Irene Appreciation

Guest chatter box

The Kens death episodes are in the video section on the main site - they are excellent and well worth a viewing or two. I don't think the Corey ones are there yet, nor the ones when Eve was persecuting Irene. Hopefully they will be at some point.

I don't remember Eve going after Irene, I must have missed that bit, has any one got a clip or the episode?

I think Zippy means Eve Smith, Kens ex wife, not Eve Jacobson the stalker, Eve Smith was mentally unstable and tried to convince Nick that Irene was stealing them all from her when he first arrived, as initially he was not keen on Irene and his Dad getting together. Irene had to rescue Nick or he rescued her or both, and they ended up locked in the bathroom. Nick looked very young, and Kirsty was only 14 in those episodes as well, it was such a long time ago.

I watched the Ken episodes again too , seeing Irene scrubbing around in the weeds and water, I can't remember, and I should really, did she ever find that ring?

I don't remember if she found it or not, I remeber Hayley finding hers. Come to think of it did Irene find hers in a fish or something like that?

Kirsty looked so young in those episodes, and yet she is all grown up and married now, in real life as well as on the show, time flies. Nick looked about 12. Irene looks the same as ever. :P

If you're referring to the engagement ring Ken gave her just before she died which she threw in the sea because she was angry about him spending money on it instead of making the garage safe...then yes she did.Hayley(I think)found it floating in the water near the beach and Irene, who regretted her decision by that point, thought it was Ken somehow giving it back to her.

Not sure where the fish comes into it...

Well I am glad to know that it turned up, even if the fish didn't come into it, god knows where I got that idea from :P What it is it with engagement rings in that place, they turn up all over the shop.

Thanks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the ring turned up - but don't remember how - surely someone has the episode?

Now that the KK saga has ended, and its now just one half of them, I do hope she is not being relegated to three lines a week and serving coffee cups in the Diner again until her next story line. She needs to be more integral to many more story lines.

I think she has been forgotten by the new SP, as she hasn't been seen for ages, which is a shame.

Does any one remember the episode where she was wired up with fairy lights by two of the boys, Jack was one of them, and it sort of electrocuted her and while they were getting her out of her clothes some one turned up? It was hilarious. She got into all sort of scrapes and up to funny things back then.

I am loving the opportunities the KK storyline is creating for Irene's character, she is back where she belongs, in the thick of family action at the beach house, instead of serving at the diner :D Breath has been blown back into her character, and about time too. Can't wait to see more interaction with Oliver as well, they fit together so well :D

Unfortunately this story line does not last very long and once its over she goes back to being a wallflower. She has had one line so far this week in Australia!

She was excellent with Oliver, an absolute natural, and he clearly liked her. I loved the scenes when he was playing doctor with the phone at the Beach House and also in the hospital when she visited him. They were so natural and spontaneous.

The doctor and the phone scene was really sweet. Lynne is fantastic with little Oliver, and her responds to her as if he has known her forever instead of just a few hours. She knows how to get the best from him, and he was really happy in all of their scenes.

Unfortunately this story line does not last very long and once its over she goes back to being a wallflower. She has had one line so far this week in Australia!

:( That is outrageous, such a talented actress and brilliant character should be given much more airtime.

:( That is outrageous, such a talented actress and brilliant character should be given much more airtime.

Outrageous? Its a criminal waste. They are doing the same with Leah as well. I could scream.

Even if they wanted to show the effects of cancer on a young female like Martha, Leah was more than capable of fulfilling the role. Or even Irene. I promise you, every episode would have me in tears if this had happened to Irene, simply because nothing dramatic or interesting happens to Irene. Like, ever.

I quite agree.Irene would absolute nail this totally because Lynne is a consummate actress. I would be in pieces as well if it was Irene.

Me too, Lynne would have me buying shares in the tissue factory. Just thinking about it and I am starting to well up. It would also be a good excuse to bring back Barry. She would need him more than ever :P

Archived