Phobias

Guest Tamxxx

Not much of a phobia, more like a forced thing actually;

I can't pick up the phone between two ring signals! If the phone is ringing and I'm home alone and on the other side of the house or something, I run to get to it before the caller hangs up, but then when I get there I might stand there waiting fir it to ring again, because I can't pick up when it's silent.

It's kind of ridiculous, but I can't help it.

Please don't think I'm crazy :unsure:

No, you're not the only one here. I always wait until a whole ring is finished before I pick it up!

So then you have the exact opposite of me? I thought I was the only one :P

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't pick the 'phone up when it's silent, either. It has to be ringing so that I can "check" that it's still ringing and that the caller hasn't hung up, or something. I think this has more to do with my fear of answering the 'phone when I'm home alone...it really freaks me out... :unsure:

Spiders and insects....But i find that awesome when they're behind glass. I love looking at them and knowing they can't get to me but outside, i hate them. I hate roaches, last time i saw a roach in my room i killed it and i slept in the spare room.

With heights, its weird with me, I can handle it but my knees give way and I'm scared crapless but when I go to jump off or something I find it awesome and I have a blast. =) I'm planning to go bungee jumping soon, its something i MUST do more than one time =)

I only just noticed this thread and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's head was in the gutter when they read the title...

I don't think I have any phobias. Velvet goes through me, the touch of it makes all the hairs on my arm stand on end, I go all shivery and feel physically sick but I don't think I'm really scared of anything. The best way to conquer your fears is to face them head on. I think I had a chat with Musie a while ago when we agreed there was no better adreneline rush than overcoming something that scares you so if I am scared of anything, even for a minute I do it anyway and find it doesn't scare me anymore.

Lil Tee bungee jumping is awesome, think I've done around 20 now in various places and its a really amazing rush. Initially you'll be so scared but once the line takes you back up the first time and the relief comes over you try and open your eyes and take a look around, its like everythings rotating and the views can be gorgeous. Then organise a night out for that night because you won't need alcohol or anything to get you drunk, you'll be buzzing anyway and have such a good night. Then you'll probably need a day or twos sleep to recover because adreneline really takes it out of you!

lol :P I also have a Phobia of Anorexia... Dunno why but it freaks me out when I sometimes refuse to eat or think I'm fat :rolleyes: Probably comes from the 18 Month Fight I had with it

Fear of anorexia?

I dont have anorexia but i keep thinking if i should choose it a lifestyle choice? but i keep being lazy and dont exercise its like my mum wants me to lose weight and forces me to do exercise im 3 stones over weight. So i think i have a phobia of choosing it as a lifestyle one day?

Archived