Cleo Bachelor of the year

Guest dnp52td

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

And the winner has been announced........................

*drum roll please*

Andy Lee (from the Hamish & Andy Show)

Paul, however came first runner up according to ninemsn.

Comedian beats buff bods for Cleo title

Thursday Sep 14 21:11 AEST

Andy Lee doesn't have bulging biceps or a six pack, but he makes up for it in laughs.

Since the news that Hollywood star Jennifer Aniston had hooked up with funnyman Vince Vaughn, girls have ditched the pretty-boy lover for the goofy guy with great gags.

As Australia's answer to Vaughn, Lee has beaten the buff bods of sprinter Adam Miller and Home and Away hunks Mark Furze and Paul O'Brien to become Cleo's Bachelor of the Year.

"To me, a bachelor is someone who is least likely to get a woman, so I don't know whether it's a back handed compliment or not," laughed the 25-year-old.

The comedian, who features in Network Ten's comic current affairs program Real Stories, was up against a group of 50 eligible bachelors in the magazine's annual competition.

Even by keeping his shirt on, Lee managed to claim victory.

"If you go into any Australian paraphernalia stores, the typical Aussie guy is the guy with the cork hat, thongs, singlet and a beer and I am definitely that guy," he joked.

"It's amazing that someone who has inverted muscles like me has made it."

Lee is best-known for his hilarious sketches on television and radio station Fox FM with Hamish Blake.

Cleo editor Nedahl Stelio said Lee's sex appeal was his down-to-earth personality and wit.

She says modern day women crave these traits.

"Girls are having a bit of a shift away from the superficial 'He has to be big and buff and a typically good looking guy', and really appreciate a funny guy," she said.

"Personality is counting for more these days and Andy definitely epitomises the typical funny guy. He is cute, clever and smart, but he's not a loser, so that's appealing."

Lee defeated first runner-up O'Brien and second runner-up Koby Abberton to win.

Stelio said the magazine had taken flack for including Sydney gang member Abberton in their poll.

The Maroubra-based professional surfer was recently convicted of lying to police and is part of notorious surfing gang the Bra Boys.

"We got a lot of backlash when we put him in the magazine, but he is the misunderstood bad boy," Stelio said.

Lee was crowned at a special party in Melbourne on Thursday night, attended by media personalities and many of the bachelors.

Cleo readers voted for Lee out of the 50 bachelors in the magazine's October issue.

Last year's Cleo Bachelor was sports presenter Ryan Phelan, while other previous winners include actor swimmer Geoff Heugill and footballer Craig Wing.

Available: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=144690

Yay, Paul came second :wub:

I just saw it the report on Channel 7 news, Paul looked so hot in his tux :wub: OMG!! We need pictures now! They said, Paul and Mark stole the spotlight at the party, and Paul was like pretending to punch Mark, it was so cute and childish, just the way i like him :P

71886177.jpg

71885677.jpg

Archived