One on One Archive

Guest Amir

Emily:

I love the 2 pics in this icon, and the use of greyscale. Overall, this icon looks fab, and I love it!

aejdude:

I like this too, but it looks a bit to coloured, bright and contrasted. I like it, but too much IMO. But I do like the text! Overall good.

My vote is to Emily

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Emily- - The bottom picture fits well,but not the top,the bottom of her face is just cut off and thats the first thing i noticed..I like the writing but it seems alittle low down..

aejdude - I like that it is bright and that the shadows stand out really well..I do like the writing,but feel its alittle blurred..

aejdude gets my vote.

OK here goes:

Battle #1

This is a really tough one as they are both really good!

Princess jessik – The icon is nicely cropped and angled and I like the colouring of the hair and eyes. However, the skin tones are a little too pink IMO and I feel it is missing ‘something’ – possible a brush or a border?

Jessa Belle - I love the colouring and I think the border is really nice and fits well with the icon. The only slight problems are that it would be better if the image was sharper and I feel the text dominates the icon too much when I think it should be the image that is the primary focus.

Overall my vote goes to …..Jessa Belle

Battle #2

Emily – Because of the ‘similarities’ with sevenpuddings icon it is very difficult for me to comment on this one, but I think enough has been said on that subject already. I think the images you have used are too alike, as she has a similar expression in both of them. I think the images used in these kind of icons need to be contrasting, whether they be the same person or different people. Also, I think it is a bit ‘flat’ due to the lack of contrast in both images. However, I like your wording ‘wicked witch’, I think that accurately describes Amanda as I personally can’t stand the character!!

aejdude – I really like the colouring and cropping of the image and I think that placing the text off the blue bar was a good idea. However, I do think that the contrast is slightly too much as it causes the icon to lose a little bit of detail.

Overall my vote goes to…. aejdude

Voting for battles 1 and 2 are now closed. The winners are; [.jessa-belle.] and aejdude, which proceed to the next round. Well done everyone else!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's battle #3.

Mercury_Girl vs. Sevenpuddings

Topic: Nature

Graphic: Icon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mercury_Girl's entry:

poppyie3.png

Sevenpudding's entry:

challengeentrymg7.png

Voting will close on 15th October.

Ok, this is tough because you are both really good. :)

1st Icon - The colouring is fantastic, the lighting is fantastic, and the text goes well with the avatar it's the right colour so it fits in *perfectly*.

2nd Icon - The colouring is really good, the lighting is good so it only really comes down to the text, i like the word free as it does fit in however saying that i think that the avatar could look even better with a different font as i don't think this font flows as well as it could do. That's the only thing i can pick up on. :)

In Mar's icon, the font is perfect as it kind of fits on to the icon just to give it's finishing touch :wink:.

In Jess's icon, i think i'd prefer it either with no text or a calligraphy font like JaneAusten or something like that as i think that would go better with the avatar but this is only my opinion others may think differently.

So vote goes to Mercury_Girl

Mercury_Girl - I like the solid red standing out and the background being faded apart from at the side..I also like the light on the right of the avatar and the font.

Sevenpudding - I like the cloud and the font and it blending in,but i feel like the blue sky and the butterfly are too bold for the rest of it.

Mercury_Girl gets my vote.

Merc - Great icon, everything works really well - the colours, text and composition.

Sevenpuddings - I like the idea and the way the background goes from grey to while to blue but I feel that the the 3 seperate elements - the background, butterfly and text - are a little 'unconnected' and not working as well together as they could.

So my vote goes to Mercury Girl

Archived