Martha and Jack

Guest Martha and Jack Forever

I agree with what Frankie said. IMO, they're over-hyped because of their looks, and by the fact that (I don't mean any offence in saying this) maybe younger viewers will find their relationship attractive, because it's the kind of boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy and girl live happily ever after, that some viewers like. I'm not saying it's wrong, or less intelligent to like these kinds of storylines, I'm as much of a romantic as the next person, they're just not my cup of tea. And they have no chemistry either. They're not very deep or multilayered as characters. And the other, final, thing that annoys me about them as a couple is that the writers made it blindingly obvious from day one that they were "made for each" other, and then after that no other character really stood a chance. That's why I think it would be virtually impossible to pair them up with anyone else; IMO, they'll always be known as "JackandMartha".

Rant over. .<.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit, although they aren't my favourite couple (can't wait for Ric and Matilda), i do have a soft spot for Jack and Martha as i think they do suit each other quite well and i like them together and i like them apart as indivduals (prefer them together though). They are both extremely good looking, but then isn't everyone in Summer Bay. I would like to see more depth to their relationship though like a drama that centres on just them two rather on them and the rest of the town, maybe more dramas but ultimately getting through them together rather than take the easy way out and keep splitting them up and putting them back together then repeating it again and again.

But you dont anymore so thats the main thing :D

I want to say something but it'll spoil it for non-aussie viewers <_<

I hope Martha dumps Ash when she finds out about his sorrid past, and then she gets jealous of Jack and Sam's relationship, and starts to realise just how much she is in love with him and wants him back, and then Jack'll dump Sam and Jack and Martha can get back together.

Even though the writers arent nice enough to do that, theres no harm in wishful thinking :D

Archived