Corey's Revenge

Guest Home and Away Always!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wahay! Corey!! :D

This is going to make xSianx a very happy girl. lol.

Great, looking forward to this story continuing! :)

And can I just add, I'm very pleased that your writing is understandable and correct! It is quite sad how many fics I can't read because of my frustration. lol. So, *thumbs up* Wahay!!

Hi guys I am really excited at all your replies so I've decided to carry on. Here's the next chapter for you, I hope you like it as much as the first!

Chapter Two:

“I so totally won you know.” Martha laughed as she and Jack walked through the front door of the house.

“You did not!” exclaimed Jack. “Need I remind you that I was the one who started it in the first place?”

“Whatever, I still won.” She sat down on the lounge.

“Oh, really?” Jack sat next to her and pulled her into his arms, kissing her neck softly. She laid her head on his shoulder, sighing softly with happiness.

“I love you.” She murmured.

“I love you too.” He replied, rubbing her back softly.

They were interrupted by the phone ringing. Martha sighed and pulled herself out of her husband’s arms.

“I’ll get it.” offered Jack.

“Okay,” said Martha. “I’m going to go have a shower.” She kissed him in the lips before heading off to the bathroom.

Jack leaned over and picked up the phone. “Jack Holden speaking. Oh, hey Lara. What’s up?” His face turned to a look of horror as his work partner spoke on the other end. “You’re serious? Oh my god.”

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#

Martha bounded out of the bathroom, but stopped when she saw the look on her husband’s face.

“What’s wrong?” she walked over to him, looking concerned.

Jack took a deep breath. “Lara just rang,” he started carefully.

Martha sighed inside. She was expecting Jack having to run off to work because of something happening. She was not expecting what she was about to hear.

“She just got word that Corey Henderson escaped from prison a couple of days ago.”

Martha stood there in absolute shock. Corey. The guy who had left her scared and paranoid for months after his secret was revealed. She had had so many nightmares of that day, relived it so many times in her mind and for a long time had worried over it. She had eventually got over it, thinking it was the end. But now he had escaped from jail and she knew it was more than likely that he would be heading for Summer Bay.

Her hand had to grab a hold of the chair in front of her to steady herself. Jack came over and took her in his arms. She clung to him, terrified.

“What’s going to happen?” she whispered.

“It’ll be okay.” Jack said, letting go of her. “We’re expecting him to come here, so he’ll hopefully be easy to catch. And,” he said, looking into her eyes, his hands on her shoulders, “I’m not going to let him hurt you, okay? He won’t get near you. He caused you so much pain last time; I’m not going to let it happen again. Alright?”

She nodded. He pulled her back into her arms again.

“I’m so scared.” She whispered.

“I know. But it’ll be okay.” he murmured, rubbing her back gently.

The next day Jack, Martha, Irene and Barry sat at the police station with Lara and McGrath, discussing Corey.

“It is most likely that Corey is heading for Summer Bay, or possibly even already here, and that his target will be you two,” she said, nodding at Irene and Martha. “So we all need to be on the lookout for him. I suggest that you don’t go places by yourselves. Always travel with other people and if you see him, call for help straight immediately. We don’t want anyone getting hurt.”

When it was over, Jack and Martha headed home. Even though the cops would have needed Jack at the moment, they decided it was better and safer for him to be with Martha as much as possible.

Martha went and sat on the lounge, pulling her knees up to her chin and hugged her legs. Jack made them some coffee, and brought the two mugs over to where she sat. He handed her the cup and she took it wordlessly, holding it in her hands. Jack placed a hand on her shoulder.

“It’s okay.” He told her. “I know that was a lot to take in, and it’s probably scaring you. But that’s alright. It's okay to be scared.” Jack knew how stubborn Martha was, especially at covering up her feelings.

“It doesn’t seem real.” Martha said softly, staring at the floor. “I can’t believe that he’s back, hiding around here somewhere. That he would want to hurt Irene or someone else or even me. That thought just scares me even more. And I hate feeling scared of him.” Tears were welling in her eyes. She placed the cup of coffee on the table. Jack did the same.

“Hey, hey, it will be okay. This time we know what he’s capable of and how he thinks, so it that puts us in less danger. And this time you have me.” He looked her in the eyes, reassuring her. She nodded, tears spilling over and down her cheeks. Jack pulled his wife into his arms, while she cried into his shirt. Just being in his arms helped. He made her feel safe and warm and loved. And she loved him right back.

Archived