Summer Bay star bows out

Guest dnp52td

http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/sto...5001026,00.html

Summer Bay star bows out

August 20, 2006 12:00

Article from: The Sunday Telegraph

0,,5220154,00.jpg

HAVING made a name for herself as Tasha in Home And Away, Isabel Lucas has quit the teen soap to go travelling.

Lucas, 21, who last week became involved in a dispute with a men's magazine over its use of her as a cover image, said she was certainly ready to travel.

"While it might sound like a cliche, I'm ready for a new chapter in my life,'' she said.

Lucas will tomorrow depart for Europe, before spending time working in Africa.

"I'm off backpacking in Europe, through Spain and catching up with my family in Switzerland,'' she told The Sunday Telegraph.

"Then I'll be spending two months in Namibia at the end of the year with OzQuest, who work with community volunteers in developing countries.''

Discovered trawling a Port Douglas market several years ago, Lucas said she was thankful for the training Home And Away provided.

"It's been a luscious learning ground for me,'' she said.

"Being able to have a continuous creative outlet is a blessing as there aren't a lot of opportunities for Australian actors at the moment in this country.''

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will miss her her acting is soo great to listen please come back one day Isabel you will always be a memory on this show :(:(:(:( this how much I will miss you Isabel Tasha will never been the same without you

Archived