It takes a few to put on a show at the Show

Guest Andy

It takes a few to put on a show at the Show

The Advertiser

11 September 2006

ADELAIDE was swarming with soapie stars at the weekend. . . you'd think they were all fairy-floss deprived the way they flocked to the Royal Adelaide Show.

Among the crowd were housemates Jon Sivewright and Mark Furze of Home and Away.

When Jon, of Fremantle, joined the cast of the Aussie drama earlier this year, he was welcomed into Mark's Sydney home. And, although Jon is almost twice Mark's age, he's not too proud to have the young actor as his landlord.

"I think our maturity level is about the same," laughs Jon. Funnily enough, the two rarely work together on set, saying they had their first shared scene only last week.

In true bachelor fashion, the boys love a good barbie, and even enjoy making sausages together.

"We'd have at least eight meals a week on the barbecue," says Mark. What blokes.

Since his stint on Channel 7's reality show It Takes Two, Mark, originally from Orange, is now dedicating more time to his singing career and hopes to release an album with his band, Charger, by close of the year.

Also in town was Adelaide boy Ben Nicholas of Neigh-bours who loved the chance to buy Bertie Beetle show bags. Unfortunately, he'll miss Christmas in Adelaide with his family this year due to acting commitments in London.

"I'm trying to catch up with all my aunties, uncles, grandparents and cousins now. . . I have two days and a lot of people to see."

Archived