Steve Irwin Tribute Thread

Guest Krazy Karl

It's really sad to think that his children will never see their dad again :(

Is anyone else finding the Google adverts just a bit odd? At the top of the page I currently have an advert offering me a Steve Irwin Croc Hunter T-shirt, and another ad asking me to take part in a Steve Irwin survey! I know it's Google ads, so they just scan what's being discussed and display related ads, but it just seems a bit... weird, probably because he's not here anymore :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tribute to Steve Irwin....

Jay Leno Tribute to Steve Irwin

That was a brilliant clip. RIP Steve

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5005941,00.html

That's really sad,the poor kid's only 2 and will be asking where Daddy is for a while i'd imagine.

That's soo sad. Poor baby Bob, and poor Bindi and Terri too. Bob looks very like Steve too IMO.

Steve's best friend Wes and father Bob just told the media that they will be having a memorial service for him next Tuesday or Wednesday. At the moment Suncorp Stadium may be the place where it will be held!!

Poor Wes, when he was asked what he did when Steve died last Monday you could see him holding back tears. :( :(

At least people can say goodbye to the Croc Hunter in their own way!!

Jazer (Jarad) :)

Fans get chance to say goodbyeBy staff writers

September 11, 2006 01:05pm

Article from: Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

A PUBLIC memorial will be held next week to farewell Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin, it was announced today.

Plans are being made for a service next Tuesday or Wednesday, probably at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

A private service was held on Saturday to lay Irwin to rest at Australia Zoo, it was confirmed.

Irwin's dad Bob said: "Because Steve loved the bush so much and yarning around the campfire, the service was held just like he would have wanted, with everyone telling their favourite stories around a "candlelit" fire.

"It was what he would have wanted and it has brought some family closure to his life."

His best mate and Australia Zoo staff member Wes Mannion joined Bob Irwin and manager John Stainton for today's press conference at Australia Zoo.

He outlined plans for a memorial service.

"Because the family really appreciates the massive outpouring of love and kindness from everyone, we are planning to have a public service next Tuesday or Wednesday at a venue like Suncorp Stadium."

Queensland Police were assessing the suitability of the venue, he said.

Stainton said: "We envisage it to be a celebration of his life not a sad funeral. Steve would not have wanted everyone standing around saying how sad it was.

"We will still entertain people, but let them remember him in the right way."

"We are going to put through a balanced memorial service that he would have really enjoyed.

He said he hoped Irwin's wife Terri and his children, Bindi and Bob, would be strong enough to attend.

"We have to keep going. The fact that there has been such an outpouring of grief around the world, we have to give that back to (the public). "They, (the family) want to give as much as they can."

Irwin, 44, died last Monday when he was pierced in the heart by a stingray's barb while filming a documentary off the far north Queensland coast.

Mr Mannion paid tribute to his friend.

"He loved wildlife more than anything in life except his wife and kids," he said.

"We did so much great stuff together. There is a lot of stuff, not only with life, but with his family. He was an amazing dad.

"It's just a horrible thing.

"We are all chipping in and doing the best we can."

I heard Steve described as 'Australia's Diana' and I think that sums up the public's reaction perfectly.

Steve > Diana, she meant nothing to me and so many others

Well everyone in the UK liked her and thought her death was extremely sad just like all you aussies do with Steve apaprt from PLENTY more people were sad about the death of Diana.

I just saw the report about Steve Irwin's memorial service. It will be at Australia Zoo next Wednesday as Terri thought that Steve would of wanted people to pay their last respects there.

Also John Williams will be peforming. He will be singing "True Blue" which I think shows who he really was, a true Aussie Legend who will be missed dearly!

Jazer (Jarad) :)

Archived