Emily Perry

Guest greg098

on the epi where she *died* they set it up for her cuming back. at the end with peter listening to the tape of sarah speaking saying the phinex will rise from the ashes(over and over again) and then they showed the explosen that was ment to kill zoe/eve. was i the only one that thought that this was their way of saying that she could be back

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the epi where she *died* they set it up for her cuming back. at the end with peter listening to the tape of sarah speaking saying the phinex will rise from the ashes(over and over again) and then they showed the explosen that was ment to kill zoe/eve. was i the only one that thought that this was their way of saying that she could be back

I'm with you there. I made a topic a few months ago about the phoenix will rise from the ashes or something and to me it looked like she was eventually going to come back. So i don't know now lol... I hope Zoe does come back, whocares if it's very unrealistic because she died or whatever, this is soap, and this is what we love about soaps, if we want to watch realistic stuff, then we might as well watch BB or something lol

If "the phoenix will rise from the ashes" was on a tape of Sarah, speaking to Zoe, then maybe Zoe had this planned all along - that she would fake her own death using fire. She might have had a body in the warehouse already, just in case something went wrong with Sally, or she may have just been planning to do a runner after she killed Sally. I'm not really sure but, by soap logic, it's not IMpossible...

I think it would be cool if Irene started seeing Zoe, like she was seeing Chloe. How freaky would that be?

Someone mentioned something in one of the early posts about Emily Perry being tied up in another show, "Random House". I think they were referring to "Random Place", which was an internet/ mobile phone soap that was just pictures and captions. Dan O'Connor (Ned from Neighbours) was in that too, so if he's available I don't see why she wouldn't be. My sister's friend was in that too, and she hasn't mentioned anything about it for a while. I think it might be over.

I dont think there could have been any other "bodies" lying around the warehouse. Wasnt the room Sally eventually locked Zoe in the same one Zoe had her tied up in before? It was a small room, nowhere to hide a body in it. And even if the body wasnt found in that room, we saw Sally and Zoe running around every inch of that warehouse - if there was any other bodies there, Sally would have tripped over it ten times as she ran back and forth. The explosion happened as soon as Zoe kicked open the door so there wouldnt have been any time for her to stage a death and get out of there. I dont think she'll be back. Sarah still could be though! They were going to exhume the body to make sure she was really dead, but that was going to take five weeks or something, so I presume that would have been called off when they found out Zoe was the stalker. But do we really know for certain that Sarah is really dead! There was enough doubt around it for Peter and Clare to suspect she might not be, and then they kind of gave up on all that after the Zoe thing. You never know.....................

I only saw this finale last week in Ireland. I have to say I felt it was a bit anti-climactic. Two things about it all bugged me. The first was that my wife, who doesnt watch the show regularly at all and thinks it is more than a little lame, was able to guess correctly who the stalker was months ago, when she caught a glimpse of Zoe on screen for the very first time! She normally just reads a book or surfs the net while I have Home and Away on, so she knows pretty much what is going on without giving it much attention. The stalker thing was just getting into swing one day, when she happened to look at the tv during a Zoe scene and say "theres something suspicious about this girl, I bet shes the stalker." Just like that! I had to act all "no, thats silly, shes got nothing to do with any of that, she only arrived in town a few weeks ago" but still.....she was sure! Even when the episode with Zoe apparently being stabbed came on, she was just like "she did that herself, shes the stalker"! I was a bit annoyed, because I knew when it came out that she was right from the start she'd be back doing her usual "its a stupid show, so predictable, you can guess whats going to happen with everything before it even happens". Grrrrr. ! (And she did!)

The other thing that annoyed me was that they could have made this story better by developing Zoe more while she was around. Sure she was there for four months or so but for the majority of that time she was just in the background. She was chirpy and happy and all but she didnt get any real storylines to help flesh her out as a character, just the stuff with Kim, which was boring to say the least. I know there wasnt a lot they could do, story-wise, with her, as she wasnt even who she claimed to be, so they couldnt delve into her past or have any family or friends turning up to cause trouble for her , but still...they should have done something to make her more of a lovable character, to make people care about her. They could have come up with some ideas, like having her be held hostage at the hospital by some paranoid patient or something, have her make a fatal mistake at the hospital by administering the wrong dosage and killing a patient or something. Anything to make her more real and generate some sympathy/interest. In the end though, when you think back about it, she was just brought in to the show so they could have someone they could call a "regular" as the stalker (and even that wasnt true), just someone that had actually been in the show for a few months so that it would give their big revelation some relevance. If theyd give the character a bit more to do, un-stalker related, during her time there, I think it would have all went down a lot better and been a bit more shocking than it ended up as. Even now, I think back on Zoes time in the show and Im not saddened by how it turned out at all. It didnt effect me in the slightest that she turned out to be a villain, and that was the let down in the storytelling I think.

Still though, theywere an exciting couple of episodes, having said all that. Just would have liked a bit more punch with the revelation of it all.

Archived