From Happiness to Hell

Guest tasha7905

Oh no! Who is the Georgia woman?! I can see you have lots of drama install for us Tasha, I've been so used to the fluff that its all a bit unsettling. But well done :) Glad to see this fic back. Can't wait to read about everything else that's been going on.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 3 - Friendship & Family

Matilda opened the front door the next morning. "Hi Ric, how are you?" she said cheerfully she had promised she would spend the day with him to take his mind of his problems.

"ok I guess, Im still supposed to see a counsellor but I dont see the point I know what the problems is, its Cassie she has destroyed me. I cant believe in love and happiness anymore, I tried with Belle and look what happened there. Now what has happened with Cassie its just destroyed my faith in everything." He said sitting down.

"Maybe your just lonely, and craving company. "Matilda said trying to reson with him "I know how that feels."

"Your lonely, How can you be you have Lucas the perfect husband who has given you the perfect life." Ric said a slight hint of Jealousy in his voice, all these years he was still envious of Lucas, he seemed to have the midas touch. Everything he wanted he got.

"I hardly see Lucas anymore" Matilda said not noticing the tone of Ric's voice. "In fact I only really see Adam. Luc is always at work. I cant remember the last time I saw him for more than half an hour. "

"yea but it wont be forever and you know Luc is just doing this for you and Adam. He would do anything for you, hell he risked his life for you remember." Ric said.

"I know, its just hard. I miss my husband, I miss the fun we used to have, Christ I miss sex" she said laughing. "Wow I even miss laughing."

Ric grabbed her and hugged her tightly. I would give anything to experience at least some of the life Lucas and Maddie have he thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Right I will handle Lucas if you can get Maddie there" Jack said as he, Kit and Henry sat in the diner.

"No worries" Henry said "anyway I had better go Belle and I have somethings to sort out"

"In the bad book are we little brother" Kit said laughing.

"Something like that" He said "But hopefully not for much longer. I will see you guys tomorrow morning at 7 am, for project reconciliation." he said as he left.

"well it looks like we are the only happy young couple in the bay." Kit said as she and Jack left the diner.

"Well I could be happier" he said leaning down and kissing her seductively.

"Back to our place then as we do have a long time till we have to meet Henry tomorrow." Kit said teasingly.

"Our place" Jack said thoughtfully. "That really does sound amazing".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"God im sorry Ric I was suppposed to be cheering you up." Matilda said releasing herself from his hug

"Im fine. just glad of the company" Ric said smiling at her.

"Well lets go and do something" Maddie said "I will just go and get Adam ready."

30 minutes later they were sat on the beach.

"Right Adam, this is how you build a sandcastle" Ric said holding Adam in his lap and pointing at the creation he had made.

"Um Ric I think he is a bit young for this, he is only 3 weeks old remember." Maddie said laughing.

"he is never to young to learn the rules of the beach" Ric said laughing he really was enjoying himself for the first time in weeks.

"If you start teaching my son, about women in bikini's Im leaving" Matilda said.

"Ok, fine, His next lesson will have to be surfing then" Ric smirked at her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither of them noticed Lucas watching them, he had come home early to try and make amends with his wife. His was breaking his heart watching Ric playing happy families with his wife and child. He hadnt even realised how much Adam had grown.

"Ive been doing this all wrong" Lucas said to himself "But now its time to make it right" he took out his mobile and dialed. "help me Jack please," he said into his phone.

"Its all under control little brother dont worry, I wouldnt let you down. Im just glad you realised before I had to drag you to the wharf tomorrow at 7 am."

"Why would I be at the wharf" Luc spoke into his phone.

"Just trust us" He heard his sister in law, shout in the back ground as they hung up.

Lucas turned and looked at his wife smiling and happy, it should be me making her laugh. He walked back to his house sadly, he knew he had let his wife down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This may be easier than I thought" Georgia said into her phone, she had been following Lucas. "yea he is definately the right target, the whole town will believe he was capable by the time we have finished with him." she laughed watching Luc's sorrowful figure walk off in the distance.

Grr Georgina, I have a bad feeling about this. And of Ric's desire to have "experience some of the life Mattie and Lucas have" *suspicious look* I hope I'm reading too much into it.

I also wonder what Jack and Henry are up to, hehe. Update soon Tasha :)

Thanks for the reviews guys, this is more of a fill in chapter just to get Jack and Henry's plan started. More will be up later on.

Chapter 4 - be happy

"I hope this is a good idea" Lucas said to Jack

"of course it is it was mine" Jack said pretending to be insulted.

"I just dont think she wants to see me, she hardly spoke to me last night. I guess she had too much fun with Ric, she didnt even seem to realise I was home early" Lucas said he was pacing up and down the wharf.

"That attitude wont help Luc, you guys just need some time alone to remember why you got married." Jack said meaning what he said.

"yea, I know thanks for doing this Jack I couldnt have asked for a better brother." Luc said hugging his brother.

"Hey look here comes your wife. Although she doesnt look happy" Jack said laughing.

"Why am I here so early" they heard Maddie shouting at Kit and Henry.

"Look down there" Henry said pointing to where Lucas and Jack were stood in front of the blaxland.

"Whats going on?" She said smiling at her siblings.

"No questions please Maddie."Jack said approaching them "just go and see your husband."

She agreed and walked towards Lucas, she intended to be cool towards him but as soon as he gave her his trademark goofy smile she melted.

"Matilda, Im very sorry that I have been a slack husband and father recently and I promise that will change. Now will you do me the honour of joining me for a day on a private beach and before you worry Kit is looking after Adam so we can just be together" Lucas said trying not to laugh at how stupid he had sounded.

"I would love too" she said hugging her husband. Lucas took her hand and helped her onto the blaxland where Mr stewart was waiting to sail them to the beach Jack had managed to get just for them.

Watching from above Jack, Henry and Kit smiled at each other. "well I think that went ok, dont you" Henry said.

"Definately if I know those two they will be at it in about an hours time" Jack said laughing "but at least I cant walk in on them this time."

They all laughed, glad that there siblings seemed to be getting back on track, none of them noticed Georgia standing a small distance behind them.

Scowling she watched the happy scene. "This may not be as easy as I thought" she muttered to herself. "He has to many people around him that will help him, I need to break his trust in some of them."

Sighing she walked back to her car she would have to give up on tailing Lucas for the rest of the day. "Enjoy your day with her Lucas, you may not have many more like it" she said to herself.

Archived