Channel 7 is turning 50!

Guest dnp52td

Looks like Melissa George will be appearing for this event as she was spotted in Sydney yesterday by one of the papers, and what else would she be doing here? apparently alot of old tv personalities will be there! let's hope they have a full H&A cast reunion this time!

In the interview with Ray Meagher (Alf) on Sunrise they said past H&A cast will be at the Live Event on Sunday including Debra Lawrence, Nichole Dickson, Alex Papps, Judy Nunn…etc They said it was going to be a ‘big H&A’ reunion, so who knows… On Saturday on 7 there is ‘Top 50 Australian Dramas’ so H&A will surely be amongst that list…

In the interview with Ray Meagher (Alf) on Sunrise they said past H&A cast will be at the Live Event on Sunday including Debra Lawrence, Nichole Dickson, Alex Papps, Judy Nunn…etc They said it was going to be a ‘big H&A’ reunion, so who knows… On Saturday on 7 there is ‘Top 50 Australian Dramas’ so H&A will surely be amongst that list…

If only they could get them all into the Epping studios and film H&A biggest even yet! :P

But yeah like 400 people from TV past and present have accepted the invites :D

This is more about tonights show...

Channels compete to celebrate half century

The Sunday Times

September 17, 2006

By Melissa Hoyer

IN what has been a battle royal for ratings between the Seven and Nine networks, the slew of “50 years of TV” celebrations culminates tonight.

The Seven Network is hosting a black-tie Logies-style event at Sydney’s Star City featuring its stable of stars including Holly Brisley, Sonia Kruger, Jennifer Hawkins, Laura Csortan, Andrew Daddo, Jodie Gordon and charming chippie Tom Williams.

“I think all the networks are relishing the celebration,” Williams said. “The dynamic in television is very interesting at the moment, to say the least, and I’m so appreciative of the opportunities I’ve been given.”

Tonight’s live show will be hosted by Seven’s golden couple Mel (Melissa Doyle) and Kochie (David Koch).

The Nine Network also rode the “50 years” bandwagon during the week and hosted an in-house lunch for its on-air faces at Sydney restaurant The Peacock Gardens. Williams now travels the world for The Great Outdoors and admits to growing up on a diet of Nine’s Hey Hey It’s Saturday.

With tonight’s black-tie dress requirement, Williams said he wouldn’t be adhering to the classic interpretation of the code.

“There is a more relaxed look and I think that’s certainly what younger people want,” he said.

“I’m not exactly in a suited job, but reckon I can get away with having three suits – one for weddings and funerals, another for the races and another for business.”

Williams will be joined by Home & Away’s Holly Brisley, who will be opting for a Princess Charlotte ruby red gown, Chanel jewels and Dolce & Gabbana heels from Cosmo Shoes.

Perth switched on to television in 1959, when Channel 7 opened in Tuart Hill. The ABC opened the following year, Channel 9 went live in 1962 and Channel 10 in 1988.

-----

I know Jodi Gordon's name is spelt wrong but that's how they had it in the article!

Jodi Gordon wasnt there last night?? That article lied, unless she pulled out last minute, 'cause she did do that Sunrise special on sunday morning for the hottest fashion on the red carpet, but she didnt turn up at the show :( Unless she never got a pic taken. But then again they never showed her during the show either :(

Archived