Steve Irwin Tribute Thread

Guest Krazy Karl

I heard Steve described as 'Australia's Diana' and I think that sums up the public's reaction perfectly.

I wasn't going to post in this thread...but now i feel that I have to.....I have enormous sympathy for Steve's family, particularly for his wife and children....but I do think that the media has whipped up a lot of emotional hysteria..in much the same way that they did for Princess Dianna. The fact that anyones husband, father, son, brother, or what ever has died is alway sad and should be reason enough for people to feel sadness and empathy for them...however, their grief is no more and no less just because Steve was famous. His poor family have not been left alone to grieve, and its as if the public have highjacked "Steve" with no thought for the family at all....this seems to be a modern phenomenon and seems to be driven by the media, and fuelled by politicians jumping on the bandwagon in my view.

In some warped way, Steve Irwin lovers have decided to kill stingrays (The one on Neighbours next please).

Neighbours Stingray apart...nice line Ryan:P...

People clearly have no understanding or respect for what Steve believed in...i.e conservation and respect for wild life etc..if they are behaving in such a moronic and idiotic fashion.People can be so stupid sometimes.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit the nail right on the head there Frankie! The media will make you believe what THEY want you to believe! Simple as that. Remember folks, the Australian media were saying he was an embarrasment to Australia, and now he has passed on......what do the media think of him now???

Think about that.

It was the same as Princess Diana, now that she has passed on, it's a different story.

Archived