New Fan Fic

Guest ljay

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 4

They arrived at the club, ordered a round of drinks in and stood by the bar. After a while Tash dragged Robbie onto the dancefloor leaving Martha and Jack by the bar.

Jack was staring at Martha.

Martha: (smiles) Your doing it again.

Jack: Doing what?

Martha: Staring.

Jack: (face turns red) Sorry.

Martha could sense that Jack was a little nervous, though she wasn't 100% sure why.

Martha: You don't need to apologise.

Jack: Um..i'll be back, i just need need to go to the little boys room.

A guy walks up to the bar where Martha is standing.

Reece: Hi i'm Reece and you are...?

Martha: Martha.

Reece: Would you like to dance?

Martha: I'm actually waiting for someone.

Reece: Come on, one dance isn't going to hurt.

Martha: Oh i suppose not, just the one though.

Meanwhile a refreshed looking Jack returns to the bar where he had left Martha but finds she is not there. He looks around to see her and to his disappointment sees that she is happily dancing with a guy.

Jack ordered himself a drink in. It was clear that he was gutted. He thought that tonight might be the night where he and Martha would finally give up the game they had been playing with each other for weeks.

Martha kept looking over to where Jack was standing. It was he who she wanted to be with not Reece.

Jack felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around hoping it was Martha but it wasn't.

Kate: Hi i'm kate.

Jack: Jack.

Kate: I noticed you were on your lonesome. Thought you could do with the company. Fancy a dance?

He looked over to where Martha was dancing and saw she was happy and thought how he was going to have a good night with or without her.

Jack:(smiles) Sure.

A couple of hours had passed and Robbie and Tash returned to the bar where they left Jack and Martha in the hope that they might actually tell each other how they feel, but they were not there.

Tash: Um.. where are Martha and Jack?

Robbie: Well Martha's over there dancing with some random guy. I don't know about Jack.

Tash: Tonight was supposed to be about finally getting those two together. Go rescue Martha and i will try and find Jack.

Robbie heads over to where Martha is dancing.

Robbie: Hey mate is it alright if i have a dance with this girl.

Reece: Yeah sure but bring her back!

Martha: Thanks Rob, i didn't think i was ever going to get away from him. It was only supposed to be one dance.

They headed over to the bar where Jack and Tasha were standing.

It was coming to the end of the night and the final song was about to be played.

Jack had finally plucked up the courage to ask for a dance.

Jack: Will you have one dance with me?

Martha: (smiles) Sure. I thought you'd never ask.

Jack took Martha's hands and led her onto the dancefloor. It was quite clear that neither of them were expecting a slow moving love song. But that's what they got, Bon Jovi's- Always!

Robbie and Tash were on the dancefloor next to them and could not help but smile at one another when they realised what song was playing.

Jack and Martha smiled at each other. Jack was a bit embarassed, he did not know what to do. They might have been the best of friends but he had never taken her in his arms before.

Martha: What's wrong?

Jack: Nothing.

Martha:(smiles) Just relax (she said while taking his arms and placing them around her waist and putting hers around his).

Jack was shocked at Martha's forwardness and likewise she was at his shyness.

As the song progressed it was clear that they were becoming more comfortable in one anothers arms. Jack's grip tightened around her waist and she quite happily nestled her head on his chest. She could have easily felt asleep if it was not for his heart racing.

The song had finished and they broke up from their embrace.

Robbie: What a night!!.

Jack did not answer, instead he was looking deep into Martha's eyes.

Martha: (smiles)

Tash: Lets get out of here.

Robbie: Mac do you want to crash at ours or do you want us to get the cab to stop off at yours first?

Martha: i'll stay at yours if that's alright. Grandad will not be happy if he is woken up.

They arrive at the Hunters

Jack: Well i best head home and let you guys get some rest. I don't know about you but i had a great night. See you later.

Everyone: Bye!

As Jack walks off Martha turns around and looks at him with a big smile on her face. Could tonight have been the start of something huge?!?

Next chapter- Who's having a heart to heart?

Archived