Story Title: Regret

Story description: Matilda & Lucas

Type of story: Long fic

Main Characters: Matilda & Lucas

BTTB rating: 12+

does story include spoilers: No

Is story being proof read: No

Any warnings: Sexual content

summary: Do they really regret their actions? Does breaking up sound as good as before?

Regret

Look At Him Now

I look out of my bedroom window, I see him sitting by himself. He had tears in his eyes; he won’t dare cry where anyone he knows could see him. A severe case of male pride, I guess that’s where the horrible change started.

He spots me staring at him; he rubs his eyes and immediately turns away. Its cold, he cold. His attitude towards me makes me feel like it is all my fault, and I suppose it is my entire fault really that he is acting like this. If only he opened up and talked to someone. I guess it all started when we broke up, exactly a week ago on Friday. The thing is that I’ve never stopped loving the idiot, even know when he’s acting like this and can’t stand to be around me anymore and we still live together unfortunately.

I see him walk through the open door and then giving me the most evil look in the history of evil looks, he made me feel so guilty, he might as well have shot me dead there and then because my life is now officially over. I remember my old boyfriend; he was kind, sweet and not afraid to show his true feelings or emotions. When my grandfather was dying a few months back, he couldn’t hold back the tears and he didn’t even know the man. That’s the gorgeous, innocent and the kind of geeky in a really cute way teenage boy I knew and still really love. But I don’t even know him anymore.

I see him sneakily looking at me every so often but if I look back, he just pretends he’s looking at something else and gets back to the movie he was watching on the Tv. That happened last night, the night before that and also the night before that and now I’m getting very sick of it all. I just want to run up to him and give him big hug and tell him that everything was going to be OK from now on, no questions asked about why he is now like this.

It’s finished, the film that is, finished just like our relationship has, except you could rewind we film and play it all again but you can’t do that with everything! Everyone keeps trying to talk some sense into him, but he won’t listen to reason. Jack’s tried many a times; he tried talking to his brother again this morning with no luck obviously. Tony is devastated that his youngest son is going out every night almost, getting drunk, having sex and getting arrested! What’s next? Drugs, pregnancy…

I look into his room, just to see what he was up to. He was trying to find something in his bedside draws; everything in them was on the bedroom floor. I see a familiar red envelope lying near the door; he’s kept it all this time I think to myself. It was the letter I had written to him after I first met him, when we were both in that play together. I remember that ‘first kiss’ fiasco and our first kiss ended up being on stage in front of the whole of Summer Bay, but I wouldn’t have changed a thing about it because it was a perfect moment. Everything was then going okay, what changed since then? It all started when we broke up because he started hanging around with her, however much I try to blame her though I realise that it was still all my fault anyway.

He is now on his mobile; it must have been what he was looking for before in his draws. In think it was his ‘new best mates’ on the other end, arguing with him and he was trying to explain something that he had done. I hate them both; they changed him for the worst. Teenagers always have their ‘rebellious stage’ I have and so have most other teenagers, but I just thought Lucas was so different. How wrong was I? And will he ever change back to his usual self? I hope he does get over this ‘stage’ and soon, but I’m sure that things will never be the same again.

I keep wondering if I could have prevented any of this from happening, I’m am so full of regret…

Look at him now...

Thanks for all your replies. :D

The first part was just a summary kind of thing, now it will be written differently but still in Matilda's POV. ^_^ xxx

Regret

The Short Straw

Its Cassie's birthday, she's eighteen and having a party at her house. Sally's taken Pippa away for the night so the house is all ours. Henry's come over for the week-end and immediately taken a massive dislike to Lucas and his bad attitude; don't blame him to be completely honest.

It is now quarter past eight and I still have no idea what I'm going to be wearing. Done hair, done make-up but haven't decided between the short green strapless dress or the short white skirt with short blue top. Okay, Lucas hasn't seen me in the dress yet so I'll wear that. The whole point is to try and get Lucas back.

All ready and it's only nine. On my way to Cassie's party already, Lucas left reluctantly with Henry ages ago but only to avoid walking with me as it was me or Henry so I'm walking on my own.

The party is in full swing by the time I get there, music is on full blast and half the alcohol seems to have disappeared after I set it up earlier today. The birthday girl is dancing with Ric, I'm happy that they are back together again. It’s alright for some.

Lucas and Henry seem to be getting on a lot better; well I think they are quite drunk. Henry’s going to be in so much trouble and with Lucas, it’s probably normal by now. Henry keeps staring at Belle, who is quite happily dancing with ‘new boy in the Bay’ Drew Baker. He’s cute, although probably not my type, Lucas is the only guy for me.

Time to play spin the bottle, I know we’re probably too old to play it but its Cassie’s birthday after all. Belle had to kiss Drew- Whats new? They have been doing it all night. Then it landed on Ric and Henry but we let them off- They hate each other and I would have never let them live it down if they did.

Then I had to kiss Ric, Cassie was fine with it but Lucas had stormed off as I was leaning towards Ric. I pulled away and shouted over to him but he slammed the bathroom door in my face.

I don’t get it; he’s the one that’s stopping us from getting back together again. He’s the one acting strange all of a sudden. I wonder if that means he still loves me, because I still love him.

“I love you, Luc” I shout to him, through the door but there was no reply. “Luc!” I finally gave up when I realised that I wasn’t going to get a reply. It must be because I always draw

The short straw…

Archived