LIMS Archive

Guest sevenpuddings

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#5- i think the borders are too strong and tke over the image in both the secon and the last one. On the second one i think that it's way to red but im not a fan of red colouring and i don't like how irenes face has been cut off. On the last one i think the brush could of been positioned not on her forehead maybe in a better position.

#12- i don't like the repated text on the first one it wrecks the image and i think it's abit dark too. The second ones a bit plain and the thrid one i think is too blurry and again i think the repated faded text doesn't really suit.

On a positive note i really love sets numbers 9 and 4 i think there really great.

Round One complete

Numbers 5 and 12 have been Eliminated.

Due to it telling me I have posted too many images, I cannot edit the first post :angry: but I will eventually as the rounds go on.

Round Two open.

Voting for this round will finish Saturday Night 9pm Aus EST time.

You may vote for a set of avatars you voted for in the first round if they were not eliminated.

Remember to be constructive, as it always helps the artists, but compliment the ones you like too!

Okay...This time I shall vote for:

#3- The first one is great! The second I don't like the coloring. It's too red/magneta. And too dark. That still has alot more things you could do to it. The third one is not exactly a style in my liking. Too boring and not a big fan of recurring images.

#6- As I said last time, they are a little bit boring. In the first one, I'm not a big fan of the colouring. The font isn't a great one to use in icons either. And the brush just doesn't go. In the second the brush seems to cover some of their faces. I don't like the colouring on this icon much either. The last one is just too boring. Maybe some colour burn layers and screen layers could give it an extra hint of colour.

I don't like doing this much cos I know how much work people put into their icons but i will try and be as constructive as possible. I think i will have to stick with the same two as in the first round:

3 - I think the first one is interesting and a nice idea but i'm still not sure about it, maybe it has been darkened too much. The second is also a little too dark. I dont think there is enough to the third one and i'm not too keen on the mirror image thing of the face.

7 - The first one - the image doesn't seem sharp enough and the sky seems to have had too much colour taken out of it. The second one is a touch too bright and gives the characters too much of a yellow skin tone. The third one still bothers me because it is obvious that another person has been cropped out of the picture.

There are so many great icons but i particularly like sets 8 and 9. Well done everyone!

Number 1 - For the same reasons as my vote in the previous round, ie lighting, contrast just doesn't seem right

Number 7 - The cropping appears very off in the third one, you can actually see the other person poking in a bit. It would have been better to loose a bit of Sally i think. Also the colouring on the sevond one is quite harsh. I like the first one though.

xxx

From what I said before:

3- I like them, but for the first one: I think it's too dark, particulary for what your doing it on, i.e. Summer Bay. The Second one: I'm not so much a fan of the reddish colouring. The cropping is nice, but some text or a brush MIGHT go. The third one: It's a bit plain. I don't really like the heart, it's too..err..and I think something is missing although I can't really put my finger on it.

and

6- I like the idea/text on it, but the font doesn't match, and that kind of ruins it. I like the other 2, but I think something is missing on both.

Jess, I could edit the first post for you.

#1 - for the same reasons as voting in round one.

#3 - The first avatar is cropped nicely, and the picture appears nice but because of the dark colouring I can't really tell. Maybe you intended it to be this way, I'd like to know if that's the case after this is over. The second is a little to pink for my liking. But again the cropping is nicely done. The third is lovely, very well presented and the picture used is great, but it just seems a little too plain, like theres only been two burshes used - the text and the base. The colouring or the style hasn't been touches and it seems like its got so much more potential.

Archived