Jodi acting up and far from home

Guest dnp52td

yeh It ok to be drunk the first time but not any other time Poor Jodi Everyone leave her alone or Chris will get you I hope Jodi not going to qutie Home and Away because of that

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference between the average 20-something getting drunk and Jodi getting drunk is that Jodi is seen as a role model to thousands of teenage girls who watch the show.

A young teen seeing some random girl wasted will probably think "what a moron". A young teen seeing Jodi off her face will probably think "wow that's so cool I want to have fun like her"

^Can't agree with that. Jodi isn't a role model, she's an actress. Immediatley giving someone the title of role model because they are in the public eye i think is stupid. I am a teenage girl and i can honestly say that i didn't think that. If there was anyone to blame it was the media for printing the story in the first place if they thought it was a bad example.

Jodi's young she's allowed to go out and enjoy herself like everyone else. I hate when the media make soapies out to be drunken hellraisers....its just the same as what everyone else in their twenties is doing. I know I am!!

Exactly.

Jodi isn't a role model, she's an actress. Immediatley giving someone the title of role model because they are in the public eye i think is stupid. I am a teenage girl and i can honestly say that i didn't think that. If there was anyone to blame it was the media for printing the story in the first place if they thought it was a bad example.

I agree with this too. They are printing that what Jodi did was a bad example? Well nobody would know about it if they weren't printing it in the first place.

A young teen seeing some random girl wasted will probably think "what a moron". A young teen seeing Jodi off her face will probably think "wow that's so cool I want to have fun like her"

This is just patronising!

The difference between the average 20-something getting drunk and Jodi getting drunk is that Jodi is seen as a role model to thousands of teenage girls who watch the show.

Totally agree. Yes, we have all been there...but we are not likely to get our names in the paper for doing it...Some kids will now think because Jodi does it then it will be ok for them to do it....It's probably in her contract too that she does not get up to anything which brings the show into disrepute...some actors have their pay docked or don't appear for a while if they have been up to things they shouldn't have!

Of course Jodi shouldn't go and be getting herself drunk off her head every night because yes she is in the public eye and that comes with responsibility, but she's also a person, and people shouldn't make such a big deal over one drunken night. I mean I'm a teenager and throwing up doesn't sound particularly attractive to me. And I highly doubt that she wanted to be sick. It didn't really sound nice for her did it? Everyone's human, everyone's allowed to slip up every now and then. It probably won't happen again because she learnt from the incident and experienced the bad publicity it created, and that's the main thing isn't it? To learn from your mistakes.

Noy to mention the fact that if it was thought that it would be impressionable on teenage girls (which I can tell you it's not because we're not actually that stupid) then why did they publish it in the first place? No one willingly throws up, and it will hardly make a difference to our lives, because teenage girls drink already. It won't change anything.

Archived