Star steps in to city brawl

Guest Andy

Star steps in to city brawl

Daily Telegraph

21 September 2006

HOME and Away heart-throb Chris Hemsworth will be questioned by police over a brawl outside a Sydney pub.

The 23-year-old actor, who plays Kim Hyde, was one of five people involved in the brawl on Pitt St in the Sydney CBD in the early hours of September 3.

It is believed Hemsworth stepped in to assist a friend.

Police have CCTV footage of the incident and wish to get the star's account of the events.

"Police are also appealing for more witnesses. Police spoke to a number of people that morning and inquiries are continuing," a police spokeswoman said yesterday.

Hemsworth is Melbourne-born and moved to Sydney to join the cast of Home and Away in 2004. Previously he had appeared in an episode of the TV comedy series Fergus McPhail.

Hemsworth auditioned in both Melbourne and Sydney for the role of Robbie, now played by Jason Smith, but was re-called and flown up to Sydney for the part of Kim Hyde.

His acting was met with immediate acclaim, being awarded the Most Popular New Male Talent Award of 2005 in TV Week's Logie Awards, while also nominated for the Most Popular Actor. He was also a nomination for Cleo magazine's Bachelor of the Year, when he said: "Bullies annoy me."

Hemsworth shares a house with fellow actor Mark Furze in the Northern Beaches. He is set to appear on Seven's latest instalment of Dancing With The Stars, where he will be compete against Andrew Gaze, Tamsyn Lewis, Anthony Koutoufides, Tom Waterhouse, Gary Sweet, Fiona Falkiner, Kerry Armstrong, Amanda Keller, and chess bombshell Arianne Caoili.

wait i thought mark lived with jon! They were on tv show together not long ago!!

It's the Daily Telegraph, they don't exactly check their facts :P

Oh and Chris playing Robbie!! haha would he have had to wear the glasses and act like a dork? Well at least he would have been kissing Isabel all the time on set and off :lol:

I think I read somewhere that Mark and Chris used to live together, but he moved out not long before the Better Homes and Garden Show was filmed.

They even had the article on this on NZ news last night. It was quite funny because it sounded as though they were telling him to go to the police but im not sure why they were saying it in NZ

His acting was met with immediate acclaim, being awarded the Most Popular New Male Talent Award of 2005 in TV Week's Logie Awards, while also nominated for the Most Popular Actor.

<_< While I do think he's improved since he first started, it wasn't his acting that got him that award.

You got that right!! He couldn't have possibly won that award based on his acting.

Archived