

NEXT TIME: How does Martha cope with two young children?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!!

Chapter Nineteen

Martha sighed as she glanced at the phone again, willing it to ring. Jack’s plane should have landed by now, but she hadn’t received a call from him. He’d told her that he’d call her when he landed; if he didn’t someone from the police station would. She checked her watch. He should have landed forty-five minutes ago! She gave up and picked up the phone, ringing him. Again, the call went to message bank, which was odd considering he’d has his phone on him, fully charged, and they didn’t make you turn it off on the plane, at least she didn’t think they did. She considered ringing the plane company but decided to give Jack a bit longer. It was now 9:30PM and the girls were in bed. She jumped at the sound of gentle padding feet along the wooden flooring, and smiled when she realised it was Callie. “Hey sweetheart.” She said softly.

Callie looked at her mother drowsily. She had wrapped herself in a blanket and had on her dressing gown and slippers. She walked over to Martha.

She picked her up with ease, noticing the girl’s expression “Callie what’s wrong?” She asked, concerned.

“Mummy, you seem sad.” Came the drowsy reply. “I want Daddy back.” She said loftily.

Martha sighed as she walked over to the couch “I’m sorry, sweetheart, but Daddy won’t be back for a while.” She said “But when he calls, you can talk to him.” She promised her.

They spent the rest of the night on the couch, both eventually drifting off to sleep. The call never came.

The next morning Martha woke up, light streaming through the house. She had Callie in her lap, and the child was sleeping peacefully. She rubbed her eyes, smiling. Then she remembered. She’d never gotten that phone call. She was filled with fear and dread, yet she knew she’d have to remain strong for Callie and Kiah. She noticed Callie wake up, and she smiled at the young girl. “Morning.” She said fondly.

Callie yawned, stretching “Morning.” She said drowsily, getting up to go and get a drink.

The phone rang and Martha shot up to answer it, and a look of relief dawned on her face “Thank God Jack!” She said breathlessly. She hugged the phone to her ear, listening to Jack’s explanations but she said softly “As long as you eventually called me I’m fine.” She said, smiling to herself. She felt a tug on her nightgown and she smiled at Callie “Jack, Callie is desperate to say hello.” She said, handing the phone down.

Callie grinned “Daddy!” She squealed. She listened to her dad and talked for about ten minutes before she reluctantly let Martha have the phone.

She smiled as she and Jack talked for another half an hour, then Jack got called away “Stay safe Jack!” She warned.

--------------------------------

Two months had passed since that eventful day, and everything was going well on both sides, they were close to catching the drug dealer.

Martha smiled as she cooked Callie breakfast. She put five month old Kiah in her highchair and began to feed her, while Callie’s breakfast was cooking. She’d gotten used to living like a single mum, and she’d been told regularly about Jack and how he was. And she’d sent photos for them to give to Jack, when they could. She hadn’t been able to speak to Jack for two months and she hated it. She looked at Callie, talking to Kiah and she really could see Jack in Callie. There was a knock at the door and she rushed up to get it. She opened the door and smiled “Fitsy, come in.” She invited her, smiling.

Fitsy smiled as she entered the room, seeing Callie with Kiah. “How are you handling them?” She asked Martha, who smiled.

“Callie’s an amazing help. I just hope Jack comes home soon, it’s Callie’s fifth birthday in six months, I know it’s a long time but who knows how long he’ll be gone for, and he has to be here for that.” She said, sounding sad “He’d kill himself for missing out on Callie’s birthday. I mean, it’ll be her first one with him.” She said with a sigh.

Fitsy looked at her, sympathetic “Yeah I know. But I can tell you it’s harder for him than you. You have the girls; he only has Peter for company.” She smirked. “And I know he misses you, he adored the photos you sent him.” She said “And he gave me this, to give you.” She said, handing Martha a few letters. “Sorry, Martha, but I’ve got to get back to work.” She said, before heading out the door.

Martha looked at the letters, smiling. She quickly served Callie’s breakfast and sat on the lounge reading hers. It made her realise just how much she missed Jack.

It had been another three months since she’d seen Jack, she there was no sign she’d see him anytime soon. She sighed, she was starting to get sick of this, and as Jack’s letters had become more and more frequent, she knew this was hard for him. She hadn’t spoken to him in five months. She sighed as she began to scrub the dishes. She heard a knock at the door and smiled when she saw it was Fitsy. She gestured for her to come in, and Fitsy came in, looking sad, nervous and upset.

Martha frowned “What’s wrong?” She asked concerned.

Fitsy looked uneasy “Martha there’s never an easy way to say this. Okay. Well, Melbourne police finally managed to catch the thieves, and so they went over there and there was a problem. One of the guys ran off, to get a gun, so they got their guns, and then two guys rounded the corner, and one in the chest and another in the back. I’m sorry; Martha, but Jack got shot in the back and Peter got shot in the chest.” She said softly.

Martha stood there, shattered. She couldn’t believe it; no she refused to believe it. She just stood there, looking.

Fitsy said quietly “He’s still alive, so is Peter. We’re doing our best to get them transferred here.” She said softly. “You probably don’t care but we caught them, so Jack should be okay.” She said.

“Just go, Lara.” Martha finally said. She needed to be alone.

Fitsy bit her lip; nodding “Okay.” She said softly.

Martha broke down, she couldn’t lose Jack. He had so much to live for, he was only twenty eight. She lay, sobbing, on the floor.

-------------------

An hour had passed since she’d gotten the news and she saw sitting on the couch, dully. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and in came Claire, with Jess and Mark. Martha put her arms around her friend as she came to her, both trying to appear strong in front of the kids.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, and in rushed Kim “Martha, Claire! Jack and Peter are at the hospital, you’ve been told but they are there.” He said breathlessly.

Martha shot up, and looked fearful. However she ran into her room, taking the stuff she’d need for her and the kids at the hospital. She raced out, holding eight-month-old Kiah. She grabbed Kiah’s hand and the pram. She threw the stuff in her car, Claire in her own; they couldn’t waste time installing another baby seat for Mark.

------------------------

Martha raced in, Tony was there. She looked at him, desperate for answers.

Tony sighed, looking fretful “He’s in cardiac arrest!” He said, panicking.

Martha put her hand to her face, and she saw Beth come in, and take Kiah from her, and she smiled gratefully. They stayed like that for a while, until Rachel came out.

“Martha, we got him stable.” She said.

Martha breathed a sigh of relief “Thank god.” She said, shakily.

Rachel looked at her “He’s critical but you can see him.” She said, indicating to the room.

Martha headed in, taking Callie’s hand. She’d told her it would be a shock, and she’d said she could handle it. She gasped when she saw Jack. He was attached to many monitors and she felt tears in her eyes but she knew she had to be strong for Callie. She took Jack’s hand in hers, willing him to wake up.

NEXT TIME: Will Jack and Peter be okay?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

NOTE: Changing Sasha’s name, simply because I hate her name like that. Sasha, so it’s similar is her new one. I mean, it’s just not me. I never intended Susie/Sasha to be permanent.

Chapter Twenty

Martha sat by the hospital bed, waiting. She sighed, there hadn’t been any change and they didn’t know what condition he’d be in when he did wake up. She’d been here for about two hours. There was a quiet knock at the door.

“Martha, I’m sorry but you’ll need to leave for half an hour while we do some tests on Jack.” Chester said softly.

She nodded silently and got up and left the room, there she saw Callie and Kiah, and her friends, the Hunter’s/Holden’s, and Ric and Alf and everyone. Mark and Jess were with Dan and Leah.

Kit looked sympathetically at Martha, she’d become rather good friends with her since her relationship to Jack, as Beth and Tony had become close, as had Tilly and Lucas. She put her arm around Martha, saying kind words to the young mum.

Callie came and sat on Kit’s lap, as her mother was leaning down. She’d rather be in her mum’s arms, but Kit would do.

Kit smiled; she stroked the young girl’s hair “its okay sweetie. Your daddy will be fine.” She assured her.

Suddenly a voice was heard “Mac, I just heard!” Sasha said, rushing over to her sister. She noticed Callie and Kit; she gave Kit a sour look but reached out to Callie “Callie, sweetheart, come with me.” She said softly.

Kit frowned at her “She’s fine with me.” She said firmly.

But Callie had chosen. She wanted her aunty “Aunty Sasha!” She said desperately, pulling herself into Sasha’s arms as she wrapped her arms around her neck while Sasha rocked her, soothing her.

Kit sat, stunned. She wished that Callie hadn’t chosen Sasha over her, now that girl had something that she wanted badly, the love of Callie.

Sasha held her niece tight; she noticed Kit’s look and she smiled smugly at her. Fortunately nobody else in the room noticed the tensions between the girls. She went and sat beside Martha, pulling her sister into her arms “Its gunna be okay.” She said softly “Jack will be okay.” She assured her “He’s strong, he’s a battler. He’ll get through this.” She said, pulling her into another hug.

Kit gave her another sour look, before turning to Tony “Want me to take Kiah?” She asked softly, she wanted to hold the baby, she hadn’t really had a chance to hold her and she was now eight months.

Suddenly there was a voice at the door “Martha.” Chester said “He’s asking for you and the girls. We’ll also allow five other people.” He said.

Martha nodded to Tony and Luc, as she took Kiah from Tony, telling them to go in. She nodded to Beth and Tilly, and then she looked at Sasha and Kit, sitting beside each other.

Both women took it as a sign for them and they both got up, and Kit glared at her “He’s basically my brother.” She said, as to make her sit down.

Martha shook her head “Sorry, Kit. I’d like Susi to come in.” She said, indicating to her sister to join her.

Sasha held Callie tightly, before walking in.

-------------------------

“Hey.” Martha said, grasping her boyfriends hand tightly “Jack never do that to me again!” She demanded of him.

Jack smiled slightly “I’ll try not to.” He promised.

She smiled, giving him a kiss.

Callie looked at her dad, her eyes tearstained. She’d been fighting inside the whole time and nobody had known. She remembered seeing her mother lying on a hospital bed, similar to the way Jack had been. She couldn’t stay in the room, she had to get out. She couldn’t see her dad die like she saw her mum die, she just couldn’t. She whimpered and suddenly ran from the room.

Martha whirled around when she heard Callie’s running feet. She gasped and handed Kiah to Tony before bolting after her, Sasha not far behind. Kit had already raced after her. Martha stopped at the exit, whirling around looking for her but with no avail. Callie was nowhere to be seen “Callie!” She screamed out.

Meanwhile Kit was chasing her down the park next to the hospital. She managed to catch the hysterical four year old and hold her back. She cradled her in her arms, soothing her.

-----------------------------

Martha had been driving for ages, and still no sign. She knew everyone from the hospital was looking for her, everyone knew what state Callie was in. She sighed as she began walking across the park from the car park, when she saw Kit’s red head, and a familiar brown haired child “Callie!” She screamed, racing to her.

Callie threw her head up when she heard Martha’s scream, and she saw her running toward her, relief written on her face. She ran to her.

Martha caught the sobbing four year old, holding her tightly. She turned to Kit, who had approached “Kit, can you go tell everyone’s she’s alright?” She asked softly, stroking Callie’s head.

Kit nodded quietly and walked to the hospital. Everyone had met up, searching, as they stood in Jack’s room as he was fretting for her. She said softly “She’s with Martha in the park.” She said quietly.

Meanwhile, Martha and Callie were now sitting on the bench, Callie lying in Martha’s lap telling Martha her reasons.

“When my mummy died, she was taken to hospital.” She said, sniffing “She was lying just like daddy was, really still and attached to all these machine things. I can’t lose him, mummy!” She said, grabbing hold of Martha tightly “Then they said that I was coming to Summer Bay, to be with you and daddy.” She said, clinging to Martha.

They lied like that for hours; she was just stroking her head. Kit had told them that Callie needed to be alone with Martha, and didn’t need heaps of people around her. Martha looked at her watch and realised they’d been here for three hours “Callie, sweetie. Why don’t we go back to Daddy now?” She said softly.

Callie violently shook her head “I can’t!” She said, her voice wavering. “I just can’t.” She sobbed.

Martha stroked her head “I know it’s hard, angel, but you need to. Daddy’s going to be fine. He’ll take some time but he’ll be fine.” She assured the little girl.

“Mummy, I can’t.” She repeated.

Martha nodded gently to her, kissing the top of her head softly “Fine sweetie.”

“Mummy, I want to go home.” She said plainly “Please, take me home.” She begged.

Martha knew it was what Callie needed, so she sighed as she got up, taking her in her arms and heading to the car. She’d ring them when Callie was in bed.

------------------------

Martha kissed Callie’s head “Goodnight Princess.” She said softly. They’d gotten home an hour ago, and she’d had some dinner before going to bed.

Callie nodded sleepily, before rolling over with her little teddy her dad had given her, she’d named her Jana.

Martha gently closed the door, before heading over to the phone.

Jack’s mobile began ringing. Jack, who was now awake and better, grabbed the phone. He noticed it was Martha and picked it up “Martha is she okay?” He asked breathlessly “When’s she coming back?” He said, wincing slightly in pain.

Martha’s voice came over as Jack put her on loudspeaker “Jack, she might not come back for a few days. This brought back memories of Jana.” She said softly “Apparently she saw Jana, as you were, and then she got told to leave and then she was told she was coming to Summer Bay with us.” She said with a sigh “I tried to get her to come, but she just kept saying she couldn’t, Jack. She’s asleep; it’s what she needs now.” She said softly.

Jack sighed, why did this always have to happen “So you have no idea when she’s going to come?” He said, groaning “I need to see her.” He said desperately.

Martha’s voice came over “Jack I can’t force her.” She argued.

Jack sighed “I know, I know.” He said, hitting his head with his hand “Well, stay with her then.” He said, sighing.

Suddenly everyone in the hospital heard loud cries from the other end of the phone and Martha’s hurried voice “I’ve got to go Jack, its Callie!” She said hurriedly and then the phone went dead.

Martha hung up the phone quickly, as Callie came rushing out, her face red and her eyes tearstained. Martha grabbed her into her arms, whispering soothing words to her. She didn’t even have to ask. She knew it was nightmares, maybe Callie was even remembering the accident. Martha wondered why everything was happening, didn’t they deserve happiness?

NEXT TIME: Kit, Rachel and Sasha have it out! And, will Callie go and see Jack?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Archived