LIMS Archive

Guest sevenpuddings

Love sets 4, 2 and 8 to start on a positive note!

#7 - I like the middle one but the other two don't look altered, I'm sure the icon maker has done something to them but a little brush or a more distinct change in colouring is maybe what they could use.

#12 - I do quite like them but I think they are slightly too blurred, and a bit too much writing.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like such a bitch :lol: Well... I'll say:

7. Love the first one, very beautiful but the second one is too bright and the third one is a little too simple.

5. The first and third are great but Belle is too red in the second one.

5. I like the first one, but I don't like the positioning of the brush in the 3rd one, and also I don't like the spiky border or redness of the second one.

7. They're quite plain and boring; don't get me wrong, I prefer a plain avatar to one laden down with brushes and textures, but it looks like you haven't done anything to them.

I have to vote for:

1- The colours in this don't seem to look right, the 1st one seems too dark and the 2nd quite harsh with the brightness

5- I didn't really like the spiked effect and the Colour of belle is a bit too red.

#1. The third one is oversharpened and too dark. I don't think the little picture of her nose/eye should be, it's not a distinctive feature.

The colouring on the second icon overpowers the image and you can barely see the writing. Print Dashed font doesn't go well with the icon.

#12. The artist went a bit ott with Rage Italic font in all of the icons and Beth's face is way too blurred.

3 - There is something interesting about the first one but it is very dark and i'm not sure about the red patch. The second one is a bit too dull/dark which makes it a bit one dimensional. And the third one is just a little too simple.

7 - The colour of the first one is OK but i don't think the image is sharp enough. The second one is a little too bright. The third one doesn't look like it has had much done to it and I'm not keen on how it is obvious that another person has been 'chopped' off.

:)

3- I like them, but for the first one: I think it's too dark, particulary for what your doing it on, i.e. Summer Bay. The Second one: I'm not so much a fan of the reddish colouring. The cropping is nice, but some text or a brush MIGHT go. The third one: It's a bit plain. I don't really like the heart, it's too..err..and I think something is missing although I can't really put my finger on it.

5- I like the cropping, coloring and text, but to be honest, I hate the mask. I think it would look best if it had no mask. The second one: Again I don't like the "mask", and I don't really like the coloring. It makes them look really sunburnt. The third- Do I detect a hint of sarcasm :lol:? I like that about this one. But, again, I don't like the mask and don't like the coloring.

I love sets 2, 9 and 10

Well positively, I love sets #4, #2 and #9. :)

Right I feel like a b!tch but...

#7. I think the first one is wayyy too dark, and the second one looks too yellow...? And the last one just looks like a cap of sally, no textures, gradients, text etc. I'm sorry but they are just too dull.

#12. I think you have used wayyy too many brushes and fonts, and Beth looks so burred like its in deperate need of a sharpen.

Okey dokey...I too feel really slack saying all this, so please don't take offence. This is just my personal unexperienced opinion. :)

#5 I like the 3rd one, but the first two don't really work for me. The text and cropping doesn't really match on the 1st one. On the 2nd one Barry and Irene are virtually cut out, and I think it needs a bit more 'pizazz.' Practice makes perfect. :)

#3 The 1st one looks a bit dark, so I think you could work on the colouring. The 2nd one seems a bit plain to me - I think it needs some text. I don't really like the cropping and layout of the 3rd one, it just doesn't seem to work on her face. But nice work, I'm sure you can improve.

I would like to give a special mention to #2, 9, 11. They're wonderful. :)

#12 - The first icon's colour is nice, but the wording and way it's done...it just seems like too small a space for that kind of effect, so it doesn't work for me. In saying that, the effect on a bigger picture would look really neat. The third image seems really dark and blurry for some reason, and it makes the text really hard to see I'm afraid.

#03 - While the first icon does look pretty neat...and it has captured the essence of Summer Bay, the second icon has too much of a red tint to it...and is actually quite dark. The third icon is pretty, but the inset image seems to lack some kind of overlay effect to it, which I quite like in those kinds of icons.

I really loved set #8 and set #2, the third icons in both most especially. Great work to those artists :)

Archived