Prisoner Cell Block H

Guest aussiefan83

I cant belive i forgot the old "vinigar tits" :lol: now who was it that used to shake her breasts at her and say vinigar tits :lol: .

Coral who was Rabbit? cant place her. Reb yes she did look the part of a rebel in love with the idea of James Dean. did Janet mind to much cutting her hair off? well it looked good short.

The Freak black gloves treatening to undress a inmate and do what she does to get information. i think it was Bea? who gave it to her just to stop her from doing it to the poor girl.

How could you put poor Judy back inside after all the hard work she'd done at the half wayhouse and her memorys of sharon...who was the b- screw that killed her..

Rabbit was Marlene Warren, played by Genevieve Lemon.... she was a plump girl who was inside for throwing a stone through a windscreen I think ( hey it's 20 years and 25 shows ago...hehehehe)

She married Matt in a wedding ceremony that at it's time was the highest rating TV drama ep ever and we gort 3,000 requests for the wedding ceremony at which they wrote their own vows ( something that people didn't do 20 years ago).... I wrote that script and I don't remember much except that part of her vows were "I promise to be your best mate - to make you laugh when you're feeling down - to help you cry if it makes you feel better..." something like that.....

Aaah yes.... I LOVED putting those black gloves on the freak!!!

And it was Chrissie Latham who thought she could seduce the Freak and use her.,...and then Joan Ferguson's black gloved hand gripped her by the neck

I had to put Judy back inside ....either that or lose her altogether....

and my fave ep that I wrote is STILL the one where Judy mercy kills Hazel....God I wept buckets writing that!

:(:(:(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant belive i forgot the old "vinigar tits" :lol: now who was it that used to shake her breasts at her and say vinigar tits :lol: .

Coral who was Rabbit? cant place her. Reb yes she did look the part of a rebel in love with the idea of James Dean. did Janet mind to much cutting her hair off? well it looked good short.

The Freak black gloves treatening to undress a inmate and do what she does to get information. i think it was Bea? who gave it to her just to stop her from doing it to the poor girl.

How could you put poor Judy back inside after all the hard work she'd done at the half wayhouse and her memorys of sharon...who was the b- screw that killed her..

Rabbit was Marlene Warren, played by Genevieve Lemon.... she was a plump girl who was inside for throwing a stone through a windscreen I think ( hey it's 20 years and 25 shows ago...hehehehe)

She married Matt in a wedding ceremony that at it's time was the highest rating TV drama ep ever and we gort 3,000 requests for the wedding ceremony at which they wrote their own vows ( something that people didn't do 20 years ago).... I wrote that script and I don't remember much except that part of her vows were "I promise to be your best mate - to make you laugh when you're feeling down - to help you cry if it makes you feel better..." something like that.....

And it was Chrissie Latham who thought she could seduce the Freak and use her.,...and then Joan Ferguson's black gloved hand gripped her by the neck

and my fave ep that I wrote is STILL the one where Judy mercy kills Hazel....God I wept buckets writing that!

Hazel omg yes she was going blind and begged Judy to help her end it poor Judy really didn't want to in one way for all the ethicall reasons but Hazel remined her that she was all she had..something like that cant remember all..that was heart breaking both actresses were great in that scene made me cry i tell you..im not one to do that easy.

Did you get the idea of Chrissie Latham?

Hazel omg yes she was going blind and begged Judy to help her end it poor Judy really didn't want to in one way for all the ethicall reasons but Hazel remined her that she was all she had..something like that cant remember all..that was heart breaking both actresses were great in that scene made me cry i tell you..im not one to do that easy.

Did you get the idea of Chrissie Latham?

No Chrissie was there in the first season.... Amanda Muggleton was so great... we just brought her back in...

The good thing about it being a prison was that there was a legitimate reason for people to come back...they just broke the law.

Did you know that back in the early 8os the most avid fans of Prisoner were the inmates of the women's prison...fairlea.

Thats the one thing in a sence made it realistic was the fact.

A lot of prisoners who have been on the inside for years to them it was all they knew the thought of the outside was petriffing for them so they'rd rather break the law again to get back inside again..

A few had no-one they new the outside to go to all they proberly had in their minds was what they considered family was their freinds inside.

Some where made to feel like trash, bullied by there efforts to try to get a life just did'nt make it.

This is depressing but the show was real in that way of portrail this does happen in real life.

There are a few who learn or really do want to get out and make it.

Prisoner captured every aspect of the characters. With Meg and her relationship with Jim. To the death of Bea’s daughter, and how Doreen fell in love. And poor old Lizzie, who got so used to prison, she tried all sorts of crime to return to be with her friends.

The laundry press had a lot to answer to, there was so many injuries caused by the press, lol. It was a great show, and it would be great if it was repeated, but not at the time i used to see it, at 1.3o am.

It was a good show, as there was a lot of lonely personalities. And lots of scope to show their back grounds.

Correct me if i am wrong, but was Soul from home and away, the same fella that was helping Judy on the outside of the prison. Bring cell block back, it would be great to see it again.

Oh What was the name of the scottish officer. Was it Jock????????. because i hated him.

Wasn't there a rumour they were going to do a re-make/follow-up of Prisoner: Cell Block H a couple of years back? Or did I imagine it? :unsure:

I don't think anyone who watched Prisoner could ever forget it. Great characters, great theme song, great stories... :D

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the humour yet tho. Lou Kelly's brilliant one liners made me laugh so much and I LOVED the inside humour (hmm, uninentional pun) like when Lizzie, who'd just been released or something, turned up at the prison with another old lady telling the governer they wanted beds for the night... :lol:

The moment I got hooked on Prisoner was when "Mum" was released and she was in some kind of boarding house all alone. Sooo sad. My sister and me were watching crying our eyes out. :(

I just love Prisoner. Unfortunately I have only seen episodes here and there and I have never had the opportunity to see the whole series. I first started watching it in the final year when Rita Connors was Top Dog. The other characters of that time that I remember were Kath Maxwell, Lurch, Meg, Marty, Rodney Adams, Mrs Reynolds and of course the Freak. The series ended just as I was starting to get into it. I saw the very early episodes when they repeated them late at night but a lot of the middle years of Prisoner I never got to see. Channel 10 was very annoying in that they kept putting Prisoner on and then taking it off before eventually removing it altogether. The early years were great with Bea, Lizzie, Doreen, Vera, Frankie Doyle and of course the incredibly camp Erica Davidson. There have been some episodes released on DVD so I have seen the odd episode with Myra Desmond, Reb Keane and Marie Winter. It would be great if the entire series was to be released on DVD so I could see the episodes that I have missed.

The best top dog that I saw was Bea Smith but to me Rita Connors came a close second. I also loved the Erica Davidson character and the way she used to talk like she had a plumb in her mouth. Was the character designed to be that way or was that just how the actress used to speak? I didn't get to see a huge amount of episodes with the Freak but I loved what I saw. Lizzie was a real cult figure and her antics were pretty funny especially when she hit the home brew. Watching Prisoner episodes now on DVD you can really see how low budget it really was with the wobbly sets, the fake guns and the camp acting. It goes to show that any show can stay relevant as long as the characters and storylines are good.

Watching Prisoner episodes now on DVD you can really see how low budget it really was with the wobbly sets, the fake guns and the camp acting. It goes to show that any show can stay relevant as long as the characters and storylines are good.

Thanks for that.

Most of the shows i get offerred I get because characters are my forte....I'm actually not great with plot..... but give me characters I can make different and I can go forever...or till i drop in my tracks. :blink:

Allof those women were flawed but human...

and Erica actually talked liked that but was only there for about two seasons....the Governor from then on was Mrs Reynolds.

Rita the Beater was actually the last characterI created and made quite an impact....even though she only did the last year or so of the show.

One of the great camp things about the show was the total lack of special effects budget....so when Marie Winter escaped by helicopter...it was a blow up doll that flapped around like a balloon :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers

Coral

Wasn't there a rumour they were going to do a re-make/follow-up of Prisoner: Cell Block H a couple of years back? Or did I imagine it? :unsure:

I don't think anyone who watched Prisoner could ever forget it. Great characters, great theme song, great stories... :D

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the humour yet tho. Lou Kelly's brilliant one liners made me laugh so much and I LOVED the inside humour (hmm, uninentional pun) like when Lizzie, who'd just been released or something, turned up at the prison with another old lady telling the governer they wanted beds for the night... :lol:

The moment I got hooked on Prisoner was when "Mum" was released and she was in some kind of boarding house all alone. Sooo sad. My sister and me were watching crying our eyes out. :(

I think that the follow-up of cell block h was Dangerous Women that made 52 episodes.

Archived