A New Beginning

Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 5

Henry’s P.O.V

I wrap my arms around Jessica’s waist as she rests her head on my shoulder while we sway softly to the music, I can’t help but look at my sister as she dances with Lucas she looks so happy so complete the smile hasn’t been off her face all night and I know that if everything goes according to plan then her smile should be even bigger when I see her tomorrow morning, you see tonight Lucas is going to ask Matilda to marry her and being the gentleman that Lucas is he actually checked with myself, Robbie and Scott first that it was ok as well as running it past Tony and his brother first, and off course we didn’t have a problem with it I mean he was already our step-brother and he had proved to us through the six years he had been with my sister that he loved her with all his heart, he never once didn’t think about her, since they got back together and knowing my little sister like I did she would more than likely say yes I couldn’t ever see her turning Lucas down. For me its been hell keeping this a secret from Jess and my mum but we knew that they wouldn’t be able to keep this from Matilda, the way they would be acting around her would be enough for Matilda to figure out that something was going on.

“Hens you ok?” I hear my girlfriends soft voice say I look at her and see her staring at me concerned,

“Yeah I’m fine Jess just thinking about how happy I am that’s all” I say pulling her closer to me and kissing her lips softly “I love you Jess” I say when the kiss ends,

“I love you too Hens” she says smiling.

“Right I’ll see you guys tomorrow” I say later that evening as we wait outside for the cab

“What do you mean?” Jess and Mattie both say looking at us both strangely “We live together” my sister says confused,

“Well you see Mr Romantic here has a surprise for Matilda so they won’t be coming home with us” I say softly as a cap pulls up in front of us,

“Awww Lucas really that’s so sweet” Mattie says throwing her arms around him,

“Right well come on Jess lets be getting home” I say as I open the taxi door for us,

“How come Mattie gets all the romance and I don’t” Jessica mumbles as she gets in while I follow her.

Lucas P.O.V

“I can’t believe you’re doing this for me where are we going” Mattie says as she cuddles up against me as we wait for the limo to arrive,

“Well you will find out soon enough, because here is our ride” I say as I spot the limo pulling in front of us,

“Lucas you truly are romantic” Mattie says as she takes my hand,

“Anything for you now ladies first” I say as I open the door for her and help her inside,

“Wow Lucas this is amazing and beautiful” she says gasping as she looks around at the scattered rose petals, as she sits down against the soft black leather off the limo I sit down beside her and reach for the champagne pouring us both a glass before handing one to her, now is the time and I am more nervous than I’ve ever been before I mean I think she will say yes I mean we’ve been together for forever but she could say no what if she says no. Reaching inside my pocket I pull out the small blue box,

“Matilda Hunter will you marry me?” I finally say as I open the box revealing the ring, she stares down at it in awww and I can see a few tears forming in her eyes, all which I want now is to hear one simple three letter word and my life will be perfect.

Archived