Irene Appreciation

Guest chatter box

I also really liked the last segment, Irene’s talk to charity going into the cliff-hanger scene with Mumma Rose calming shouting with excitement ‘the ceremony is about to begin!’. The music was fantastic, very filmic with that choir. I hope a storyline will spawn off this for Irene.

I miss Irene, the writers really need to focus on her a bit, so we can get to know where she’s at again.

I thought the Irene/Charity scene was the highlight.

I thought tonight's episode was really good. The best scene was the Irene and Charity scene where Irene manages to get through to Charity when no one else could. We don't see enough of this side of Irene's character and we usually only get to see the annoying side of Irene where she is screaming and carrying on. In the end I actually felt sorry for Charity for being so screwed up.

Although in the great scheme of things Irene did not have a lot to say in the last 2 episodes..it was extremely memorable. She got through to Charity in a way which no one else could have done. I love the fact that Lynne seems to use her whole body ...unlike the younger cast...and when they left the police station with Ella in tuesdayss episodes...Irene was visible shaking...that was class acting!

i think DB is finally beginnng to get Irene...I hope we get some good Irene stories after this. :D

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just watched it .

Lynne was a pleasure to watch , as what you do get throws you a bit that in a sense that you love the character but the real thing is a sassy woman , Irene is so not Lynne, yet she is if you get me.

Snipets: Love the Australian Cricket: no way LOL,

She hates reality shows as in big brother, get a life.. so true.

She is forthrightly honest and says things how they are .

• 3 months later...

I like her. (i like cornelia frances better, but yeah)

Irene is a great character...wish she would adopt me TT_TT

I spoke to my Dad tonight and he said that he likes Irene and he thinks that she is such a fantastic actress that she should win a logie. He also thinks that her acting is very good in Home and Away and that she is very pretty.

• 4 months later...

Its great to finally see Irene get some well deserved scenes away from the diner. Her latest scenes taking annie under her wing have been adorable. Lynne is an amazingly talented actress and her character is massively underused. Its great to see her finally taking centre stage again, and long may it continue. :D

• 1 month later...

Lynne is one of the best, if not the best actor on the show, and yet is currently one of the most neglected. Her performance during the poisoning story line was stunning. They previously gave her excellent material to work with in developing her relationships with her previous foster kids such as Nick or Chloe or Joey, but since the Corey story they have given her little or nothing which I think is a criminal waste of a great talent. She can do light hearted, she can do tragedy, is brilliant at the comedy, can do heavy end emotional and she showed with Barry the romantic stuff too, that was very touching. They really must make better use of her. I love her character and when she is used properly she is just amazing. I really miss the fact that she is not as central to the show as she was a few years ago. I miss that.

Archived