Prisoner Cell Block H

Guest aussiefan83

I am going to jump in where angels fear to tread here... tongue.gif ...what do you make of the UK imitation...Bad Girls?.....Is imitation the sincerest form of flattery or is it a thorn in the side?

Why should that be feared Frankie..it a naturall comparrison between the uk..soap and Aussies best aus drama

Is that question for ME Frankie?

I have only seen a couple of eps and it does nothing for me I'm afraid.... on the other hand I thought OZ was brilliant. Bad Girls just.....dunno....maybe triies too hard without any real emotional core....and what I loved on Prisoner was the no makeup ugly women who could still make you fall in love with them....because of what they were like inside.

But I'm not sure you can say Bad girls is a copy of Prisoner....just the same genre....any more than Casualty or All Saints is a copy of ER>

INMOP; Bad girls cannot compare in the way it is played in the realistic view from women on the inside as in the way prisoner did.. every woman was a real woman ..the way they looked did'nt controll the show..it was the actreses and they looked like every day women. in focused on the realism of the fact of its tendency towards the real world.

Coral im not good at explaining myself , so if you get me ?

I do indeed -

It was over the top realism...but it was always REAL.... Those characters were so real to me - I wept buckets over them and still miss them all this time later.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will never be another show like PCB-H! It had everything in it- drama,murder,supense,tragedy,comedy & of course the one & only "bugger it" Lizzie Birdsworth!

I totally loved every moment of it!

Thanks so much.

It is still the favourite a show of all I have done.... it was before the days when network "commitees" decided what could go in a script and what couldn't. It was complex....good people did bad things....bad people did good things.

It had NO production values but people still talk about it 20 years after it FINISHED>

I hope some of you do get to see it on DVD - I might even watch it myself :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Loved this watched all 692 episodes (hangs head in shame) lol. I prefered ther mid series. Prisoner was hard hitting and dared to go where no other soap did i think the incident between Frank Burke and Pixie was bold and when he shot Dennis in the legs, The terrorist siege was very in your face. Other storylines i enjoyed was most things with Lou Kelly god she was vicious. Never a dull moment if old vinegar t**s wasnt moaning A psycho officer like David bridges was killing the women and if that wasnt happening you could gurantee a few laughs from lizzie.Another one was when "Mr Barlow" from the department trapped colleen powell in the boiler room with a bomb.

The usual suspects made it what it was Rowena Wallace Judy Nunn brief roles from Cornelia Frances And Ian Smith as mR douglas and Anne charlston as 5 different people !!! Reb's mum , Mum's Daugher,A police officer and a bank clerk..................strewth MADGE!!

• 1 month later...

Prisoner Cell Block H, oh my god that take me back i loved that show as a kid i remember my mam and dad wouldn't let me watch it could i was to young but i used to go down stairs to watch it when they where in bed,cause it was always on at 12 midnight, i think it would be on for one hour.

i would love to see that show again

• 4 weeks later...

Archived