Life Is Hard No Matter What Your Age

Guest tasha7905

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys for your nice reviews. Chpater 2 wil be up soon.

I know what you mean about Lucas, Kase. He is so different now to when he first arrived in the Bay. Not sure quite how he is going to turn out in this fic but I guess we will find out.

Skykat I have no idea where I get the time for these stories, I guess I just dont sleep enough :lol:

Chapter 2 - Summer Bay

Jack's P O V

"Going for a look around" I yell to dad as I dump the last of the boxes in our new house. "Coming with me Luc?" I ask.

"Sure" he answers putting down his journal. I have no idea what he writes in there but whatever it is he seems to enjoy doing it.

We walk down towards the beach. "At least we can surf everyday" Luc says to me. "Check out those waves."

Thats the first time I have heard him excited about something in a long time.

"Should be good living here" I say to him.

"Yea hopefully" he replies and the enthusiam in his voice has already gone. "Come on lets keep looking" i say defeated at my brothers attitude.

We wondered around for a while getting a feel for the place, I try to talk to Lucas but he kind of closed up. We walked back up to the house in virtual silence.

So much for this place helping us, but at least the girls are good looking I thought to myself as we walked to our house a stunning blonde walks into the house next door.

Maybe this town could be good after all.

Tony's P O V

I watch my sons as they make dinner. They really were good boys. Both of them, I hadnt really had any trouble out of them. A few teen traumas with Jack and catching him in bed with his girlfriend when he was 17 is definately something I dont want to do again but other than that no major problems.

Lucas was never going to be much of a problem cause in some ways he is too mature. I wish he would just be a kid every now and again maybe living here he will be. At least they are both polite and respectful. So as a dad I guess Im not that bad.

I suddenly heard a knock at the door. Oh great I think to myself a welcoming neighbour, probably a busybody wanting the gossip on the new people. I open the door to find a darkhaired woman and a fair haired girl standing there.

"Hi Im Beth Hunter, I live next door" She smiles. Her smile is warm and friendly and I felt my stomach flip which it hasnt done in a very long time. "And this is my daughter Matilda" she continues. The young girl smiles at me.

I introduce myself and then Jack. Im about to introduce Lucas when the look on his face stops me. You see Lucas has never shown any interest in girls, in fact Jack and I have even considered the possibility that he is gay, but watching him now staring at the girl next door, I know he is definately not.

Lucas's P O V

She was really pretty, I hadnt seen a girl like her before, she was well natural I guess not like city girls.

"Hi Im Lucas" I say to her and then look at the floor.

"Matilda" she answers giving me a shy smile.

Her mum carried on chatting to Dad for a while and I stood there occasionally glancing at her. Eventually they left and we sat down to dinner. I started eating and then heard my brother laughing. I look up to see both he and Dad smirking at me.

"What" I say to them completely confused.

"Oh yea definately" Jack says to Dad, he just nods. I shake my head at them, I have no idea what they are on about.

"So are you going to ask her out on a date, that Matilda girl?" Jack says.

"What, no" I reply feeling my face go red. How did they know I was thinking about her.

"Its obvious son" Dad says looking at me.

I swear they can read my mind.

Jack's P O V

Although its fun teasing Lucas cause its really obvious that he fancies the girl next door. I had also noticed the strange look on Dad's face when he was talking to Beth Hunter. He liked her I could tell but I also knew he would do nothing about it.

We always joke about us all having the Holden charm maybe this town would be where my brother and Dad would have to use it.

Archived