Sims 2

Guest Reo

:o How do you make your own? :) I've always wanted to do that!

Adding a custom neighborhood picture

In order to create a custom picture to represent your neighborhood on the main menu, first save the picture you wish to use as a .png file (a 4x3 size ratio works best, but pictures with other proportions will be stretched to fit).

The file must be named N0XX_Neighborhood.png (where XX is the neighborhood number). Then place the file in the neighborhood's directory (e.g., My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004).

Taken from HERE.

Hope that help!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I just decided i was going to download hair for my sims 2. I'd like to know a few good websites. I found this other one but everytime i try to open it after downloading it it says that the file's not supported so I'm just wondering if any people that have ever downloaded stuff like this could please help me :(

Thanks in advance xx

I have folders and folders of sites for downloads.

The main one has to be modthesims2.com though..Thats a big site for downloads.

But you need to have winzip or winrar..I would get rar because most people have their downloads in that form only.

Once you download and double click on it you need to move the package to your sims2 downloads folder.

If you don't have a folder just create one..

To do that,find the place where your sims 2 folder is,click on it and you will see other folders called 'Neighbourhoods' 'Cameras' and other stuff,just right click and make a new folder and call it downloads..Everything you download should go into that folder apart from neighbourhoods(which go in the neighbourhood folder and camera hacks which you will get a read me file with).

If you plan on downloading alot,you should organize it..I had over 15000 downloads at one point and some can mess up your game,so you should make folders inside of folders just name them from the site you got the download from..Then you can find it if you need to remove it.

You do need to check that the downloads you are downloading are for the EPs you have..If you download something for 'seasons' and you don't have the seasons EP then it just wont show up in your game..But just check in the description and it should say what games it needs.

Mesh is something you need for the item to show.

If something is a recolour then that is just what it is..A recolour of a item..You will need to have the original item(mesh) to get the recolour.

Sometimes the mesh is a Maxis item so its already in the game,other time you need to download the mesh..Usually there is a link telling you where to download the mesh.

And when I had the sims on my computer(I deleted it a couple of weeks ago and forgot to remove my download folder first,so lost over 15000 and years of downloads :angry:)..For me it was in 'My Documents'..It simply said 'EA Games' and then 'Sims 2' and then there were aload of other folders,thats where your download folder needs to be,if there is already one in there or make your own.

Archived